*** Beast (Classic) ***

Comments

• Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought Bishop was more of a fringe character, but apparently not. Sure, it might be Bishop or Banshee.
  • Unknown
    edited August 2014
    Maybe they will try to link up all the marvel universe by introduce a time travel mutant .

Kiden- nope, she is not in x-men
    Cable- nope, no "B"
    Bishop- msybe, i am sure he wis doing timetravel thing to hunt cable and hope in mesiah war
    Blink- teleporter, x-men, appear in TDOFP. Yeah,maybe. But she is not a big character with strategic and organize plan to travel whole marvel universe..
    Beast- wait a minute, nothing special about this fellow. So, please don"t

My guess go to bishop
  • "Blindfold (first one on the list I've never heard of)
    Bling! (second one)
    Broo (huh? at least the others are words)
    Bird-Brain
    Butterfly (X-Factor; aka Layla miller)
    Basilisk (I think we're getting really obscure here)"

Blindfold is a common x-men character, maybe introduced in New X-Men, or something. Played a big role in X-Men Legacy volume 2. Precognition, so not likely a MPQ character.
    Broo is Wolverine and the X-Men. He is a brood alien, but smart and nice. Can be vicious.
    Basilisk is alternate dimension Cyclops, if I remember correctly. From Age of X, created by Legion. Had his eyelids removed by Arcade so that he could be forced to kill other mutants. Would be awesome addition, but would be surprising without Cyclops in the game. Would definitely be dark though.

Thought I'd add some Marvel info to the discussion.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    I thought Bishop was more of a fringe character, but apparently not. Sure, it might be Bishop or Banshee.
    I must admit some (a lot) of my Bishop fanboyism is coming from the 90s cartoon icon_e_biggrin.gif

If he ever does make it in, I imagine he'd play very similar to Captain Marvel.
  • My guess is that it will be a 3 star finished Bullseye. Classic with black and white bullseye.
  • trey9
    trey9 Posts: 102
    My guess is that it will be a 3 star finished Bullseye. Classic with black and white bullseye.
    I agree, if not the next character, he will probably be coming soon.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    So.... Mr ICEIX, since we can't play the game atm or anything, will you at least tell us which character about to be released starts with a "B"? You know what I'm talking about. The team up thread error you supposedly made. Hehe. Please?
    Nope. I'll say that the character's color strengths are currently Blue, Green, Yellow though.

Source.
  • Someone just had an idea that might work. Bobby drake. Xmen, and starts with b, one of the most popular, and we've seen the, do first names before.
  • IceX just said in that same topic that yogi posted that a Character that starts with a B is probably next. The future X-man character isn't next. Thus not Beast.
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Bishop would add a lot of different directions they could take the story as they drift away from Dark Reign, where he could be a central figure in a lot of time traveling. Blink does that a bit too (Age of Apocalypse anyone?)

There are several X-Men more deserving/prominent than Beast
  • I agree with Bobby Drake. Makes it less obvious, kinda, when not using their nickname.
  • Jathro wrote:
    There are several X-Men more deserving/prominent than Beast

Considering he was one of the founding members, I'm gonna say that no there are not. There are exactly five X-Men who are equally deserving, but none more so.

Kuchiri wrote:
    IceX just said in that same topic that yogi posted that a Character that starts with a B is probably next. The future X-man character isn't next. Thus not Beast.

I've seen a few people make this statement now. Can you provide a source that the X-Man character isn't next?
  • Joker117
    Joker117 Posts: 124
    Would love beast , not so much banshee but his powers could be a shatter type like scream shatters the board etc , Bishop I'd love to see and Blink just bc the movie lol but idk what they'd use for powers ? (Move tile ? , move character out of harms way ? Idk ) .
  • Any idea when we could see this character? Prob wont be for a few more weeks since Deadpool just came out.
  • Iceix said it's still in development but could be in the next few weeks.
  • They've been very consistent lately with every other PVE offering a new character, so the next one after TaT should have somebody. It won't necessarily be this one, though.
  • Bloodnosk... wait wrong company LOL
  • Katai
    Katai Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Dude, I would throw down so much money for Broo, but alas, it'll never happen.

14sgmjb.jpg
  • If it isn't an X-Man...
    I just went to the Marvel list of characters whose name start with B and figure here are the most likely choices:

Bullseye - unlikely because of the color scheme IceIX gave out (Green/Blue/Yellow)
    Ben Grimm - possible, fits the color scheme, but I don't think they'd bring him in as Ben Grimm first
    Black Bolt - oh man... do I want him... but without a black power, it doesn't make sense. I mean... he's BLACK bolt.
    Bishop - X-Man, so no
    Beast - X-Man, but Avenger, so I have a hint of hope lol
    Banshee - X-Man, so no
    Blob - interesting... but a minor side character at this point
    Blade - Color scheme just feels totally wrong here...
    Baron Zemo - BZ with no purple??? What are you thinking... I mean it isn't like you did that to Psylocke or anything... oh wait.
    Bob, Agent of Hydra - oh if only...

But my personal hope and favorite is for....

Baron Strucker - color scheme fits (yellow and green for sure anyway) and he would be a great addition... but if he's not a 4* and Fury is, that is a bit off balance story wise. Also, beyond Secret Warriors (read it, its awesome), he wasn't part of Dark Reign.

Course Beyonder would be amazing... but he isn't remotely relevant to modern comics, so no chance.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    There's also Black Cat (who would need a black power though).
    If we are certain it's not an X-Men member, I would love seeing Ben Grimm. Bruce Banner as a 2* Hulk? Doesn't fit much, as lazies usually share colour schemes.