Mana (AP) cheating has to STOP!

Options
Seriously...this sh*t has been going on for far too long now...

You know the drill: Ares suddenly uses Sunder without him having 10 yellow mana, and no, I'm not talking about PvE fights with goons that feed Ares yellow mana, so this is either some kind of bug or an advanced cheat. I'm not buying the theory that the opponent has extra mana due to some mana boost. Then why isn't that mana even showing on the enemy's mana table?

Now I came upon an even worse bug: Black Panther used his incredibly strong team attack when he had almost no black mana at all! It killed my entire team and I was keeping a close eye on the opponent, checking his mana every now and then so I know he didn't have the required mana. And yet, from nowhere, comes Black Panther's team attack and kills my team. Yeah, very likely. NOT! icon_evil.gif

So D3, either you investigate this and fix it, whether it's a bug or a cheat, or you explain what this is all about and if it's as you say, that the opponent gets extra mana because of using boosts, then you better start showing that mana so we can calculate how we should play.

Invisible boost/bug/cheat-mana just HAS to be fixed because it destroys the whole PvP system! icon_evil.gif

Comments

• captainnjpw
    captainnjpw Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Get screenshots of it as it happens. Give them concrete evidence.
  • Unknown
    Options
    There is definitely some kind of bug here. Its evident with the number of Ares+OBW combos I'm seeing lately. It used to be Thor+OBW all the time for me but that has changed.

If I had the ISO to level Ares up, I would do so and ride the train like so many others. You should too if you can icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Ok I just played a PVP game in the Hood tournament. Got smashed by an adamantium slash after only two basic moves. No cascades by the AI so not sure how the AI gathered 12 red in two moves.
  • Cragger
    Cragger Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    prash wrote:
    Another odd bug is that after I used the Hood's yellow twin pistols, it didn't let me make a normal match. The AI went about firing their twin pistols. Anyways that's a bug for another topic

Is your yellow at level 5? Is the opponents at level 5?

Twin Pistols - Yellow 18 AP
    Parker Robbins fires his twin Lorcin .380’s, destroying two selected 3x3 blocks of tiles, earning AP and dealing damage. Ends the turn.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Costs 1 AP less.
    Level 3: Costs 1 AP less.
    Level 4: Costs 1 AP less.
    Level 5: Doesn’t end the turn.
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Get screenshots of it as it happens. Give them concrete evidence.

Screenshots would be a tough call. It'd have to be done on PC (maybe tablet?), as the teams' AP counts have to be accessed from the sliding screen up top. I can only see my opponents' AP during my turn. Because of that, any phone screenshot won't show the AP count and the move at the same time.

Someone could video their PC's game and post it on YouTube. That's about it.

The other thing that makes this error tough is that its nature is it happens when you're not expecting it, and usually when you're focused on winning. It takes a lot of forethought to keep pencil-and-paper notation of the opponents' AP and then match it against their moves.

Until then, add my voice as someone who feels there's some intentional or unintentional home cooking going on.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anyone else notice that when the AI matches only 4 colors they sometimes get an extra turn. And I dont mean 4 tiles and a crit, I mean 4 total.

Is this common, or is it maybe a glitch on my tablet.

I noticed it a while back, it doesn't do it all the time, just every now and again. I have also noticed the AI mana cheat so I have been paying very close attention the past few weeks. When the AI matches 4 it still takes out whole row, just gives them an extra turn sometimes as if it had matched 5 instead.

Before anyone says that I am imagining this or not paying attention, let me say that I have looked over this forum a lot and I've seen a few threads about this. People keep suggesting that others record the glitch or bug. Only way i could think to do that was record every second of every match I played. I did so for about a week. Then, I finally got it. Video evidence of the AI getting an extra turn. You see it so perfectly in slow motion. AI matches 3 vertical yellow, tiles fall making a horizontal row of 4, four, NOT 5, four, blue. One, two, three, four. 4 blue ONLY. Then they get an extra turn. I was not stunned and no powers were used. No crit tiles. It was just a regular turn.

However I haven't heard of others having this problem, only the AI mana/ap cheat.

So, if this is a problem with my tablet then thats on me. If others have seen the same thing, then thats different. Question now is, what do I do with my little video?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Anyone else notice that when the AI matches only 4 colors they sometimes get an extra turn. And I dont mean 4 tiles and a crit, I mean 4 total.

