*** Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool!) ***

Comments

• simonsez wrote:
    Purple costs 14, no?

Yes, and IMO that's about right for an ability that looks to be on par with CTS and RotP.
  • Baltias wrote:
    I can imagine the points for WWW are only obtainable by spending HP. icon_cool.gif

And the healing in Pin Cushion would be Fake Healing TM. icon_cool.gif

Yes, because it's not like Deadpool's healing factor puts Wolverine's to shame....
  • kalirion wrote:
    Baltias wrote:
    I can imagine the points for WWW are only obtainable by spending HP. icon_cool.gif

Yes, because it's not like Deadpool's healing factor puts Wolverine's to shame....

Naw it's gotta be true healing, as would be true to character.
  • Anyone got Life of the Party to activate yet? I'm wondering how long the countdown tile is.

Also how many DP points does it require to boost WWW?
  • For 14 red you can kill anything in the game.

6 red Deadpool followed up with 8 red Punisher.

Best combo in the game now?
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2014
    AJBCLF wrote:
    For 14 red you can kill anything in the game.

Both of these skills would require 5 covers in Red, but otherwise you are correct. If the target is at full health, these two skills combined would take it out no matter the Boosted level. Taking down a 395 Sentry or something, Maggia Don perhaps? would be extremely satisfying...

EDIT: forgot about the Max Damage Limit (3786 for a LvL 192 Deadpool), thx mags1587!
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's a max on Deadpool's damage, though, isn't there? So it won't necessarily take the full 65% of a full-health character.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    AJBCLF wrote:
    Doesn't TBTI already do this? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • mags1587 wrote:
    There's a max on Deadpool's damage, though, isn't there? So it won't necessarily take the full 65% of a full-health character.
    Yeah 3000 something at level 156.
  • vudu3 wrote:
    AJBCLF wrote:
    Doesn't TBTI already do this? icon_e_biggrin.gif

So Deadpool + Punisher = Patch. All hail Patch!

Edit: @Nonce Thats stats from 192 after his buff.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    I still don't quite get his purple ability, i.e. Deadpool points

• Are they the same points we earn from playing DP missions?
    • If you use them, it reduces your DP points or remain the same?
    • What's the overall benefit of including DP points (how much extra damage)?
    • It's optional to add DP points in attack?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Instead of Orange is the new black it is DP purple is the new BP black. about the same damage in an off color for 2 AP more and it can be a super whale attack.
  • gambl0r312 wrote:
    AJBCLF wrote:

Both of these skills would require 5 covers in Red, but otherwise you are correct. If the target is at full health, these two skills combined would take it out no matter the Boosted level. Taking down a 395 Sentry or something, Maggia Don perhaps? would be extremely satisfying...

EDIT: forgot about the Max Damage Limit (3786 for a LvL 192 Deadpool), thx mags1587!

Facepalm
  • AJBCLF wrote:

It seems to depend on what the cap is on the 65% it takes off, at lvl 64 it was 3.5k roughly. Which is enough to kill anything at lvl 64 but have to wait to see what higher level of deadpool's damage cap on the ability is. I didn't look at the power when he was buffed up to 190ish, as the node is now locked out
  • wymtime
    kalirion wrote:
    Baltias wrote:

Deadpools healing is really only good when a power goes off. Your team needs to be hit for about 1000 health and at level 5 he gets 1300 back on a CD tile. The only problem I see with this is how many 3* abilities hit for just over 1000 health. I think his red and purple are his best abilities. Both do massive damage. True healers are really important and I think his fast recovery time will be better than his true healing ability. My new vote is 5,5,3 for massive damage.
  • wymtime
    AJBCLF wrote:

It seems to depend on what the cap is on the 65% it takes off, at lvl 64 it was 3.5k roughly. Which is enough to kill anything at lvl 64 but have to wait to see what higher level of deadpool's damage cap on the ability is. I didn't look at the power when he was buffed up to 190ish, as the node is now locked out

His red is 65% or around 3500 whichever is less. One this I noticed is it put a strike next to the health bar. I wonder if this will make it so True Healing or fake healing will not go past the 65% mark? Deadpool could be a True Healing killer.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    AJBCLF wrote:
    Anyone got Life of the Party to activate yet? I'm wondering how long the countdown tile is.

Also how many DP points does it require to boost WWW?

I haven't been able to get it to activate.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2014
    Here's how his power should read.

Everyone should be paying more attention to me. If a character with less health than me would take damage, I'll teleport into the spotlight, taking the attack. Don't worry, my awesome Healing Factor then places a Black Countdown tile that'll restore 148 health to me when it goes off.

No restrictions on taking damage first. The way the power works now, Deadpool will soak up attacks causing 1000-7000 damage, and a small fraction of that damage will be healed. If he had 2000 extra hit points and no passive skill, that would be better in almost all matches.

I don't see the Deadpool connection to whales. He's done many odd things, but tossing whales around isn't appropriate for him. Here is the power I would give him.

Team Up Powers, Activate! - Purple 14 AP
    You've gotta help me get rid of the opponent Team Up powers before they go off on us! I'll steal and trigger one of the enemy's Team-Ups, but if you spend your Deadpool Points I'll hit them with every Team Up they've got. They're practically giving these Team Up powers away.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: I'll let you choose the Enemy Team Up power. Level 3: That's not all! I'll also trigger one of our Team Up powers, if you want. Level 4: If you ask nicely, I'll let you choose which of our Team Up powers to use. Level 5: Okay, I'll let you go into your arsenal of Team Up powers. Pick up to three.

With Team Ups being one-time use, this couldn't be abused too much. That arsenal will run out. An AI Deadpool could trigger your Team Ups if you brought any, and use random ones, but would be locked out of the arsenal.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    The one thing people seem to miss about Deadpool is that just able everything inappropriate is appropriate for him. That's how he rolls. What's questionable is that Deadpool is a heavy user of guns yet he lacks a skill that uses them.
  • Isay_Isay
    Isay_Isay Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    So what does the icon over an opponent's health mean after you use his red? Does their max HP drop to that even if they heal during the match?