I see you ICEIX. answering a few questions?

Seen u lurking for a bit. Not much talking. Im bored so figured I'd try get u commenting. Didn't know if u were up for a Q&A or not.

Here's my questions.

Any chance of shining some light on dead pools move set?
When is the next wave of balancing gonna hit us?
Any comments on how team up anilities will work?

Thanks as usual!

Edit: actually I guess ur talking in the R58 thread but I still find it easier and more useful when u just make a Q&A thread. Haha

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,310 Site Admin
    Heh, no problems.

Yeah, been answering questions over in the Upcoming Patch Notes thread.

- Deadpool has 3 abilities (duh)
    A Little Off the Top (Red) - Deadpool whacks the enemies Health Bar and takes a certain percentage off the top up to a max amount of damage
    Whales! Whales! Whales! (Purple) - Deadpool utilizes the great destructive power of Whales (they pay a lot, ya know) to whack the enemy team. It also has a new mechanic that uses Deadpool Points which you can gain each day. When you collect a certain number of Deadpool Points, you can use a super powered version of the ability.
    Pin Cushion (Black PASSIVE) - Deadpool hates not being in the spotlight. If someone else with less health is attacked, he can jump out in front and take the damage (and the spotlight) instead, then drop a regen Countdown tile to heal up some of that incoming damage.

- Hawkeye Modern is next on the list, he's looking to become less random in his shots fired and getting a huge revision to Avoid to stop it from being a negative when you actively want to spread damage.
    - See viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13231&start=80#p194566 on to the end of the thread
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    IceIX wrote:
    Whales! Whales! Whales! (Purple) - Deadpool utilizes the great destructive power of Whales (they pay a lot, ya know) to whack the enemy team. It also has a new mechanic that uses Deadpool Points which you can gain each day. When you collect a certain number of Deadpool Points, you can use a super powered version of the ability.
    Thanks for naming an ability after us.
    Although I am going to be singing whales, Whales Whales to the tune of Motley Crues Girls Girls Girls for awhile.
  • i assume that with the change enviroment abilitys will be gone?
    but what happens when you dont have a TU ability equiped is the ap wasted??
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,310 Site Admin
    coolbond wrote:
    i assume that with the change enviroment abilitys will be gone?
    Correct, Environment abilities go away. We may bring things like Oasis and the like back in another form later on though.
    If you don't have a TU ability equipped the AP does go to waste, yes. But the same could be said when you don't have a Purple ability equipped and you match Purple.
  • Fen the whuck, aside from "not yet," are you going to offer Fury as a top prize?
  • IceIX wrote:
    coolbond wrote:
    Correct, Environment abilities go away. We may bring things like Oasis and the like back in another form later on though.
    If you don't have a TU ability equipped the AP does go to waste, yes. But the same could be said when you don't have a Purple ability equipped and you match Purple.

You've got to bring Oasis back, if only for that awesome sound.

The splash sound, not that **** band from the 90s. Those guys sucked.
  • avs962
    avs962 Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    j12601 wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    coolbond wrote:

Hey man, can't hate on the Gallagher brothers! They already hate each other enough!
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    coolbond wrote:
    And I was right. Time to clear a space and put my dancing shoes on.
  • — IW season reward would be single or we get all three her cover?

— Do you planning add her to Daily Rewards like X-Force?

— Do you planning reduce maximum levels of PVE enemies after Red Magneto nerf?

Thanks.
  • j12601 wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    coolbond wrote:

I'm feeling supersonic, give me gin and tonic, you could have it all but why would you want it?
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,488 Chairperson of the Boards
    j12601 wrote:

Heh. Before one of the patches, on my tablet the Oasis sound was "pause, burst of static, pause, burst of static." It was very strange. After the patch (I think it was 2-3 patches ago,) it sounded like splashing water and I was like "oooooooh!"
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald wrote:
    j12601 wrote:

Heh. Before one of the patches, on my tablet the Oasis sound was "pause, burst of static, pause, burst of static." It was very strange. After the patch (I think it was 2-3 patches ago,) it sounded like splashing water and I was like "oooooooh!"
    Wait, this game has sound? icon_lol.gif
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    Honest question Ice,

Do the devs, and basically everyone involved in decision making on staff, actually play this game and compete?

I hate to bring a sour note here but it honestly feels like the changes are made from people who don't actually play the game, hence all the nerfs or "rebalancing". Is any testing done before hand or are all new character abilities only on paper before production?
  • Honest question Ice,

do you hate America?
  • Rockabilly Zombie
    Rockabilly Zombie Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Anything being done about losing 100+ points while in a pvp match?
  • Anything being done about losing 100+ points while in a pvp match?

What solution would you suggest for stopping other players attacking you, sunshine?
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    dearbluey wrote:
    Anything being done about losing 100+ points while in a pvp match?

What solution would you suggest for stopping other players attacking you, sunshine?
    tweaking the heat seeking MM?
  • mjh
    dearbluey wrote:

How about capping the amount of times a player can be attacked per...oh I dunno, let's start with per minute and see where that goes.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    dearbluey wrote:

How about capping the amount of times a player can be attacked per...oh I dunno, let's start with per minute and see where that goes.
    That's probably unfeasible with how queuing works, but maybe they could implement something similar on the server-side by implementing some sort of diminishing returns on point losses after a certain point, or using mini-shields if you get hit X times in Y minutes
  • mjh
    Spoit wrote:
    That's probably unfeasible with how queuing works, but maybe they could implement something similar on the server-side by implementing some sort of diminishing returns on point losses after a certain point, or using mini-shields if you get hit X times in Y minutes

Now we're talking. I just threw an idea out that could be built upon and it's already seeming more viable. We already see point returns being different than what they were going in, this would be a good start to coming out of a single match and losing 100+ points because you were attacked 6 times