*** Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool!) ***

Comments

• Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Unless the lvl up ratios are terrible I'm thinking DP is gonna be X/X/5 for sure. My only concern is his red. While it seems straight forward, take % off, it does say up to a max. That I do not like, I would be much happier if it said minimum. The reason is the more you use it the less it does, unless there was a minimum, but because of a max, it may not be all that great. Obviously these Deadpool points will be interesting, but because of it being inconsistent it may almost force you to a 5/3/5 build, but we shall see, in maxing black will probably be a mandatory, the rest gotta see.
  • TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    Deadpool seems like Hood's BFF.
    1. Deadpool tanks for Hood
    2. Hood's black gets Deadpool's health back faster
    3. They cover everything but green (which is a popular color)
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here is a question. What else can Deadpool points be used for? If this is something that we will be getting on a daily basis players without Deadpool should be able to do something with them. I wonder if they will remake the prologue to be more deadpool orientated and actually give out covers for Deadpool!! This way everyone can have a solid Deadpool as he is now the cover of the game?

Any guesses on what else Deadpool points will be used for?
  • Phantron wrote:
    In running scams, phishing is looking for a large number of people that you can steal a relatively small amount of money while whaling is looking for a small number of people that you can steal a relatively large amount of money. This parallels with the F2P business very well so big spenders in F2P are known as whales.

I realise that, but what have whales go to do with Deadpool specifically?
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    The PACman wrote:

Nothing specifically.

But he breaks the 4th wall so he would be aware that he is in a game and that whales are basically his patrons.
  • wymtime wrote:
    Here is a question. What else can Deadpool points be used for? If this is something that we will be getting on a daily basis players without Deadpool should be able to do something with them. I wonder if they will remake the prologue to be more deadpool orientated and actually give out covers for Deadpool!! This way everyone can have a solid Deadpool as he is now the cover of the game?

DP will only be used on Deadpool. Because of that I believe we are all getting atleast one free cover during the event.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Considering we're helping Deadpool fight the MPQ roster, he might actually be a team-up for quite a few nodes if not all of them. If the whole event is a team up, they don't have to post the node as a team up
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kuchiri wrote:
    wymtime wrote:

DP will only be used on Deadpool. Because of that I believe we are all getting atleast one free cover during the event.

I think we will get a free Deadpool as well. I also think the DP points will eventually be another form of currency. What if you could use DP points to unlock essential nods in PVE when you don't have the fetured character? I don't think the Dev's would create a completely new currency to only be used on 1 character. I think they do have some changes they want to make and the DP points will be apart of them. I am crossing my fingers the changes will be good.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm still on the side that Deapool Points will only be used during the event only. It's the only logical thing they would do as it's a PvE centered entirely around Deadpool. Those points, I believe, are used to buff up his abilities during PvE. We can stop speculating though as everyone will find out tomorrow.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    I'm guessing PVE is gonna be nodes of battles of deadpool against all the MPQ characters, from Thor to Loki to Nick Fury to goons (both hammer and shield varients) to devil dino and so on. Maybe we get comic panels in a similar vein to Deadpool kills the Marvel Universe after Deadpool finishes nodes.
  • One of Deadpool's powers should have been:

X-Men Assemble!
    10 Yellow
    As a proud and long-standing member of the X-Men, Deadpool calls on his mutant brothers and sisters to aid him in battle.

Nothing happens.
  • I'm still on the side that Deapool Points will only be used during the event only. It's the only logical thing they would do as it's a PvE centered entirely around Deadpool. Those points, I believe, are used to buff up his abilities during PvE. We can stop speculating though as everyone will find out tomorrow.
    I suspect that Deadpool Points are an experiment to see if people will vary their rosters somewhat if Deadpool is powered up periodically. If it works out, we might see something like that implemented for other characters as well.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm just hoping that Whales, Whales, Whales will not FORCE you to use your DP points if you don't want to. If I happen to be fighting an easy team of goons or something, I don't want to ignore my purple ability just so I don't waste my DP.
  • orionpeace wrote:
    The PACman wrote:

Nothing specifically.

But he breaks the 4th wall so he would be aware that he is in a game and that whales are basically his patrons.

Fair enough, i thought i had missed some important aspect about him and whales.
    The breaking the fourth wall makes sense, thanks.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Favorite MPQ cover? Definitely!
    detail.jpg
  • DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    He ain't Deadpool (Modern)...
    He's Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool!)

EDIT: Also, dang that black looks like it could be good at 5. Anyone know how long it is?
  • Oh, man. His skill level up descriptions are so vague it's like he's trolling! icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2014
    [anchor=deadpool3]Deadpool (Modern)[/anchor]
    3 Star Rarity (Rare) Discussion link. Wiki link.
    At Max Level: HP: 6800 Tile Damage: 13/61/11/79/12/70/4.5
      A Little Off the Top - Red 6 AP ---Team Up Power---
      All these suckers are punching each other, when I go right too the source - their health bars! I'll slice the enemy's health bar with my sweet ninja-swords, dealing 25% of their current health in damage (max 400 damage).
      Level Upgrades
        Level 2: My katanas now cut of 30% of some schlub's health. Level 3: Level 4: Level 5: 65% of current health (up to 3786 at lvl 102)
      Max Level:
      Whales! Whales! Whales! - Purple 14 AP ---Team Up Power---
      You've gotta help me get rid of all these whales before they go bad! I'll hit the enemy team with a Beluga, dealing 493 damage, but if you spend your Deadpool Points (the Money with the Mouth) I'll hit them with every whale I've got. I'm practically giving these whales away.
      Level Upgrades
        Level 2: Na na na Narwhal Level 3: Level 4: Humpback Whale doing 3231 damage (lvl 102) Level 5: Sperm whale
      Max Level:
      Mutant Pin Cushion - Black Passive
      Everyone should be paying more attention to me. If a character with less health than me would take 274 or more damage, I'll hop into the spotlight, taking the attack. Don't worry, my awesome Healing Factor then places a Black Countdown tile that'll restore 148 health to me when it goes off.
      Level Upgrades
        Level 2: 178 healing (lvl 40) Level 3: Level 4: 968 healing tile (lvl 102) Level 5: 1399 healing tile (lvl 102)
      Max Level:
    • "You've gotta help me get rid of all these whales before they go bad"

Hope D3 isn't trying to send some kind of message...
    • simonsez
      simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
      Purple costs 14, no?