3-STAR RUMBLE WENT ONLINE!

Comments

• Misguided wrote:
    Forge wrote:
    Hm, anyone want to help me figure out who to level as my third for this tourney?

Character 1: IM40, 5/3/2, level 95
    Character 2: Doc Doom, 5/2, level 74
    Character 3: ???

Looking at either:
    Gray Widow, 5/3/5, currently level 34 or
    Spidey classic, 3/2/4, currently level 20.

I have about 37,000 ISO squirreled away, and I'm looking forward to any advice you folks have as to who should get it. Thanks!

Tough call. Widow is more level-dependent, but that doesn't look like a fast kill team, so Spidey will come in handy. I think if your model 40 had three in recharge, I would have picked widow for sure. I get the feeling Spidey scares people more, at least until Widow gets really high in level.

Seconded
  • I agree that you won't be able to get quick kills with Doom and Model 40. Spidey will lock down the enemy team until your other guys get warmed up. Longer matches, but on the plus side, use your heals judiciously and you'll have no downtime. icon_e_smile.gif
  • I didn't have a decent *** team last time, but still got to top 10.
    Let's see what my 114 rag, 110 spidey and 116 grey suit widow can do this time.
    Really want all those punisher covers.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    So I have 10k ISO stored up from the PvE event. Should I spend it on my lvl 90 rag, or spread the love to my 40 something mags or spidey
  • Spoit wrote:
    So I have 10k ISO stored up from the PvE event. Should I spend it on my lvl 90 rag, or spread the love to my 40 something mags or spidey
    rag first
    a high level rag can grind iso from lightning rounds easily
  • Polkio wrote:
    140 Spidey
    112 Rag
    140 Widow
    for offense

and

140 Spidey
    112 Rag
    116 minus defense team bug Magneto or 99 minus defense team bug Hood
    for defense

yum yum

My spidey and rag are maxed now, and got a 100 mag too icon_e_smile.gif. My widow is only level 54 though icon_e_sad.gif
  • Just envy you guys for having so many 3* characters...
    Only got a max IM40, rest of the characters is not up to the half mark.
    Even DD i was only able to get the black full cover which is useless since his blue is the more important skill to deal serious damage.

Might try my luck hitting to get the black punisher... icon_e_sad.gif
  • 141 IM 40, 141 Spidey, 101 Doom. Doom is like a gatling gun; he takes a while to get spun up, but once he does he mows down teams, especially when stun-lock is in the mix. Not the strongest 3* team, but should put me in the mix for Punisher. Want him as a passcard in case they repeat Canada or Nevada like they did for some of the Hunt subs.
  • 141 IM 40, 141 Spidey, 101 Doom. Doom is like a gatling gun; he takes a while to get spun up, but once he does he mows down teams, especially when stun-lock is in the mix. Not the strongest 3* team, but should put me in the mix for Punisher. Want him as a passcard in case they repeat Canada or Nevada like they did for some of the Hunt subs.

This team may not the "strongest 3* team," but at max levels, you're literally gonna mow ANY team you encounter. I would be surprised if you didn't get Rank 1

Btw, really nice deck. Mine's the same as your's but just a crapload of levels below yours.
  • Man, is nobody playing this or what? Finding it hard to get sny matches worthwhile. Sorry f3mf1re and walkyourpath. Don't like hitting forumites (at least those I remember). I got to 600 before just not finding any worthwhile matches.

Been knocked down to 550 now by one player (dannyshan, freaking quit it) but I'm still in first place in my bracket. Was hoping to make 800 for the heroic token.
  • I'm playing just enough to stay in range for Wolverine covers. Most people just can't reasonably compete in this because we only have one decent level 3* if any. I do maybe two fights a day to stay in the top 150, if I go any higher I just get knocked down by a team I have no chance at beating.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    Man, is nobody playing this or what? Finding it hard to get sny matches worthwhile. Sorry f3mf1re and walkyourpath. Don't like hitting forumites (at least those I remember). I got to 600 before just not finding any worthwhile matches.

Been knocked down to 550 now by one player (dannyshan, freaking quit it) but I'm still in first place in my bracket. Was hoping to make 800 for the heroic token.

Not much in my bracket either. Lead only has 500. I'm hanging back for the moment.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Misguided wrote:
    Zathrus wrote:
    Man, is nobody playing this or what? Finding it hard to get sny matches worthwhile. Sorry f3mf1re and walkyourpath. Don't like hitting forumites (at least those I remember). I got to 600 before just not finding any worthwhile matches.

Not much in my bracket either. Lead only has 500. I'm hanging back for the moment.
    Why? first place gets the punishers now too
  • My bracket's got a guy with a max level Rag/Spidey/IM40. I don't think I can outplay him in points for that first place. I should be able to hang in the mix for Punisher though.
  • Zathrus wrote:

No worries. I ran up to 700 last night, and even after you and some others hit me I'm only down to second. Another 4* Wolvie is a nice bonus, but as long as I end up in the Top 5 I'll be pleased as punch. I keep cracking the top 300 in Hulk, but without a Punisher I'm slowly falling behind, even with a dedicated grind.
  • This is my first time competing seriously in a tournament since the last PvE debacle. I haven't played for about a week. Imagine my surprise to see another 3* tournament and the Hulk PvE. icon_e_surprised.gif Unfortunately, since I haven't been playing, my characters haven't been leveled up and every team I'm up against seems to have all characters maxed out. Lol. What a difference a week makes! icon_razz.gif
  • Zathrus wrote:

Your the only other high level player that I have seen in my bracket. I can't get any higher than 700. Just not worth the grinding until others pick up the pace.
  • Just curious as to why I keep seeing all the high lvl IM40 out there. Was there a discount on HP or ISO for this guy? His attacks suck balls and he actually does spidey's job for himself(stun). There are so many better lvl 3 to play with.
  • whats a good time to join (2 hrs before? 1 hr?) to go for top 5? my MMR is too high right now. Don't wanna slough thru all these high hp 3 stars
  • russnou wrote:
    Just curious as to why I keep seeing all the high lvl IM40 out there. Was there a discount on HP or ISO for this guy? His attacks suck balls and he actually does spidey's job for himself(stun). There are so many better lvl 3 to play with.

Covers for him have been available in quite a few events, including as progression awards.