Finished tied for 25th pvp

Options
rawl316
rawl316 Posts: 114
edited July 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I finished tied for 25th in a pvp. It listed me as 26th. I sent a note to support along with a screenshot. Is there any chance I get the extra cover?

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Nope, tried this once for 10th. It looks like the first player reaching that score wins the place and the cover. Keep up, it'll work next time...
  • Unknown
    Options
    kelrov wrote:
    Nope, tried this once for 10th. It looks like the first player reaching that score wins the place and the cover. Keep up, it'll work next time...
    That's correct. The first player to reach the score is the one on top...even if you get the same score 1 second after the other player.
  • Deimos12
    Deimos12 Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Here's what I want to know with this though.
    If I'm in say 5th and I get attacked and knocked down to 10th with the exact same score as the person in 10th, does that mean they stay 10th and I go to 11th because they "had that score first"? Even though I surpassed that score so technically would have been at that point before them?
  • ProfessorGumby
    ProfessorGumby Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The one time this happened to me, I was told that the first "tie-breaker" is total number of wins in the event.
  • Unknown
    Options
    @Deimos: i would say yes. The other player could have also been knocked down from 4th icon_e_wink.gif
  • Deimos12
    Options
    I suppose that's where it would get sticky. Did they hit tenth and shield and have been sitting there? Or did they, like you, get knocked down? Too many variables to keep track of I would guess but it's always something I've wondered about with their "tie breaker" rule. I think they should just let them both finish tenth. I mean honestly is it going to break the game? It's a pretty rare occurrence that a tie happens on the exact rewards tier threshold. At least I think it would be.
  • Deimos12
    Options
    The one time this happened to me, I was told that the first "tie-breaker" is total number of wins in the event.

So you're saying there IS an advantage to fighting all those 2-3 point matches! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Mondo wrote:
    kelrov wrote:
    That's correct. The first player to reach the score is the one on top...even if you get the same score 1 second after the other player.

Which is odd because the rest of the time, it's the opposite. Any time I play my first fight in a new event, I end up as #1 or #2, let's say with 200 points. I'll check the scoreboard a minute or two later, and it'll fill up with other people, all with 200 points, and all above me. So in those cases, which is the majority of the event, the later you get the same score, the higher you are on the leaderboard. It's backwards from fairness, but that's how it is during an event. Until end scoring, suddenly it's proper.