Paying to re-roll a useless cover

Options
So i am most likely going to receive my 7th blue BP cover at the end of the current pvp from alliance reward. Going to sell it of course, i just wish that there was some other option. So i was thinking how much in HP would i be willing to spend to re-roll a token if i was guaranteed to keep the rarity of the original pull and the original card was taken out of the possibility pool. i figure no more than 100HP for a gold, 50HP for a silver, and 25HP for a 1 star? I doubt that something like tis would be implemented, but i think that it would work out great for people across the board regardless of how long you have been playing the game. i think that D3 severely over-values the cost of a single cover, this would be a good way to have a meaningful small purchase that also keeps the whole "people like the excitement of random pulls" mess that they keep saying their metrics show. why not give people the chance to "spin again" so to speak.

how much would you pay for the variable rarities, and do you think that this would be a good value "purchase"?

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    If a specific 3* cover costs 1250 hp, and you can reroll draws for 100 hp, and there are 64 different covers, that would mean if you rerolled 12 times (roughly the same hp as buying the specific cover you need) you've got a, what, just under 18% chance of getting the cover? I'm at the bar right now doing napkin math, but it seems to me that this suggestion is entirely profitable for Demiurge. I see no reason they shouldn't do it.

Someone should double check my maffs.
  • Unknown
    Options
    i mean, it wouldn't be very useful if you needed a very specific cover (other than thinning the available pool some). It would at least help people who only have a few covers maxed. i would have paid to re-roll my panther covers. i feel like that would be an ideal price point that most people would at least think about paying when they get all of those covers that they don't need once they start maxing out characters but still win pvps for those characters.

no good at maths myself, but i may have a guy lol.
  • Unknown
    Options
    pallmall wrote:
    i mean, it wouldn't be very useful if you needed a very specific cover (other than thinning the available pool some). It would at least help people who only have a few covers maxed. i would have paid to re-roll my panther covers. i feel like that would be an ideal price point that most people would at least think about paying when they get all of those covers that they don't need once they start maxing out characters but still win pvps for those characters.

no good at maths myself, but i may have a guy lol.

With a suggestion like this, if the price point and value of gambling for a specific cover is LOWER than buying it, it'd make no player in their right mind ever pay for a specific cover. If gambling for a specific cover means it would cost five to six times as much as flat out buying it, it's good for Demiurge. Gambling might help trade a cover you don't need for one slightly more useful, but can't replace buying the ones you specifically need, so it seems to me like a decent move.

Edits: I'm drinking. I fix teh errorz ok???