Is this how the Mageneto balance will go?

Options
yogi_
yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
It just came to me and would partly explain why it's taking so long.

So, all lazy characters are copies of each other - they were/are one day going to increase the cost of ModStorm Red to her 3* counterpart (9AP), they reverse engineered Torch to a 2* (so essentially the same) and they are about to add a 3rd skill to 2* Daken to essentially make them both the same skills (which was unexpected, as we were told adding third skills was a low priority). This duplication make it far easier to future manage and balance.

What if they are rebuilding BOTH Magnetos to be similar, using a combination of their current skills? So essentially a nerf to 3* and a boost to 2*, which solves both of their problems - long awaited nerf and increased usage of 2* character. It was suggested / likely that 3* was a big piece of work.

Hawkeye could go something similar, though hard to see them doing anything with a 1* character, but again, a reworking of one or both to be more similar. I think there is a miniscule chance of 2* Hawkeye becoming a 3* but know it is not likely.

Next up, 2* Black Widow gets a replacement Blue stun???

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Not quite sure how the leap was made from lazies to non-lazies there, but I can't see them making 2 star Magneto more powerful when he's already one of the most heavily used 2 stars.
  • Unknown
    Options
    2* Magneto was nerfed on the same day that Spider-Man was nerfed.

He became useless in PVE without a single change to his character.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    MMN is still good with cStorm and Cap, but yeah, wouldn't call him a heavily used character.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Not quite sure how the leap was made from lazies to non-lazies there, but I can't see them making 2 star Magneto more powerful when he's already one of the most heavily used 2 stars.

Same difference between two characters that essentially have identical skillsets, but just different star ranking.

Also, I am not suggesting 2* Mags would become much more powerful, but perhaps a tweak or rework of his skills to make him more broadly of use (as opposed to really only his purple being quite good now).
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I saw a suggestion that maybe CMags blue would be changed to create Purple def. tiles. This way you couldn't simply take an eternal turn, but his Blue ability could be used to generate purple AP in a way that juxtaposes using MNMags' Purple ability to generate Blue AP.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ghast wrote:

Except for 2* teams using C. Storm.

The fact that there was really no other blue ability worth fueling with MN Mags' ability other than Spidey's stun and C.Storm's Wind Storm says a great deal about how weak blue is compared to most colours. I wonder if anyone will ever run MN Mags with Nick Fury for giggles.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm glad the Magnetos are quite different from each other. Lazifying existing chars? No, thanks. Don't do it, Demiurge.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I think we're going to see that with Hawkeye (I'm guessing Hawkeye will be the next Lazy character, and he'll probably be based on the reworked 2*). I doubt we'll see it with MN Mags, just because he's used plenty as is. I think it's more likely we'll see the nerfed Mags based on the 2* one, but I doubt they'll do anything to the 2* one.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Zhirrzh wrote:
    Ghast wrote:

The fact that there was really no other blue ability worth fueling with MN Mags' ability other than Spidey's stun and C.Storm's Wind Storm says a great deal about how weak blue is compared to most colours. I wonder if anyone will ever run MN Mags with Nick Fury for giggles.
    I'm so doing that now - right now in fact, Be right back!

It worked surprisingly well. My 1/1/1 Fury, 5/5/3 MN Mags and 5/3/2 Hulk busted up a Thor/OBW/CStorm team without too much trouble (apart from one CoTS) - and it was traps for days icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Zhirrzh wrote:

Has anybody tried Mags with IM35? I sold my IM before True Healing, but have been curious if they would be a C (or D) team for those of us in 2 star land
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    papa07 wrote:
    Zhirrzh wrote:

Has anybody tried Mags with IM35? I sold my IM before True Healing, but have been curious if they would be a C (or D) team for those of us in 2 star land
    I haven't tried but I can't imagine he's worth using unless you're really desperate. Mags own blue is probably a much better option.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:
    I saw a suggestion that maybe CMags blue would be changed to create Purple def. tiles. This way you couldn't simply take an eternal turn, but his Blue ability could be used to generate purple AP in a way that juxtaposes using MNMags' Purple ability to generate Blue AP.

I think is how C.Mags was originally suppose to work. His blue was pure defensive skill that put blue on the board to help your Purple/Ultimate by allowing more damage. This was especially true when Mags Purple was broken in that it only counted the number of blue switches. So if you had 8 blue but 2 red you still got counted as having 8 switches.
  • Unknown
    Options
    The problem with nerfing C. Magneto is that he is waaay too much awesome of a char and a lot of people have magneto centric teams ....
    I think people will leave more than spidey nerf that is why they are holding ... My main team is patch + c mag and i will probably stop if they nerf him to oblivion