Retalaiation timing - too perfect?

Options
So, I was grinding pretty hard yesterday in Starfall.

Has anyone noticed that some people seem to have "perfect retaliation" moments? I mean, the moment your shields go down, BOOM! They are hitting you?

I know with alliances, it could theoretically be timed - shields dropped, hit him now! But that would only relate to those who can see you. Obviously, if you are in the top 10, everyone can...

So here's what happened. I caught a few people Shield Hopping for good points. My day was hectic. Put up an 8 hour shield - no retaliation hits, just a few random shield bounces. Something like 6 hours and 42 minutes goes by... Try for a shield hop and bang! 4 retaliation hits! The timing was "too perfect". I don't recall who they were or what alliance exactly - but I am curious to know if anyone else noticed something similar.

The moment my shields went down, with a Fully Boosted team, a great 5 match green start, a ridiculous cascade and a fight that lasted no more than 1 minute. Those 4 people had time to retaliate. Not 1 or 5 minutes later. Precisely the moment my shields went down. This occurred a few times. I remember, because I was looking at the names of those high point nodes I was hitting, in case they would come back up later.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Tonzil wrote:

Has anyone noticed that some people seem to have "perfect retaliation" moments? I mean, the moment your shields go down, BOOM! They are hitting you?

I know with alliances, it could theoretically be timed - shields dropped, hit him now! But that would only relate to those who can see you. Obviously, if you are in the top 10, everyone can...

So here's what happened. I caught a few people Shield Hopping for good points. My day was hectic. Put up an 8 hour shield - no retaliation hits, just a few random shield bounces. Something like 6 hours and 42 minutes goes by... Try for a shield hop and bang! 4 retaliation hits! The timing was "too perfect". I don't recall who they were or what alliance exactly - but I am curious to know if anyone else noticed something similar.

The moment my shields went down, with a Fully Boosted team, a great 5 match green start, a ridiculous cascade and a fight that lasted no more than 1 minute. Those 4 people had time to retaliate. Not 1 or 5 minutes later. Precisely the moment my shields went down. This occurred a few times. I remember, because I was looking at the names of those high point nodes I was hitting, in case they would come back up later.

Out of curiosity which alliances tend do you see this the most with?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Tonzil wrote:

I don't recall well enough to point out a single alliance or individual. I am going to be looking at this more closely in the future, moving forward.

Similar experience?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Tonzil wrote:
    Tonzil wrote:

I don't recall well enough to point out a single alliance or individual. I am going to be looking at this more closely in the future, moving forward.

Similar experience?

Yes, very similar.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I would normally say this is just coincidence, but I noticed the same thing in that event. Twice I dropped shields to gain some points, and both times I was hit within 2 minutes. I still think it was probably just people who had me qued for 3 hours attacking right before I unshielded, but it still seemed odd for it to happen twice in a row.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    It's coincidence. I was hit two minutes BEFORE I planned to start the PvP again while grinding the PvE.

It's almost always a retaliation.
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    For me it was not a coincidence that I was hit by several members in the Ten Rings Alliance when I threatened the #1 position occupied by a Ten Rings member ( don't remember the person, just the Alliance ). At least I got what I wanted from the tourney, namely the 1100 Yellow Sentry progression. I was just pushing for points. Within those two minutes I was hit by six people, including the person in the #1 spot who had just shielded, and who I had not hit at all. I fact that person showed in my nodes previously, and I skipped him since it looked like he was pushing at the time.

So that person dropped his shields specifically to hit me, along with his Alliance mates. The ones that really hurt were ones that came from below 800 since that nabbed -35 etc off my score. I was still able to win a bunch to keep #4 until the end, so no biggie. Hits continued for a bit after that shield hop too, so if being shielded takes you out of appearing in future fight queues of people, a bunch of people had to have me queued up, and it was a variable number on how many finished their fights.

Now I don't mind too much, since I got what I came for (Yellow cover for Sentry). The Green for IW would have been nice so I could finish her off. It IS basically what a good Alliance can do for ppl, provide coordinated backup. Just goes to show what can happen. Hey, at least they let me hit the 1100 for the cover before the beatings commenced. icon_mrgreen.gif