Why You Shouldn't be Too Disappointed if you Don't get Hulk

Options
2»

Comments

• I'll definitely take Thor and Wolverine over Doom or Loki. I'm not much of an IM40 fan either except for his gigantic HP pool.
  • Loki, IM40 and Hood are definitely worse on defense than Thor or Wolvie. CStorm is probably on a same level of annoying as Loki and Hood.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IM40 was a big "attack me" sign during the free for all tournament. Sure he has a lot of HP, but he's not going to be actually using any powers over the course of a defense game. At most, he'll get a recharge off and stun himself for 2 turns, but unless he only has 1 yellow, you can usually take care of the other reds on his team before then, or minimize the AP his team gets by leaving only 1 countdown tile
  • Personally I don't believe in or worry about defense. I run 141 spidey, 115 rags and 110 IM 40 and IM is very useful. Him getting stunned is inconsequential when he generates AP for spidey and rags
  • Spoit wrote:
    Thor, wolvie, maybe even c storm are better than like Loki or hood or im40 and the like

I'd agree better than Loki, but not IM40, at least not maxed out. The reason Loki loses is because not only are his powers "meh" but he tops out at 115 with relatively low health and tile damage.

IM40 has a huge health pool and tile damage at 141.

This is, of course, ignoring how much ISO it takes.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    Thor, wolvie, maybe even c storm are better than like Loki or hood or im40 and the like

I'd agree better than Loki, but not IM40, at least not maxed out. The reason Loki loses is because not only are his powers "meh" but he tops out at 115 with relatively low health and tile damage.

IM40 has a huge health pool and tile damage at 141.

This is, of course, ignoring how much ISO it takes.

Agreed. And high level Hoods are no joke either with their AP stealing
  • The problem with IM40 for me is he takes so long to get his powers ready. This games is about speed. Its about How many opponents can you take down at the end of a tournament to keep yourselves on top. By the time IM40s red is ready to go I could have had thor use red twice and generate 10 yellows for his next attack. Wolverine could have filled the board with strike tiles. So I would have to agree that thor and wolvie are better than im40 simply because of how long it takes him to do anything other than recharge.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    the moose wrote:
    The problem with IM40 for me is he takes so long to get his powers ready. This games is about speed. Its about How many opponents can you take down at the end of a tournament to keep yourselves on top. By the time IM40s red is ready to go I could have had thor use red twice and generate 10 yellows for his next attack. Wolverine could have filled the board with strike tiles. So I would have to agree that thor and wolvie are better than im40 simply because of how long it takes him to do anything other than recharge.
    And if you put too many covers into recharge, it also costs too much. 1 or 2 at most
  • Loki > im40