What is Token Rerolling?

Options
I've come across the term token rerolling several times on the forum but never with a complete explanation of what it is or how it's done. Is it something you need to install some cheat hack in order to do, because if so then I'd still like an explanation but that's not something I'd want to do.

Comments

• Cragger
    Cragger Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It is an exploit, and you are on the official forum for the game. I suggest you explore this topic through a different medium.
  • Unknown
    Options
    "Can someone give me step by step instructions to cheat? I won't use them, I'm just curious how it's done"
  • Unknown
    Options
    It's just for research purposes!
  • Neuromancer
    Neuromancer Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    People actually have provided instructions for this on these very forums. You may want to do a search for it, as I don't recall where I saw them, but it was just last week I was staring at them. It all struck me as a lot of work for very little payoff, and possibly getting sand-boxed if D3 coded a way of detecting this practice.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    PM Microtom, but it indeed looks every bit as boring as it sounds. And you have to get tokens first.
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    PM Microtom, but it indeed looks every bit as boring as it sounds. And you have to get tokens first.

Thanks, I'll try that. One of my alliance members keeps getting 3*s at a rate that is kind of staggering. He says it's just from token pulls, but no one gets this lucky and I'm wondering if this could be why. We don't want to unjustly kick him, or piss him off if he's not cheating as he's quickly become one of our most powerful people. We think it's either this or he's paying for tokens and for some reason is hiding that fact.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Cragger wrote:
    It is an exploit, and you are on the official forum for the game. I suggest you explore this topic through a different medium.
    I tried, but these forums are where all the searches lead. And since I'm not looking to exploit anything but to perhaps stop an exploit I think I'm in the right place.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    locked wrote:
    One of my alliance members keeps getting 3*s at a rate that is kind of staggering. He says it's just from token pulls, but no one gets this lucky and I'm wondering if this could be why. We don't want to unjustly kick him, or piss him off if he's not cheating as he's quickly become one of our most powerful people. We think it's either this or he's paying for tokens and for some reason is hiding that fact.
    Does your alliance have a strong free-to-play identity? Maybe he's just embarrassed of his token habit (and with good reason, given current odds).
  • MaxCavalera
    MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Are you sure it wasn't token trolling? I feel that is all this game does to me. Hey you finally got enough HP to finish of Daken? Its you luck day daken pulls for the next week!