*** Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool!) ***

Comments

• MunitionsFrenzy
    MunitionsFrenzy Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    The one thing people seem to miss about Deadpool is that just able everything inappropriate is appropriate for him. That's how he rolls. What's questionable is that Deadpool is a heavy user of guns yet he lacks a skill that uses them.
    Guns are pretty irrelevant against most of the stronger opponents in the Marvel-verse. Assume his basic match damage is from gunplay. His abilities should be stronger than just shooting at someone.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    But yeah, definitely underwhelmed by his black
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    The one thing people seem to miss about Deadpool is that just able everything inappropriate is appropriate for him. That's how he rolls. What's questionable is that Deadpool is a heavy user of guns yet he lacks a skill that uses them.

You're more thinking Impossible Man or Mr. Mxyzptlk. Deadpool occasionally has a magic satchel for weaponry, but that's it so far as magic goes. He'll buy and do insane things, but most of them are possible to do.

His description says he likes to eat chimichangas (which spellcheck thinks is Michigan). He actually just likes saying the word -- in mexican restaurants he never orders chimichangas.
  • I'm also curious as to the icon he places over opponent's health.

But what I really want to know is, has anyone gotten WWW off yet? I'm curious what these "Deadpool Points" are.
  • I had LIfe of the Party trigger, looks like a one turn countdown. If that. It triggered when he jumped in front of a team-up Sniper Shot, and I got the heal as my turn started. Didn't even notice it on the board.

Also used WWW once. When you highlight it you can see a Deadpool Points counter. Reads 0/28,000 though, so can't really see how many it costs to use the super version.
  • so almost 4k damage for 6 red? this guy is a health pack killer.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    sms4002 wrote:
    so almost 4k damage for 6 red? this guy is a health pack killer.

He will be the first person taken out on defense. His red is most dangerous in the beging of the match. The longer the fight goes the less red does, and purple becomes the issue. I don't think he will take over Sentry's title as the fastest kill in the game though since Sentry does so much damage so quickly.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:
    He will be the first person taken out on defense.
    With his Human Pincushion power, that's very likely true.

Denying 14 purple isn't too hard. So yes, it's the red power that's troublesome.

Spiderman is a good counter. With a shield up, match damage goes to 0. 65% of current health is a diminishing amount of damage, and never kills.

Add in Captain Marvel or Hulk, and there are several ways to counter Deadpool.
  • wymtime wrote:
    sms4002 wrote:
    so almost 4k damage for 6 red? this guy is a health pack killer.

He will be the first person taken out on defense. His red is most dangerous in the beging of the match. The longer the fight goes the less red does, and purple becomes the issue. I don't think he will take over Sentry's title as the fastest kill in the game though since Sentry does so much damage so quickly.

I prefer to concentrate on OBW (and Storm if I'm playing Patch).
  • Little underwhelmed by deadpools powers.

Deadpool's Red looks to go well with Punisher's retribution attack, but given the cap is 3.5k damage even at lvl 190, its only really going to be highly effective against 3 stars not at max level 166 or weak health characters like storm, magneto, human torch.

Purple looks interesting in the sense a team comprising of Thor and Black Panther will make it a bit of a nightmare to avoid being hit by one of team's team hitting powers. Although expensive to cast, do you deny green, black or purple?!?!

Deadpool's black looks interesting and potentially annoying. It makes killing characters like storm, the hood and obw more of a pain and delaying their death could allow them to do their stuff which could really mess up your day!

In terms of adding another dimension to the strategic element of the game, great work with purple and black, not too sure about the red because of the damage cap
  • Little underwhelmed by deadpools powers.

Deadpool's Red looks to go well with Punisher's retribution attack, but given the cap is 3.5k damage even at lvl 190, its only really going to be highly effective against 3 stars not at max level 166 or weak health characters like storm, magneto, human torch.
    I think you are underselling the red a bit here. Even against a fattie like hulk or thor, you're still looking at over 3k for only 6 red and they have enough health that you could get two max casts of the red before you even begin to experience diminishing returns. That is more damage than HT's red for less AP and HT's red is pretty awesome. The move actually is less efficient against the low health characters as their low health caps damage below the max.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't see the Deadpool connection to whales. He's done many odd things, but tossing whales around isn't appropriate for him. Here is the power I would give him.

Really? Tossing whales is something i expect deadpool to do! Basically anything i don't expect anyone else to do, i expect deadpool to do it! icon_razz.gif

I really like the description of the whale. Its funny and makes sense to me (i mean, if he swing a sperm whale at the team, it is definitely a AOE attack icon_e_biggrin.gif).

And the 2nd level description.... Nanananananaaaaaaaa....Narwhal! That really cracks me up.
  • Red - Only good when the opponents 65% is greater than 3k when max. This ability can NOT kill the opponents as it always does 65% of current health as damage. However, it could be deadly when pair with Punisher, provided you have 6 + 8 Red AP ready to do a two strikes instant kill.

