From news and anouncements, they did it, they really did it

Options
Patch Notes - 7/30
by IceIX » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:15 pm

Gameplay

- Added Human Torch (Johnny Storm) to Standard and Heroic Comic Packs
- Removed Spider-Man (Bag-Man) from Standard and Heroic Comic Packs

The removal of Bag-Man is to balance current odds of characters in the packs so that the rarer characters do not lower in odds too much for every 1* or 2* added. We are not actually removing Spider-Man (Bag-Man) from the game in any other capacity. As well, he is still available as a drop from Versus battles.

Amazing there has not been a peep about this on the general board.

So who else would you like to see removed from token pulls?

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    By Heroic Comic Packs, does that also include Event Comic Packs?
  • Unknown
    Options
    As strange as this sounds, I am somewhat saddened by this news. Getting a bagman from a token always made me chuckle. My personal record was 4 bagmen in a 24-hour period.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I bet Bagman will be a required character for the Deadpool event and will be boosted by 380 levels.
  • FaerieMyst
    FaerieMyst Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I weep at the loss.

In my family we celebrate each and every Bagman pull. There is an announcement and cheers. Sometimes we even drop balloons.

D3 has stolen our happiness.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Krognar wrote:
    As strange as this sounds, I am somewhat saddened by this news. Getting a bagman from a token always made me chuckle. My personal record was 4 bagmen in a 24-hour period.

You want to know misery? How about the excitement you get when you finally hit the 5000 point mark in a Season with only 1 maxed 2* and a couple of underleveled 2* and get the 10 pack hoping to get something good. Then only to see Bagman's face appear 7 times.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Eh... Bags was the very last 2-star I completed. Long after I completed numerous 3-stars.

Yeah, he's one of the worst characters in the game, but to the completionist, good luck trying to obtain what is now one of the rarest cards in the game.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Eh... Bags was the very last 2-star I completed. Long after I completed numerous 3-stars.

Yeah, he's one of the worst characters in the game, but to the completionist, good luck trying to obtain what is now one of the rarest cards in the game.
    I'd venture to say that Nick Fury or Devil Dinosaur are the rarest in the game. icon_e_smile.gif

We're most definitely not pulling him completely though. Pulling him from the main tokens puts his odds in check but doesn't mean we can't offer him in other ways like through Versus rewards, Progression rewards, Event packs, etc.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Pulling him from the main tokens puts his odds in check but doesn't mean we can't offer him in other ways...

17n1khrqze072jpg.jpg
  • MunitionsFrenzy
    MunitionsFrenzy Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just goes to show, the devs could give us a 90% chance of getting 50 Hero Points from Standard tokens and people would complain that their chances of pulling rare cards from Standard tokens have gone down.
  • FaerieMyst
    FaerieMyst Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I told my daughters this news. The youngest wailed in despair. You have taken away her joy. Is there no end to the cruelty?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    FaerieMyst wrote:
    I told my daughters this news. The youngest wailed in despair. You have taken away her joy. Is there no end to the cruelty?
    Well, you can at least tell them that Bag-Man will be in the Deadpool Event. He has real lines of dialogue and everything!
  • Unknown
    Options
    What!? No more Spooderbag pulls to troll me at every turn when I get a reward? Time to riot. I'm angry at losing salt in the wounds. Now I've got unsalted wounds. This is a nerf to my wounds.

I'm going to go listen to Linkin Park now.
  • Unknown
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    FaerieMyst wrote:
    Well, you can at least tell them that Bag-Man will be in the Deadpool Event. He has real lines of dialogue and everything!

Cue the sound of the masses emergency dumping ISO into their level 15 Bagman...well played, IceIX. Well played.
  • john1620b
    john1620b Posts: 367
    Options
    My question is: why did they remove Bagman instead of balancing him? It seems like an implicit acknowledgement that he's a poorly designed character. I'd rather see his skills properly fixed than him removed from tokens.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I may be wrong, John, but I believe he's bad by design. He's a joke character - a mascot. He's there for the collectors, the completionists, and the fans.

Personally I love him, but I also fall into one of the above three categories.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:

I'd venture to say that Nick Fury or Devil Dinosaur are the rarest in the game. icon_e_smile.gif

We're most definitely not pulling him completely though. Pulling him from the main tokens puts his odds in check but doesn't mean we can't offer him in other ways like through Versus rewards, Progression rewards, Event packs, etc.

Will there be Bagman Bagman like Malkovich Malkovich?

I could see Bagman stepping out .... taking off the bag .... and it's Deadpool in disguise. Everyone with Bagman gets Deadpool with similar covers and levels. Something like that.
  • john1620b
    john1620b Posts: 367
    Options
    I may be wrong, John, but I believe he's bad by design. He's a joke character - a mascot. He's there for the collectors, the completionists, and the fans.

Personally I love him, but I also fall into one of the above three categories.
    I think the devs may accept his status in that position now, but I don't think that was their original intent. Otherwise, why give him semi-useful skills in the first place? If that was what they intended from the start, I would have expected three 30-AP cost skills, or something like that.

Given how unbalanced most of the characters are, I think they just designed him poorly -- and now they'd rather just remove him from tokens than make him a viable character. Just my opinion, but personally I'd much rather see him balanced than have a "joke" character around.
  • Unknown
    Options
    He is bad by design for sure. Look at the skill costs and the 'kick me' sign on his back icon_e_smile.gif