Defending one's self & alliance

Options
13»

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    To say your claims are crazy just rewards your illogical thinking. My twitter feed is hidden because I didn't want people like you looking at my twitter feed. Nothing personal but your conduct in this thread shows that was an accurate decision. In case you never realized it, I didn't make that post about X-men. Jozier did. I wrote on there multiple times to close the thread because a ticket had been filed & that was the proper course of action.
    Do I need to be transparent to you about a CS ticket I filed. NO
    why should I be? Should I also give you ring when I am picking out some food or is that too opaque for you.
    You have an interesting way with words but your comprehension skills tend to be a bit lacking. You clearly showed no ability to comprehend what I wrote which is sad because it was quite clear
    If you knew me or Xmen, you would know how ludicrous your claim is. Much like your arguments

So what you're saying is that honest people should have evidence of their honesty and should be transparent.

You hid a twitter post of your involvement in a discussion with Naz on how to cheat at this game. Can you, without being hypocritical, be transparent and provide evidence that you have never cheated at MPQ?

I'm well aware you didn't start the off-topic thread, but you feature heavily into it, and then opened this thread after trying to hide your own involvement with a potential cheating scandal. How do your actions line up with those of an honest person?

This isn't my "crazy thinking." This is the entire point of your original post. Now that you've muddied the water with your involvement and your attempts to hide fact, it's on you to prove that you're honest, using your own logic.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Well Josh we can agree on that re: Transparency on developers side. No argument here.

If one of the developers wants to take special interest in me and check me out so that I can be added to the list of players who are above suspicion I'm all for it. But I don't think either of us expect that to happen.

I have to assume that me scoring 1900+ in PvP with a bagman team was enough to get me reported about 700 times. Surely I've been "looked into" so to speak, at this point
  • Unknown
    Options
    Well Josh we can agree on that re: Transparency on developers side. No argument here.

If one of the developers wants to take special interest in me and check me out so that I can be added to the list of players who are above suspicion I'm all for it. But I don't think either of us expect that to happen.

I have to assume that me scoring 1900+ in PvP with a bagman team was enough to get me reported about 700 times. Surely I've been "looked into" so to speak, at this point

I was kinda hoping the dev's saw that actually so they'd fix Sentry since he's not supposed to be a 5* character
  • Unknown
    Options
    LoreNYC wrote:

I was kinda hoping the dev's saw that actually so they'd fix Sentry since he's not supposed to be a 5* character

I'm working on a new troll team that may do just that. I need to get the cover first. Been waiting 3 weeks icon_e_sad.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    the main proof comes from D3. If I was you (and everyone else) I would hammer on them to explain server issues & to clearly explain how their cheat detection works (not the details per se) so that people get why it takes months to nail watercat jimbojim etc. That is the main problem. D3 is not transparent at all & acts shady, which gets everyone all paranoid . & rightly so, because it seems like they are ok w cheaters like watercat & jimbojim until people get incensed. Horrible policy.

Exactly! A very good example. I personally still don't know if jimbojim was actually "caught" on something -- many weeks after reports -- or just got fat-fingered away. And if he was left alone cheating all that time the impact on the system was not removed, the past tournament prizes were not offered up, even his 20-ppl alliance stayed around untouched.

Whichever is the case it PROVES that DU can not be trusted even in this area. I recall a case when The Ladder (or one of close buddies) reported a cheater in LR hitting him with 10m left and he was pulled before it finished. They certainly CAN act if they want to after having attention at concrete cases. For jimbojim it did not happen. So he was either decided as okay and eliminated by error without restoration -- or was decided to be tolerated. For whatever reasons. Then eventually got that overruled.

That will keep casting shadow on everything further on -- how can we know if anyone reported and not removed is not on that same protection list? and it hurts the game, hurts the accusing and the accused, and does so regardless if the accused is actually guilty or innocent. And there flames will keep popping up.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I think people put too much into the 'not spent much money'. People can lie about how much they spend, and even if no lying is involved people can simply have a different opinion of what's 'not much money'. I remember playing MTG against guys with Power Nine that said they didn't spend much on the game!
  • Cragger
    Cragger Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    184.jpg
  • Unknown
    Options
    There is no "secret strat" to get high scores. It's just a matter of getting your high scoring alliance mates in nodes and then hitting them with boosts and re shielding.

tumblr_lig4c7a1eb1qcvehpo1_500.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    fidsah wrote:
    If I made a claim I was going to do a crime, a DA would not be able to get a conviction on conspiracy unless he was able to prove means, motive, and opportunity. My claims can provide motive.

They do not satisfy means or opportunity.

If people could be charged for any ol tinykitty they said, cops would do nothing but sit in bars waiting for someone to say they were gonna whoop someone's ****.

