D3 Please include Eddie Brock Venom!

Options
I would like to request my all time favorite character in the Marvel Universe please... The original version of Venom!

I have been playing for quite a long time now and althought gargan was the one involved in dark reign rather than Eddie's version, I would like to see maybe a legendary or "rare" version of the character in his original form.

Not just any iteration art-wise either, it cannot be inspired from the **** "the hunger" series where he was this big hulking mass with the "clawed foot" look. Please draw your inspiration from the first appearance of carnage in ASM. Bagley drew both Venom Spidey and Carnage so perfectly it is unfortunate he is no longer working on the main book. Another great venom depiction was from ASM 333 with Styx and Stone and a few other books. I believe the artists name was Erik Larsen... His Venom was the whole reason as a kid I became a venom fan to begin with. McFarlane created venom but those 2 artists really brought out the ferociousness and nastiness of this character far better than anyone.

As far as powers they would be web/tendril oriented, maybe red tiles can be used for a heavy attack of some sort. This version of venom didn't conform his suit to make weapons he was more brute force. So something in the same vein as hulk but if you guys can add a symbiotic flavor to it then awesome! If I have some ideas to some attacks in the near future I will post below.

Also, I would love him to be 3 stars or 4

TL DR: please add venom I am a huge fan of this game it would complete everything for me... I have yet to spend a dime however, but I will spend for this. Thanks!

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    It'd be nice to have webs usable again
    venom_returns_super.jpg
  • Unknown
    Options
    3 star venom would be badass! Come on D3! Make it happen!!!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Pseudo hero venom is a lot more interesting of a character than eat people venom, I agree. I was also a little bummed, as a big venom fan, that he is so useless in this game. A usable one would be sweet.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I played 1* Venom a lot when all my characters were around lvl 40. He and Ares were great pals. But alas, Ares (and most of the rest) grew way beyond him. icon_e_smile.gif

I, too, would like a 3* Venom. Even a lazy Venom would be nice, but an entirely new version would be cooler, of course.

And while we're at it... Green Goblin too, please? icon_twisted.gif
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    To be honest, depending which direction they want to go and if Marvel has any sway, we may see a 3* Flash Thompson Venom if we do gain a new one.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Last thing I'd want to see is flash venom. Great personal story, had the entire series, but further ruined a lot of venom's continuity.. which is something marvel has been awesome at doing lately. Being that he was a hero, he was much weaker than the venom of old. It was sad to see him run away from poison spears vs "kraven".