why is there no episode 2.5

Options
found this in story so far thread

Episode 2.5, The Hulk: SHIELD and HAMMER both want to recruit the Hulk, but Hulk has plans of his own. SHIELD discovers Osborne has a hit list, and Punisher is on it. In return, Punisher decides he's got a hit list too, and all the Dark Avengers and Osborne are on it. Though he's foiled in his bid to add Hulk, Osborne says he's got Victoria Hand working for him.

I am on day 140 and we have not had this yet and i think ive played at least 2 of every event other than iso bortherhood and prodigal sun

Comments

• FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pjoe0211 wrote:
    found this in story so far thread

Episode 2.5, The Hulk: SHIELD and HAMMER both want to recruit the Hulk, but Hulk has plans of his own. SHIELD discovers Osborne has a hit list, and Punisher is on it. In return, Punisher decides he's got a hit list too, and all the Dark Avengers and Osborne are on it. Though he's foiled in his bid to add Hulk, Osborne says he's got Victoria Hand working for him.

I am on day 140 and we have not had this yet and i think ive played at least 2 of every event other than iso bortherhood and prodigal sun

The last time they ran it was Lazy Thor's release...I'm not sure if that was within the 140 day time frame or not. I assumed we'd see it again instead of TaT but I guess not (maybe next time).
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Hulk events happened before any alliance events took place (starting March 14), and I personally participated in both of those. If you started playing after March 14, you wouldn't catch any Hulk events, yeah.
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I was thinking about this the other day actually. Because at the end of that event, it basically sets up Punisher ready to go after Osborn. And now since we are no longer under the Dark Reign tag, I think this story would be the final Dark Reign story PVE event. At least in my mind it makes sense. What better way to go out than to add Green Goblin as the new character in this story event basically having the Dark Reign arc end with Punisher dismantling HAMMER. Plus with this story, I could see it being played on either side. Maybe have a team up with the Goblin as you defend yourself from Punisher, or be Punisher and attack. That would be a cool way to end and open up the rest of Marvel Universe.
  • The answer to this one is because running Episode 2.5 requires the devs to hand out a free Hulk Green cover to everyone that plays the event, once the global progression bar is unlocked. It's the whole point of the episode, to "unlock" Hulk.

The idea was a great idea at the time, as Episode 2.5 was the first event with a "global unlock meter" that almost every event since then has used in some form or another. However, over time, the devs have decided that building complete 3*** characters should be as difficult as possible to encourage direct cover sales by players. Free covers tend to go against that logic.

So, in general, I would not expect Episode 2.5 to run again anytime soon, unless the devs want to rework the event to not require handing out a free Hulk cover (which I doubt, as Dark Reign is no longer the focus of the game, thus semi-retiring all of the older content).

** Side note: Prodigal Sun gave out a free Sentry cover for his launch. However, players do not know if the free cover given was tied to the event, similar to the Hulk's event, or if the cover was given in response to the massive gameplay issues that were occurring at the time. As the event has not been rerun as of yet, no one knows for sure outside of the devs. If the Sentry cover is hard tied to the event, expect Episode 4.5 to be as rare as Hulk's Episode 2.5.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The free Sentry cover was due to the event. It was quite a secret too. Once the meter was filled and you got the cover, you were able to use him boosted even though he was not on the initial list of boosted characters. I enjoyed Prodical Sun immensely and felt that was a proper way to go about PvE.