Deadpool Prediction

Options
At the beginning of Sub 2 in Deadpool vs. MPQ, Deadpool will pop up and say:

"Looks like those silly developers miscalculated the PvE progression rewards AGAIN! Since 90% of the playerbase already has more than 10,000 points, I am going to give rewards all the way to 25,000 points. Who loves ya baby? That's right, Deadpool."

A man can dream, can't he?

Comments

• Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Certainly not a crazy idea!

With the introduction of Deadpool, the devs could probably start doing random events and then "blaming" it on Deadpool. Stuff like extra rewards...not so much for server issues.
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    God I hope you are actually right.

Otherwise it's really odd for them to have set it up at 10k...
  • Even with the essential missions it's very very easy to get the 10000 points. It really should have been set higher with more rewards added in.
  • LavishDragoon
    LavishDragoon Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    While I think they've given out 3 3* covers before. It was in MUCH longer events and only 1 more cover. For a 2-3 day event the progression rewards were nice....and attainable. You can't have it both ways. Besides, as much clamoring as there was for deadpools' release. Fighting over deadpool covers should be enough. Remember it was only a 2-3 day event...much shorter and the rewards were very rare covers. Plus combined with all the Hood rewards being given out in a grouping a new player can put together a decent covered hood.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe the devs just wanted to do something nice to celebrate Deadpool and let everyone have 2 basically free Hoods?
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Maybe the devs just wanted to do something nice to celebrate Deadpool and let everyone have 2 basically free Hoods?
    I agree, I think devs wanted to be kind and offered us these 2 covers.
    Too bad I already had five of each of these covers, I'd have like a lot more to be offered a Deadpool cover! icon_e_wink.gif
  • This even and the last heroic are annoying.

I'm way past the 2 hood rewards but I'm no where near getting a deadpool card and I feel like I haven't put my phone down for over 2 days.
  • CoolB76 wrote:
    This even and the last heroic are annoying.

I'm way past the 2 hood rewards but I'm no where near getting a deadpool card and I feel like I haven't put my phone down for over 2 days.

Either you've been placed into the worst bracket known to man kind, or you're exaggerating how much you're playing.
  • Jkells wrote:
    CoolB76 wrote:

Either you've been placed into the worst bracket known to man kind, or you're exaggerating how much you're playing.

Hyperbole aside, this event is among the grindiest ever in this game. Brackets are incredibly close as well.

A player can easily pick up all of the progression rewards at 10k points, but winning outright will require 35k points by midnight EDT tonight and likely anything less than 32k probably won't place a player in the top 100 for a Deadpool cover at all.

So yeah, the grind is insane and the vast majority will not reap any Deadpool covers at all.
  • Jkells wrote:
    CoolB76 wrote:

Depends on perspective. I'm around 200. Yeah that's only 100 away from a deadpool reward but considering how much I've played this event already I just doubt I'll be able to make up the next 100 spots to get a DP cover.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Lyrian wrote:
    A player can easily pick up all of the progression rewards at 10k points, but winning outright will require 35k points by midnight EDT tonight and likely anything less than 32k probably won't place a player in the top 100 for a Deadpool cover at all.

So yeah, the grind is insane and the vast majority will not reap any Deadpool covers at all.

If your predictions are correct Lyrian I'm a bit scared as I scored 'only' 23k yet.
    As midnight EDT means 5 am (UTC+1) for me, the best I can plan is two play sessions, the first in the next 2h and the 2nd in the early morning. For now, I think I earned an average of 3k or 4k per session so I could hope to reach 30k at the very end but the range of 32k - 35k seems out of reach icon_cry.gif

And of course I understand that 'the vast majority will not reap any Deadpool covers at all'... but I should! icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif
  • It's "lucky" the brackets are only 500 players big.

5 % will get 2 covers and 2000 will get 3.

Not much.