How much do you spend on the game?

Options
2»

Comments

• kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MPQ won't be listed as "FREE" in Europe sometime in September, in Google Play. Not sure about Apple App Store
  • Unknown
    Options
    kensterr wrote:
    MPQ won't be listed as "FREE" in Europe sometime in September, in Google Play. Not sure about Apple App Store

how did you figure?
  • Unknown
    Options
    laoahpeh wrote:
    kensterr wrote:
    how did you figure?
    I know there was a case involving Dungeon Keeper and they found it didn't qualify to be called free to play, so they can't market it as such any more. In the UK I think. Didn't know that had extended to any other games yet though. I could probably Google it and find out more since I don't remember the details, but I'm lazy. Someone else can be Captain Internet. icon_razz.gif
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    http://mashable.com/2014/07/18/google-f ... -not-free/
    And as such D3P wouldn't be able to advertise the game as free in EU as well, if EU wants to flex their muscles a bit more.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have spend quite a lot on this game (too ashamed to tell), in my first 2 months of the game. Besides using it for roster, I also purchased a lot of cover packs. Those were the days which covers packs gave you guaranteed heroes (either 100% 3* or only 1 type of hero). I also spend on some covers, like publisher green and Lcap blue.

But in the last 2 months, I haven't spend on any thing beside shields. It has become self sustaining, because for certain pvp, I actually earn HP (and still get within top 10 to 25). And the HP I earned is only from pvp (since I'm from banes) ; I assume other players will earn more hp from pve.
    Thugpatrol wrote:
    So what can an established player buy in MPQ? Assuming you've got an established roster, tokens are a very bad value. You're better off buying individual covers. But if you're at the point where you only need a few covers you're also probably making enough HP to be able to afford a cover here and there to top off a character, so no reason to spend actual money on that either. Likewise the occasional roster spot for a new character, your game earnings easily pay for that as well. Someone might drop some money to buy slots for a new alliance, but that's a one time cost. Not sustainable income for a game. The only other things to spend money on are lots of shields and boosts, but if the prizes are Iso, HP and covers that you can also buy there isn't much point to that either unless you're part of the high score club, which personally doesn't appeal.

The TL;DR version is that the problem here is that the powers-that-be don't really seem to want my money. At least not enough to work for it. They seem much happier to mess with the game in various ways to try and squeeze money out of these other avenues, mostly from new players, none of which are of interest to someone in my position, rather than add anything to the game that vets might actually want to spend money on.

I agree with thug. There's no end game content in this game. Someone mentioned raid, and that may be something that will extend the game for players with established 3* roster.

I enjoy the game because I can slot the game into my life schedule (since I don't grind pve anymore). It is a fun game and I hope D3 continue to develop it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    3 months ago I spent 20 usd .... and 6 when I startet ... grand total 26 ...
    The only thing that makes me drop hp is actually slots ... I never ever every buy tokens, packs or health pack
    From the 2900 I got 3 months ago I still have around 1560, still hope they stop this endless quest of releasing new chars ...