I noticed it a while back, it doesn't do it all the time, just every now and again. I have also noticed the AI mana cheat so I have been paying very close attention the past few weeks. When the AI matches 4 it still takes out whole row, just gives them an extra turn sometimes as if it had matched 5 instead.

Before anyone says that I am imagining this or not paying attention, let me say that I have looked over this forum a lot and I've seen a few threads about this. People keep suggesting that others record the glitch or bug. Only way i could think to do that was record every second of every match I played. I did so for about a week. Then, I finally got it. Video evidence of the AI getting an extra turn. You see it so perfectly in slow motion. AI matches 3 vertical yellow, tiles fall making a horizontal row of 4, four, NOT 5, four, blue. One, two, three, four. 4 blue ONLY. Then they get an extra turn. I was not stunned and no powers were used. No crit tiles. It was just a regular turn.

However I haven't heard of others having this problem, only the AI mana/ap cheat.

So, if this is a problem with my tablet then thats on me. If others have seen the same thing, then thats different. Question now is, what do I do with my little video?

Can you post it to YouTube? A video that shows the AI "cheating" (it's not, just a bug or combination of them, though the result is the same) is a pretty big deal, given how many of us are noticing discrepancies. If you don't gave a YouTube account, I would seriously consider making one just to get this up + out there for everyone to see for themselves.

If YouTube is out, do you have a Facebook account? You could post it there and set the post to be "public". That way you could post the link here and in your CS ticket, everyone could see watch the video, but your Facebook would still be inaccessible if that's how you have it already. We'd be able to see your name though, which you may not want. I guess you could make a Facebook account just for sharing the video?

Aside from those two, I don't know of any "easy" ways to share videos.

Personally I have my mega-IT geek of a partner to handle things for me. He maintains servers and websites that all my photos + videos get uploaded to automatically. It syncs with any wifi connection so this way I don't need to do anything. To share, I send someone a link to either the site if I want them to see everything, or a specific one for a set of photos/vids.. It makes sharing footage of my gorgeous 2y.o. nephew very easy!
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Amanda1983 wrote:

Can you post it to YouTube? A video that shows the AI "cheating" (it's not, just a bug or combination of them, though the result is the same) is a pretty big deal, given how many of us are noticing discrepancies. If you don't gave a YouTube account, I would seriously consider making one just to get this up + out there for everyone to see for themselves.

If YouTube is out, do you have a Facebook account? You could post it there and set the post to be "public". That way you could post the link here and in your CS ticket, everyone could see watch the video, but your Facebook would still be inaccessible if that's how you have it already. We'd be able to see your name though, which you may not want. I guess you could make a Facebook account just for sharing the video?

Aside from those two, I don't know of any "easy" ways to share videos.

Personally I have my mega-IT geek of a partner to handle things for me. He maintains servers and websites that all my photos + videos get uploaded to automatically. It syncs with any wifi connection so this way I don't need to do anything. To share, I send someone a link to either the site if I want them to see everything, or a specific one for a set of photos/vids.. It makes sharing footage of my gorgeous 2y.o. nephew very easy!

My sister designs websites and is a facebook junky. I'm not so great with computers, but she can help me.

What i decided was that I will post on both you tube and face book, but first I need more. Some might see it and say it was a fluke, or a one time thing or trick of the light. I am going to record every time I play over next few weeks and also try to get the mana/ap cheat as well. This may take 2 or even 3 weeks, but with it caught enough times there will be no way to deny it.

Then as I said, I'll put it on you tube and facebook both. Dont misunderstand, I really love this game, but it gets on my nerves when the AI wins because of an extra turn that should have been mine or it gets extra mana/ap without making the matches for it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I've had the points "cheating" trouble too. I was keeping an eye on the number of points, and then an attack came out of nowhere. icon_mad.gif I survived it and flattened the AI, but yes, it could have cost me quite a bit...
  • Get screenshots of it as it happens. Give them concrete evidence.

That IS kind of tough to do, since you never know when the bug will show up and I can't keep recording all my play all the time.
  • Get screenshots of it as it happens. Give them concrete evidence.

It isn't that easy. This would require infinite patience to take a picture every turn, player and AI. Or maybe someone would have to record a video while playing. Also, if you're on a mobile device, you don't see the mana that the other team has unless you swipe to the left every turn.