AI cascades increased?

Options
2»

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    I didn't notice much cascade changes, but then again, I can barely play since TH.

Also, when the enemy scores a major cascade it has now a much more prominent effect because it means automatic Health pack usage at the end of the round, so you might be just more aware of cascades now.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    farlus wrote:
    9e6ddd41-884e-4e33-94f5-809d64ec5174_zpsb6e6ddee.png
    2afffe30-7f62-4144-99a4-79d176d26e3d_zps407e3fbd.jpg
  • Unknown
    Options
    Well,

according to the vets and IceX... I just have some really **** luck for 5 days now. I have been getting **** by AI cascades.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Not sure what this proves, small sample size and all, but I charted cascades of 20 or more AP through my first 25 games today. I realized after the fact that 5 games were against goon squads with no matching abilities, so results should be in my favor.

Opponents had 7 cascades totaling 30, 46, 31, 48, 24, 38, and 38 ap with 4 of them being in the first 2 turns.
    I had 5 cascades totaling 26, 48, 25, 54, and 24 with 3 of mine in the first 2 turns.

My opinions
    - Tile drop is not random - way too many massive cascades for randomness.
    - Tile drop is likely in favor of computer, but they do need some advantage.
    - More likely to happen early due to fresh board. 2 of the other 5 happened after a board shakeup.
    - I think this is business as usual, just more noticeable in post-TH land
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've also seen more weird cascades lately.

AI makes a red match, which drops down a red match, which drops down a red match, which drops down a red match, which drops down a red match. On turn two, Iron Man uses Unibeam.

One solution -- If the AI has 10+ AP on turn 1, or 20+ AP on turn 2, or 30+AP on turn 3, a new button should appear -- Double Points.

Double Points -- if ignored, you'll just get double points at the end of the match.
    If clicked, you're given the option to withdraw at no penalty, except for damage already taken. Boosts are lost, if any.
  • Hissori
    Hissori Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Definitely changed in my opinion. Even had one instance where after making my first green match with 166 hulk the air started a cascade generating so much ap that the cascade did 6k damage the first move. Hulk then did his black feed back anchor lots of green ap but not enough to take out a character. On the ai's 2nd move they had so much ap, they devastated hulk and Max rags dead. after they were done nuking me with specials, their next ending match created the final cascade which took out my final panther. So I had 2 moves the whole game and the ai destroyed all 3 of my high health characters before hulk could even feedback a 2 nd time.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I've also seen more weird cascades lately.

AI makes a red match, which drops down a red match, which drops down a red match, which drops down a red match, which drops down a red match. On turn two, Iron Man uses Unibeam.

One solution -- If the AI has 10+ AP on turn 1, or 20+ AP on turn 2, or 30+AP on turn 3, a new button should appear -- Double Points.

Double Points -- if ignored, you'll just get double points at the end of the match.
    If clicked, you're given the option to withdraw at no penalty, except for damage already taken. Boosts are lost, if any.

Perhaps only tiles on board at the start of turn provide AP. Newly appearing tiles do something else, or nothing at all.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Definitely changed in my opinion too. But I will say that the cascades works both ways. I've had an increase in cascades maybe not quite as dramatic as the AI gets for itself but still enough to use powers and defeat the opponent.
  • Unknown
    Options
    In back to back games, computer got 72 ap first turn (and dropped Rags' Green turns 2,3,4,5 and 6) and the next game I started with 69 ap on first turn. There is no random but at least it works both ways.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I think the contention is that the AI cheats... by looking 'ahead' in the RNG sequence....

I know it feels like it for me... I've seen continual AI screws... lately. Even right now... PvE... AI cascade killed a nearly full health level 120 psylocke.. then proceeded to also kill GSBW. Leaving only the boosted thor. (who eventually lost when yellow failed to produce the 1 green needed!).

But then again... it could just be perception bias. But even that is relevant. If a cascade screws the player so he can't play... he'll remember it. And it makes him less likely to pick the game up again. You can say... it's just bad luck... but the healing nerf makes it so you can't just retreat... patch things up and take another stab.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I haven't noticed any increase in AI massive cascades. Granted they still happen to me but I also get my fair share of them in return. Still frustrating as hell tho, resulting in phone hurtling through the air and sundered my mother-in-law... Thank God at least she doesn't have true healing.
  • Unknown
    Options
    This is primarily way I am now a very casual player....the amount of cascades I was encountering in a match was bonkers! every other change in the game I could work around but the frustration felt with cascade issues was the last straw!!
  • Unknown
    Options
    6pnwxv.jpg

Sigh. Lucky for me, most of those tiles weren't usable by the AI, but this is still happening way too much.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I have seen absolutely no change. AI gets an occasional average-sized cascade, very rarely, just like I do. Massive ones? Almost never for either of us.

I find it pretty hard to believe that the AI is "cheating" by knowing all the tiles ahead of time too when you're talking about an AI that regularly does mind-numbingly stupid things like ignoring all critical matches just to make 4-matches and completely ignoring countdown tiles that are about to kill it.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What will it take to kill this thread?
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:
    What will it take to kill this thread?

It doesn't matter, as soon as it drops out of the first page, someone else will open a new one. Just like the "When is the C.Mags nerf happening?" threads.

Honestly, I was thinking of logging how many times either the AI or I get more than 3AP per move. But then it would probably be dismissed as reflecting my play style.
  • Unknown
    Options
    or as you or the AI using someone like OBW with an ability like Espionage.