Purple - Is it just me but the deadpool point is not accumulating? Or is it available for purchase when HP later? I'm leaning towards later, given the skill name. all in all this skill is kinda underwhelming atm. Cost too much, doesn't do much damage to justify the cost.

Black - Have yet to see it being activated as deadpool almost tank every color when he's in a team atm. So can't really tell how good this skill is.

Depend on the progression from 4 red to 5 red, if 4 red is 60%, then 4 red is enough to pair with Punisher. So red will be around 4 or 5 cover. Black will still be 5 to be effective. So I'm guessing the "best" build could be 4/4/5 or 5/3/5, depending on the red progression.

All in all, he's meh to me atm. Still will put him in my collection as I'm a hoarder. Mind you I have a not max 13/13 bagman which is almost impossible to get now. I feel so L337 having 13/13 bagman in my possession. Maybe D3P have a plan to update bagman to have some fun but still useless synergies with Deadpool? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • My one disappointment with Dedpul is his black skill.. i was hoping of getting another regenerating character like Patch and Laken, but his regen is not on par with those two..

As far as my testing go, he only regens when he is taking attack for some other team members.. Whereas regeneration should also proceed when he is taking the damage directly.. So maybe his black should be changed to produce regen tile when he directly take a hit? Not to mention the damage requirement seems too high..
  • Baltias wrote:
    Red - Only good when the opponents 65% is greater than 3k when max. This ability can NOT kill the opponents as it always does 65% of current health as damage. However, it could be deadly when pair with Punisher, provided you have 6 + 8 Red AP ready to do a two strikes instant kill.

Purple - Is it just me but the deadpool point is not accumulating? Or is it available for purchase when HP later? I'm leaning towards later, given the skill name. all in all this skill is kinda underwhelming atm. Cost too much, doesn't do much damage to justify the cost.

Black - Have yet to see it being activated as deadpool almost tank every color when he's in a team atm. So can't really tell how good this skill is.

Depend on the progression from 4 red to 5 red, if 4 red is 60%, then 4 red is enough to pair with Punisher. So red will be around 4 or 5 cover. Black will still be 5 to be effective. So I'm guessing the "best" build could be 4/4/5 or 5/3/5, depending on the red progression.

All in all, he's meh to me atm. Still will put him in my collection as I'm a hoarder. Mind you I have a not max 13/13 bagman which is almost impossible to get now. I feel so L337 having 13/13 bagman in my possession. Maybe D3P have a plan to update bagman to have some fun but still useless synergies with Deadpool? icon_e_biggrin.gif

His red is "only" good when you're getting 3k damage for 6 red? Really?
  • Baltias wrote:
    Red - Only good when the opponents 65% is greater than 3k when max. This ability can NOT kill the opponents as it always does 65% of current health as damage. However, it could be deadly when pair with Punisher, provided you have 6 + 8 Red AP ready to do a two strikes instant kill.

Red is an extremely efficient damage dealer against high health opponents. As such it has the potential to be amazing but can also be closer to OK if you are facing a low health opponent.

Purple is pretty close to CtS and RotP in terms of lots of team damage for high AP cost. And that is just the basic version. I would imagine the super powered version blows them out of the water but I don't know that we will be able to find that out until some people have him maxed on their rosters.

Black is his weakest skill to me by a large margin. It seems to play similarly to AWolvie's healing except without the 50% cap. Although with Deadpool, you can't activate it whenever you want.

I would say 5/5/3 is likely to be by far the most consistent and reliable build. With that, you're getting two killer damage moves along with an emergency true healing power that may save you in a pinch.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    edited August 2014
    But what I really want to know is, has anyone gotten WWW off yet? I'm curious what these "Deadpool Points" are.

Yup. He threw a sperm whale at the AI team and did a fairly respectable amount of damage. Somewhere around boosted Wind Storm ballpark IIRC (2500-3000 AoE). I can't say what DP points are but you can apparently stock up to 10K of them if the little pop-up before the attack is anything to go by.
    AJBCLF wrote:
    Anyone got Life of the Party to activate yet? I'm wondering how long the countdown tile is.

One turn (like Anger). I pushed Hood in front of on Onslaught team-up and DP took it on the face instead. The animation when the countdown goes off looks pretty cool too icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • So has anyone actually accumulated any Deadpool Points? I've used WWW 2 times and I still have no points... I'm just a bit confused by it.
  • Sorry for the double post, but has anyone seen Deadpool in an alternate costume at the beginning of a fight? I apologize if that's been brought up already, but I thought I'd share this screenshot I took.

G4YO26u.jpg
  • Jkells wrote:
    So has anyone actually accumulated any Deadpool Points? I've used WWW 2 times and I still have no points... I'm just a bit confused by it.

I'm thinking that a player can't actually acquire Deadpool Points until they actually have enlisted them onto their roster. Because Deadpool is not yet unlocked, no one can acquire DP yet.