Frequently Asked Questions

Comments

• anyway to change a pvp name in this game?
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    cwingert wrote:
    Quick alliance question. Is there a way for the alliance leader to remove the commander option from a player that they accidentally made into a commander? And if so, how? Thanks.
    locked wrote:
    Not yet, but you can ask support to help. Commanders can't be removed probably because they are usually people who invested HP in an alliance so it's some form of protection.
    cwingert wrote:
    That's unfortunate. Especially if it is a person who no longer plays and is just taking up a space in the alliance

Thanks anyways.

That is the advantage to having an alliance that does not require each member to buy the next slot. Sure you can grow faster, but if in a few months most of your alliance has gone inactive, the only option is to leave yourself. Long term viability vs. short term growth.

I suppose with the alliance chat option, you could ask your alliance mates to leave themselves if they know they are going to stop playing...but that puts more faith in humanity then it generally deserves.
  • ewong915 wrote:
    anyway to change a pvp name in this game?
    You could try asking support but I wouldn't count on it.
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    I suppose with the alliance chat option, you could ask your alliance mates to leave themselves if they know they are going to stop playing...but that puts more faith in humanity then it generally deserves.
    I think this is worth a try. Most of the players I've seen are adults, so if you asked they might leave themselves considering once someone is kicked they cannot rejoin later if they ever decide to be active again and come back to the game. If there is an inactive commander though, that is bad. There needs to be a solution for that.
  • How soon after an event ends are results usually available? It's been over 30 min after Hollowpoint Kiss ended and nothing yet.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Sometimes up to 2 hours. Especially alliance rewards. Individual rewards *usually* arrive within half an hour.
  • Scalphunter
    Scalphunter Posts: 95
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    In the forums here? Look to the right of the text box. There should be a button marked "PM" above a little silhouette of a person. Or go into your messages and type in the name of who you want to contact/respond to.

I do not get to see a silhouette of a person and when I go into messages I receive a message: "We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more to be able to use this feature."

Does this mean I need to post to be able to PM? And if so, how many posts to be able to PM?

Thanks for any info/help.

Edit: On today and now get the button marked PM, not sure if due to update or....?
  • It's due to you having posted this very message icon_e_smile.gif Welcome!
  • Pwuz_
    KevinMark wrote:
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    I think this is worth a try. Most of the players I've seen are adults, so if you asked they might leave themselves considering once someone is kicked they cannot rejoin later if they ever decide to be active again and come back to the game. If there is an inactive commander though, that is bad. There needs to be a solution for that.

The reason I'm so skeptical isn't because the players aren't reasonable...more that if they have gone inactive, they likely have moved on to a new game and no longer read the chat log. Perhaps if you talk with players while they are still active, and make the request that "if you plan to stop playing, please leave our alliance so we as a team might still continue to be competitive."

That doesn't help much though if they changed phones or something while not having their game backed up to Facebook. Sure they can beg and plead with support, but that sounds like a lot of work if you already stopped caring about the game.
  • Quick question, If I don't have a Facebook account is there any other way to back up my account?
  • Pwuz_
    Quick question, If I don't have a Facebook account is there any other way to back up my account?

Pray to the gods of D3. Seriously, from what I've heard it is possible for the admins to recover a lost account without Facebook, but apparently it takes FOREVER! One of the members of my alliance had been unable to play when he lost his phone for about 3 or 4 days.

I'd recommend making a dummy Facebook account for your cat or pet rock or something to link to it if you are really concerned or are expecting to change devices in the near future.
  • I got a new phone and am trying to recover my account (which was previously linked to Facebook ) but the only option I have when I start the game for the first time is "Save Backup Using Facebook" which sounds like it would override my previous Facebook save. How do I load from Facebook?
  • Pwuz_
    Pretty sure that as long as you use the same Facebook account, the game recognizes it.
  • Yes, i had the same problem but trying to link my new device to Facebook the game restored my account
  • Can you confirm that the team everyone sees in a PVP versus event is the team that won last in that particular event?
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Those you attacked see the team you attacked them with, everyone else sees the team you last won with in that particular event.

Sometimes people get your 'old' teams in nodes though if you change teams often, as the game queues people in batches and doesn't update the data for a while, including actual player points.
  • Hi Moderators, when is the soonest time I can start replying/composing my Personal Messages??
    I am still inactivated, and I have been unable to reply to all those who PM.

Many thanks in advance!
  • Is it possible to change how a character is built up after you max their covers? For instance, if you get MStorm to 5/5/3, and then get a fourth black cover, would you be able to train her in the fourth black cover and remove one of the 5 covers?
  • Is it possible to change how a character is built up after you max their covers? For instance, if you get MStorm to 5/5/3, and then get a fourth black cover, would you be able to train her in the fourth black cover and remove one of the 5 covers?

Yes.
  • Garwalker wrote:
    Can you confirm that the team everyone sees in a PVP versus event is the team that won last in that particular event?

Confirmed. The last team that you won a fight with in that event is the team that will show up if anyone receives you as a target after that fight. People who are retaliating for you attacking them or people who already had you as one of their nodes will see the team that you attacked them with and the team you had last won with when they acquired you as a target.

Edit: Sorry, didn't see previous answer to the question.
  • If someone answered this and I missed it I apologize;

I have an ipad air and an android smart phone and when I am home I want to play on my ipad because the screen is bigger but on break at work I want to use my android phone. Is this possible? I want to use one account and I wouldnt be playing the game on both devices at the same time. Can I do this or will it erase the game? :/