Hot Shot - Aug 12-14 - Season IV

Last time this tournament happened was the last week in June during Season III.(III means 3 for those that don't speak Roman.)

Single Player Rewards:

1. All rewards from the previous rank + X-Force - Yellow
2-5. 5000 ISO, 100 HP, GSBW - Red, Green, Purple
6-10. 2000 ISO, 100 HP, GSBW - Green, Purple
11-25. 1000 ISO, 50 HP, GSBW - Green, Purple
26-50. 1000 ISO, 50 HP, GSBW - Purple
51-100. 500 ISO, 25 HP, GSBW - Purple
101-200. 500 ISO, mnThor - Red
201-300. 250 ISO, mnThor - Red
301-400. 2x Standard Token, 140 ISO
401-500. 70 ISO

Progression Rewards:

25. Standard Token
50. 100 ISO
100. +3 All Boosts
200. 250 ISO
300. Recruit Token
400. 25 HP
500. 2* Captain America - Red
600. 25 HP
700. 1000 ISO
800. 50 HP
900. Recruit Token
1000. 1000 ISO
1100. 3* Human Torch - Red
1200. 1000 ISO
1300. Invisible Woman - Green

Alliance rewards:

1-2. 5000 ISO, 250 HP, GSBW - Red
3-10. 5000 ISO, 100 HP, GSBW - Red
11-25. 3000 ISO, 100 HP, GSBW - Red
25-50. 2000 ISO, 100 HP, GSBW - Red
51-100. 1000 ISO, 50 HP, GSBW - Red
101-250. 1000 ISO, 50 HP
251-500. 500 ISO, 25 HP
501-1000. 500 ISO
1001-10000. 250 ISO

Comments

• Where is it icon_question.gif
  • Probably didn't want server issues
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's another break from the season...though this break may put my top 100 rank in the PvE at more risk than I had initially anticipated.
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    great, so one of the few europe-friendly tournaments in the week will probably be postponed to not be europe-friendly at all?
  • So my fault, just used to them immediately putting up the next tournament.
  • Hmmmmmmm... Wheres the hotshot event... I have a human torch with some new covers i want to try out... Hopefully they release it next, or else i prematurely wasted some iso...
  • Naked-Pimp wrote:
    Hmmmmmmm... Wheres the hotshot event... I have a human torch with some new covers i want to try out... Hopefully they release it next, or else i prematurely wasted some iso...

No idea, but the ISO isn't really wasted. 3* Torch is a perfectly acceptable ISO sink.
  • And it's live. I wonder what caused the delay? Gsbw rewards, and the event end time is as usual.
  • y2fitzy
    y2fitzy Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker
    Noob question - is this basically the same as the other PVP, just you team up with Johnny?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    y2fitzy wrote:
    Noob question - is this basically the same as the other PVP, just you team up with Johnny?

Yes it is just like all the other PVP's that have been running in season 4.
  • I'll probably take this one fairly easy. I'm not shield hopping for the 1100 when I don't need any of the other covers.
  • My 523 Torch can go to 535 with rewards from Deadpool, and I don't need any GSBW covers. I think I'm going to take this one super easy and probably try to not shield. Spent way too much HP for the last couple pvps.

Quite happy about the rewards on this one (since they mean I can be lazy).
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    While I could use the red after the balls-up I made of Tex-Mex, I'm not going to go out of my way to get it. I'll just be happy doing enough to get me another top 25 finish to get my GSBW fully covered.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Do we have a favorite build for Torch? Mine's currently 4/5/4 but I haven't added the covers from Tex-Mex yet so I can go with any build I want.

I know Torch's Red is the place to be so I'll definitely go with 5 in that. I think I prefer Black to Green simply because the Attack tiles stick around after Torch goes down but the green CD tile disappears. However, I'm not sure if I'm overlooking something. I plan to pair with Daken whenever possible for the Strike tile synergy.
  • y2fitzy
    y2fitzy Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker
    Cheers for the answers gents. Hopefully by the end of this my Thor will look 5-0-4.

The classic build, I'm sure you all agree ;
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    vudu3 wrote:
    Do we have a favorite build for Torch? Mine's currently 4/5/4 but I haven't added the covers from Tex-Mex yet so I can go with any build I want.

I know Torch's Red is the place to be so I'll definitely go with 5 in that. I think I prefer Black to Green simply because the Attack tiles stick around after Torch goes down but the green CD tile disappears. However, I'm not sure if I'm overlooking something. I plan to pair with Daken whenever possible for the Strike tile synergy.
    If you have anything other than 5 red, you're doing it wrong.
  • vudu3 wrote:

I just made the move from 5/5/3 to 5/3/5 with my Tex-Mex winnings. The attack tiles are pretty sweet, but it takes them a while to get off and their positioning around the center of the board make them extra susceptible to to being matched/cascaded away. The reduction in other AP is also a drawback.

I made the switch mostly though because I'm always pairing him with Daken. Since green is the priority match color there, it's now making more sense to me to go with Flame Jet. Black at 3 is still good enough to be a solid body blow and to double dip off of strike tiles.
  • Cool, my GSBW is lacking in purple covers, so this'll help. Event ends at a very bad time for me, but top-100 should be doable, hopefully without a 24 hour shield...
  • vudu3 wrote:

There's some discussion on the character thread (a poll might be nice there). Mine is 4/4/5, based on that being the first 13 covers I pulled, but I think I"m going 5/4/4 once I get another red. The consensus is 5 red, and the rest to your taste - if you're going to pair him with green users go 5 black, with black users go 5 green, if your indecisive go 4 in both. He doesn't have a big drawback at four covers in either of those skills, or a huge jump from 4 to 5, unlike some characters.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    He doesn't have a big drawback at four covers in either of those skills, or a huge jump from 4 to 5, unlike some characters.
    I just did the math and it looks like both black and green get a 22% damage boost going from 3 covers to 4 and an 18% damage boost going from 4 covers to 5. 5/4/4 seems to be the best build unless you plan to rarely use either black or green.