*** Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool!) ***

Comments

• NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Some information from IceIX from this thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13280#p194635
    Deadpool has 3 abilities (duh)
    A Little Off the Top (Red) - Deadpool whacks the enemies Health Bar and takes a certain percentage off the top up to a max amount of damage
    Whales! Whales! Whales! (Purple) - Deadpool utilizes the great destructive power of Whales (they pay a lot, ya know) to whack the enemy team. It also has a new mechanic that uses Deadpool Points which you can gain each day. When you collect a certain number of Deadpool Points, you can use a super powered version of the ability.
    Pin Cushion (Black PASSIVE) - Deadpool hates not being in the spotlight. If someone else with less health is attacked, he can jump out in front and take the damage (and the spotlight) instead, then drop a regen Countdown tile to heal up some of that incoming damage.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    So by less health, I guess were talking less than 6800. That's hood protection in my eyes. Wait, why did I type that?
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Not only Hood, oBW can now be twice as annoying, whoopee!
  • Pin cushion doesn't seem to specify whether it's current or max health (I guess current health is more likely). Also, I wonder what happens for characters with equal health, like Punisher
  • Is anyone else worried about these "deadpool points?" Seems like just another thing for the hackers to use to have a super powered deadpool every match. Seems overly complicated.
  • Bah...not sure I like those attacks...
    Punishers Red attack, a Defensive 'Sunder' that will be chained to death (or life depending on implementation), and a direct attack with blue (meh).

I hope the damage and % on all those is really high...
    - Unreall
  • Isay_Isay
    Isay_Isay Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    d2khades wrote:
    it would be great if they did something where his healing ability at level 6 was never take damage. that would be hilarious! lol icon_e_biggrin.gif

A Little Off the Top Level 6 - Immediately downs target if their health is below 100%
    Whales! Whales! Whales! Level 6 - Player is granted unlimited ISO and HP
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I give up, I have to ask: Can someone explain "whales" to me?
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    lP08uOE.jpg?1?5203
  • simonsez wrote:
    "Whale" is the term given in F2P games to the small minority of players who pay significantly more money than other spenders. It varies by game but it's often multiple orders of magnitude more than the average (think people with lifetime spends in the four or five figures).
  • sms4002 wrote:
    Is anyone else worried about these "deadpool points?" Seems like just another thing for the hackers to use to have a super powered deadpool every match. Seems overly complicated.

My concern is that these are married to a power that references Whales. The paranoid part of my brain is thinking that this means they will be obtainable only by purchase. The rational part of my brain is thinking that there is no way they would implement something that was just one rung below "Insert Coin to Win Game" on the P2W scale like that.

Unfortunately, experience tells me that the paranoid part is usually far more prophetic than the rational part.
  • In running scams, phishing is looking for a large number of people that you can steal a relatively small amount of money while whaling is looking for a small number of people that you can steal a relatively large amount of money. This parallels with the F2P business very well so big spenders in F2P are known as whales.
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    Tannen wrote:
    Deadpool Purple : Whales whales whales : Damage is based on the amount of HP you've bought. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Why? Cos Deadpool + 4th wall is hilarious.

From your mouth to the devs ears. icon_e_smile.gif

I am already going to be singing Whales Whales Whales, to the tune of Girls Girls girls by Motley Crue, every time I cast it.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    His red looks like an Anti Tank for early use. If this is based off of percentage of health taken this is going to be the 1st power used as it will do the most damage. If it is percent of health would level 5 be 40%? 50%?. If it is an AOE it might be 30-40%. At 30% that would be over 3000 in damage on a Sentry, or Hulk but only 2k on a Patch or Daken. I think this is the deffinate level 5 ability. I also want to know what these deadpool points are and his super ability is. Is this a once a week super nuke where he kills everyone on the board? Is it something that you have to boost with? I think the Dev's are really trying to do something different with Deadpool to make him playable as a lower level character. Once every other week your level 40 Deadpool kills a 3* 166 mega team with Whales!!!!
  • wymtime wrote:
    His red looks like an Anti Tank for early use. If this is based off of percentage of health taken this is going to be the 1st power used as it will do the most damage. If it is percent of health would level 5 be 40%? 50%?. If it is an AOE it might be 30-40%. At 30% that would be over 3000 in damage on a Sentry, or Hulk but only 2k on a Patch or Daken. I think this is the deffinate level 5 ability. I also want to know what these deadpool points are and his super ability is. Is this a once a week super nuke where he kills everyone on the board? Is it something that you have to boost with? I think the Dev's are really trying to do something different with Deadpool to make him playable as a lower level character. Once every other week your level 40 Deadpool kills a 3* 166 mega team with Whales!!!!

Here's a random thought that just conjured in my head after looking at the Punisher in Colognoisseur's signature: What if "A Little Off the Top" was an inverse Retribution? In other words, casting this skill takes off the first x% of life of an opponent, similar to how Punisher's Retribution takes off the last x% of an opponent's life.

Example: Reduce the opponent's life to 60% of maximum. If not possible, then deal 1500 damage. (The mirror opposite of Punisher's Retribution at 5 Red)

That would make a lot of sense given the teaser description and the name of the ability.
  • ApocryphicV
    ApocryphicV Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
  • locked wrote:
    Not only Hood, oBW can now be twice as annoying, whoopee!

There's a whole list of characters that become much more annoying/deadly as a result. Storm springs to mind, bullseye more on the annoyance factor
  • I can imagine the points for WWW are only obtainable by spending HP. icon_cool.gif

And the healing in Pin Cushion would be Fake Healing TM. icon_cool.gif
  • Tannen wrote:
    Deadpool Purple : Whales whales whales : Damage is based on the amount of HP you've bought. icon_e_biggrin.gif

That would actually work.

Change this to "amount of HP you have" and it would be a workable power even for the freemium players. The "Whales" get damage boosts, but the free player can still do 1-2 thousand damage with it, assuming they aren't spending down to 0 on roster slots. You can just keep a Deadpool bank of HP for the damage and not spend below say 1,500.

Leveling the power could add a multiplier to the damage. Level 1 = HP, Level 2 20% boost, Level 3 30%, level 4 40%, level 5 50%.
  • Lerysh wrote:
    Tannen wrote:

That would actually work.

Change this to "amount of HP you have" and it would be a workable power even for the freemium players. The "Whales" get damage boosts, but the free player can still do 1-2 thousand damage with it, assuming they aren't spending down to 0 on roster slots. You can just keep a Deadpool bank of HP for the damage and not spend below say 1,500.

Leveling the power could add a multiplier to the damage. Level 1 = HP, Level 2 20% boost, Level 3 30%, level 4 40%, level 5 50%.

Or you guys can actually look into the other Deadpool post where IceX explained the power.

We're getting a 3rd currency called Deadpool Points. It's something we are going to actually get passively every day. When we hit a specific amount of DP & we use Whales, we use the DP to do extra damage. I expect the ranks of Whales will lower the required DP for the extra damage.