Edit: Plus, here's a good example. If I tell you I robbed Fort Knox last night, I'm not gonna face any trouble.

First up i'm pretty sure there's laws against criminal threatening in the US so under some circumstances threatening to commit a crime is actually a crime in of itself.

Secondly if you claimed to have committed a crime which lead to the police investigating you then you would probably be in trouble for wasting police time (at least in the UK and I think the US has something similar).

Thirdly **** is this thread about?
  • FaerieMyst
    FaerieMyst Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I was kinda hoping the dev's saw that actually so they'd fix Sentry since he's not supposed to be a 5* character.

I don't understand the mythic reputation Sentry has. He has undeserved intimidation factor that people use and I admire that cleverness but as a character he really isn't all that.

I also don't understand the obsession with X-Men. I mean, I like to fight them because they'll be worth something so I look for them. I don't really care how much they spend or shield. If their amusement is **** with other people, so be it. I can appreciate good mockery. I'm just glad they provide a target for points, whether shielded or not.
  • Unknown
    Options
    FaerieMyst wrote:
    I was kinda hoping the dev's saw that actually so they'd fix Sentry since he's not supposed to be a 5* character.

I don't understand the mythic reputation Sentry has. He has undeserved intimidation factor that people use and I admire that cleverness but as a character he really isn't all that.

It's his offense. On defense he can be a pain but more just for time and not that he's hard to kill. His green takes time to deal with but the AI doesn't know what they're doing obviously.

He doesn't scare me. Even before I used sentry (When using Patchneto) Sentry didn't scare me. His reputation precedes him based on his offense and nothing else.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Seriously.. Do we have to go through an xmen thread every single day????
    Lets get this straight..
    1. Are they cheating? Who cares..
    2. Are they spending money to have meh rosters? It seems so but who cares..
    3. Are they classless? Judging by their antics on fb and here, definetely.. Except one or two, they re an arrogant bunch full of themselves that think this game give them fame, credibility and honor.. So what.. Are we really that concerned by what some random nerds think they are?
    So to make a long story short.. They re the greatest show on earth doing things we will never see again yada yada.. Let em congratulate themselves on their chat enjoying their due greatness.. And move on..
    Get this chat back to what it should be.. Help each other on strategic matters and have fun doing so..

Edit.. Its the last time i will ever comment an xmen related topic.. And i hope this kind of thread stops popping up everyday like spam threads..
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    LoreNYC wrote:
    Bugpop wrote:
    tumblr_lnn7oueAzy1qcy3blo1_400.png

Sometimes Forum game > actual game
    I certainly know which one I spend more time on. Even before True Healing (tm)!
  • Unknown
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    Bugpop wrote:

duty_calls.png

Am I the only one who always imagines these ppl yelling and laughing at nobody in particular as they type? And saying things utterly seperate from what they are actually typing?
    Like: "hah, you muthafulka. Let's...see....em....answer....THIS! .... ....BULL! that's not a thing! You....are...so....stupid. hmmm..... .... FUKKA! I....am....so...right. how about that? ..... dammit why won't they just KNEEL BEFORE ZOD. *45 minutes later* ...we will agree to disagree. Which is to say I am right and you are stupid. Also, I accidentally microwaved popcorn (I was planning to use while reading your comments) for 45 minutes and the whole thing exploded and my cat has been on fire for a while so I probably have to take it to the vet or ...... ....hahaha...right...whatever. .... .... O NO HE DIDN'T JUST "WHATEVER" ME!
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    Bugpop wrote:

duty_calls.png

Am I the only one who always imagines these ppl yelling and laughing at nobody in particular as they type? And saying things utterly seperate from what they are actually typing?
    Like: "hah, you muthafulka. Let's...see....em....answer....THIS! .... ....BULL! that's not a thing! You....are...so....stupid. hmmm..... .... FUKKA! I....am....so...right. how about that? ..... dammit why won't they just KNEEL BEFORE ZOD. *45 minutes later* ...we will agree to disagree. Which is to say I am right and you are stupid. Also, I accidentally microwaved popcorn (I was planning to use while reading your comments) for 45 minutes and the whole thing exploded and my cat has been on fire for a while so I probably have to take it to the vet or ...... ....hahaha...right...whatever. .... .... O NO HE DIDN'T JUST "WHATEVER" ME!
    lmao.. instant classic.. best post ever.. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm not sure soenottelling actually wrote that. There.weren't random.periods strewn about as if.he were talking.and inserting weird.pauses. (what's with all the extra periods all the time? Is it an autocorrect thing or something?)
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    I'm not sure soenottelling actually wrote that. There.weren't random.periods strewn about as if.he were talking.and inserting weird.pauses. (what's with all the extra periods all the time? Is it an autocorrect thing or something?)
    Probably. On iphone, double spacing puts a period in (and a space)
  • Unknown
    Options
    What proof am I or someone else supposed to provide?

