3-STAR RUMBLE WENT ONLINE!

Comments

• Spoit wrote:
    What team were you running btw? seemed like your points weren't moving at all

I only was attacked once the whole tourney IIRC.

I am running g.BW 141/Rag 115/ c.Mag 141 /c.Spidey 133ish (still leveling him). I switched out BW for Mag once I went to defense.
  • Top 15 after being #1 for about 99,9% of the tourney. It's a pain to win a game for 25 and seeing that you were hit by 37 TWICE. But hey, I got the progression widows!
  • Had quite an easy bracket and was rank 1 the whole tourney. Then as the tourney ended -it was gone from the selection- I still got -100 points finishing top 15. Seriously this does nothing but frustrate people. The devs should stop retaliations the last 10 minutes of the game.
  • The scoring to get the Punisher covers in the PvP was just as wonky as the scoring to get the Punisher covers in the PvE. Who woulda thunk it?
  • With all those matchmaking bugs, still managed to finish top 15, thanks to the boosts and my BWGS.
  • Why does it seem like some people are reporting wonky point breakdowns (like hood rounds) and some arent? Man that makes me even more frustrated lol
  • Point loss for non-lightning round tourneys have always been about this level for me. It's only the non Hood ones that have reduced point loss in my experience.

Probably just more people participating plus perhaps those who used to tank their ratings are now being put in more appropriate brackets with the recent adjustments. In the higher brackets no one really worries about attacking high level teams and most wait until the last 30m to start so it gets really hectic.

Usually have to attack only people with higher points(up to 100 points higher if I'm lucky) and kill them faster than they can kill you to make any progress. They almost always retaliate if you are worth any points to them. Plus, attacking indiscriminately will result in 5+ retaliations coming in within the last 5 minutes. The other thing I've found is that as your points go up, newer opponents with higher points gradually appear. Not as quickly as I like but it does happen.

This is only what I've experienced in playing the game. Perhaps I have freakishly bad luck and am experiencing something different to the rest of the player base but as far as I can tell, the only difference in this tourney was that there were more people competing seriously, probably because of the rewards.

This highlights how much of an advantage people who tank their ratings get though since they end up in brackets where no one really attacks them and can coast to the top while the rest have to feed off each other for points.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Why does it seem like some people are reporting wonky point breakdowns (like hood rounds) and some arent? Man that makes me even more frustrated lol

I'm wondering the same thing.
  • Got to 1st with an hour and a half left, literally went from start to around 10 minutes left without being attacked. Had a 100 point lead, got attacked around 6-8 times losing 30 a clip, checked with a minute left and had a 4 point lead over 2nd. Won one more, waited 10 and saw Green Wolvie pop up. Happy I finished 1st. **** Wolvie at 1/1/1, Punisher at 2/2/3.
  • forgrim wrote:
    big rush by beezer to knock me out of first place with two minus 30 attacks helping him. jeebus.

got the first tho.

Nah, just wanted the black Punisher. Don't have a green ****Wolvie but meh, what would I do with it?
  • Just missed #1 in my bracket, one or two too many 30+ point attacks on me. Not too disappointed since I ended up 2nd(would have liked the wolvie too), but this tourney was pretty broken.
  • #1 until two minutes before and and attacked 5 times icon_e_sad.gif

At least I was still in the Top 5
  • Not sure what was going on but I was getting attacked by the same 2 or 3 people for -30 each time and I never retaliated yet few minutes later same people attacked me for -30 each again, I wasted money on ISOs to just break even, ended with 291 points, lowest ever for a tourney for me and I played nonstop for 4 hours...It was quite painful but I think there has to be something wrong with matchmaking...
  • WilliamK99 wrote:
    Not sure what was going on but I was getting attacked by the same 2 or 3 people for -30 each time and I never retaliated yet few minutes later same people attacked me for -30 each again, I wasted money on ISOs to just break even, ended with 291 points, lowest ever for a tourney for me and I played nonstop for 4 hours...It was quite painful but I think there has to be something wrong with matchmaking...

yup i kept seeing your name over and over on my opponent list
  • Rolled back up into first and got knocked into 2-5 range at the last second. The majority of the tourney was full of retaliations, got hit twice in the last 5 min. Nothing out of the ordinary on my end. Drew my first 4* Wolvie on a Heroic Token from a Hulk sub, so I'm more than happy with finally getting Punisher on the books. They did get another $5 out of me for cover slots. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    WilliamK99 wrote:
    Not sure what was going on but I was getting attacked by the same 2 or 3 people for -30 each time and I never retaliated yet few minutes later same people attacked me for -30 each again, I wasted money on ISOs to just break even, ended with 291 points, lowest ever for a tourney for me and I played nonstop for 4 hours...It was quite painful but I think there has to be something wrong with matchmaking...

I saw it a few times as well, too bad it wasn't worth anything.
  • Finished 1st with 839, got pretty lucky to not encounter some of the issues documented. Was only one other contender in bracket, another player (forget the name :s) with a maxed out Punisher, coupled with max GBW and Spidey. Woke up at 4am with about 400 points, he was consistently in the 700-800 range, so it was a tricky catch. Managed to find him in matchmaking at the end to close down the gap and leapfrog into 1st.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    WilliamK99 wrote:

Ditto. We must be in the same matchmaking rank or pool or whatever it is.
  • TheVulture wrote:
    None the less I shall consider myself King of the World temporarily, possibly just for staying up till 5 a.m. UK time to see it through!

A fellow Brit... will fight you for that title lol. My first 5am finish for a while, having regularly done this in the early days. They don't get any easier icon_eek.gif
  • Managed to land top 5. Way more attacks than I'm used to at the end. Getting to the point where it is hard to put out a team that scares anyone icon_e_smile.gif. Skipped some of you guys in the match ups. You guys have some scary teams but with 2pt stuns and a 6 blue head start can keep most teams stunned with a bit of blue matching luck. Key was getting the green rags as a freebie today and using saved HP for a red so I was able to go from 2/2 to 3/3. Was night and day difference. Can't wait to get red up a few more. Enjoyed GS BWs 19greens skill too icon_e_smile.gif