Cascades + Passives : Working as Intended?

Options
mohio
mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
So I've been using LDaken and Falcon a bunch to tear down seed teams and otherwise just have some fun in LRs. One thing that I've noticed though is that their passives sometimes go off at weird times when cascades happen. Let's say I make a move that initially matches green and yellow simultaneously (but green first obv). Pheromone Rage will go off immediately, but then tiles will drop and any matches will happen, THEN Inspiration will fire, then more tiles will fall and maybe make more matches again.

I'm sure people have noticed the same thing when playing the Daken mirror match in PvP. You get your Pheromone Rage immediately but cascades happen before the opponent gets theirs, which only matters if there are no additional open red tiles on the board and then more come from cascades so your opp gets the tiles after all.

Anyway, just seeing if this is just lazy programming or somehow what is intended to happen from these abilities stacking on top of each other.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Seems like some passive are checked immediately after the match and some are checked at the end of the cascade. Not sure what's the reasoning for doing that, but it does seem to be quite consistent.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Seems like some passive are checked immediately after the match and some are checked at the end of the cascade. Not sure what's the reasoning for doing that, but it does seem to be quite consistent.

It's weird, you'd think the ones that trigger intermediately would be the ones that trigger the mid-air crits, but OBW is one of the ones that trigger after the cascade ends