Bank statements? That's all I or any high scorer can provide because the method is rather clear. I play no differently now than I did when I was putting up the same scores under the name of 5D. Nobody was suspicious of me then.

Naz extended an invitation to join you guys for one PvP to help show you how to get high scores for the team correct? I know you guys thought he was just being a jerk but he did extend the invitation and you declined. How much more transparency are you looking for?

The rest isn't addressed to you Josh but I find it fascinating how many people question my or someone else's motives for going for a high score. What's YOUR motivation for playing a game you so clearly hate and a game that you are convinced people are cheating at? What's anyone's motivation for anything?

Every video game I've ever played that had leaderboards has the same issue. Some people want to compete for the top. Those who don't or can't can either a) do what it takes to get to the top b) play anyway and not worry about it or c) Quit. Continuing to play while allowing your hatred to grow for the game and the people who play it seems like a rather ridiculous venture.

the main proof comes from D3. If I was you (and everyone else) I would hammer on them to explain server issues & to clearly explain how their cheat detection works (not the details per se) so that people get why it takes months to nail watercat jimbojim etc. That is the main problem. D3 is not transparent at all & acts shady, which gets everyone all paranoid . & rightly so, because it seems like they are ok w cheaters like watercat & jimbojim until people get incensed. Horrible policy.

That should be all the proof you need. Not that you need any. but proof can be many things...
    btw the Naz offer was an insult & to say otherwise is misleading

Lets address a few things; first off Naz was trying to help you, the only insult you feel was to your pride because you needed help and he was the only one to help you. Why would Naz extend this offer? Simple if you guys dont put up some type of fight then there is no need for the X-Men to put up crazy numbers. The next best non X-Men alliance is maybe 20k. With this said its a mutual benifit for Naz to help you, the problem is you guys have too many insecurities to let someone help you.

So what happens with no X-men Vs 5DV? Well no huge scores so globaly the MPQ community suffers, how you ask? Well when we go overboard and score 1800 to 2000 the average player score goes up by 100 to 500 points meaning more rewards iso hp and covers. I know everyone loves to hate us, call us cheats, and spam hate threads, but people dont really understand how much we help with the fall of 5DV people will see the effect. So Josh when you say his offer was an insult, it's not. Naz is just using that 183 IQ everyone makes fun of him for.

Lets talk about Naz; Is he crazy and obnoxious? No,I live with the man now and he's very calm, funny, intelligent, and whitty. On the bad side he can be passive agressive, and a bit obnoxious. As far as his MPQ personality thats a different story I've been by his side through all the dirt thrown and I can say this he tried in the begining to be a good guy and realized this place is full of opinionated trolls that will try to tear down anyone they feel just because they can. (As I did..as soon as I posted something in relation to Naz I was immediatly slandered left and right) So after quickly realizing this he decided to have fun with this rather than get upset. Hows the saying go "If you can't beat them join them"? Instead of letting the things people.say upset him he made a joke of it all creating fustration for his attackers. Now pissing people off is kind of funny, not right but funny. So many people have caught glimpses of his actions and passed judgment which is normal, Naz posted in rebuttal to these crazy insults, he learned that he can close these crazy threads by just going overboard, so these threads of X-Man hate got so frequent it became a fun game just to troll the trolls.

The truth about Naz hes a great leader, hes kind and compassionate, he listens to all of our ideas, he has meetings with the alliance not just leaders to make desisions, always gives encouragment and support, hes huge on training people to become great, he makes sure all X-men are treated with respect, our chat rooms are friendly and fun. He built this enviroment thats why people love him and love being an X-Men, thats why when you guys attack him people come flocking to attack back. The truth is the X-men is the best alliance not because of it scores, its because of its people how close the bonds and friendships are, the score just happens once all this is in place. I love the X-Men they are orginized friendly and honestly the best bunch of people ive ever met on the internet. I wanna thank Naz for taking the time to believe in us, give us a great fun place to shine. Thanks we all love you.
  • Unknown
    Options
    thefated1 wrote:
    So what happens with no X-men Vs 5DV? Well no huge scores so globaly the MPQ community suffers, how you ask? Well when we go overboard and score 1800 to 2000 the average player score goes up by 100 to 500 points meaning more rewards iso hp and covers. I know everyone loves to hate us, call us cheats, and spam hate threads, but people dont really understand how much we help with the fall of 5DV people will see the effect.

I'm not sure I buy the massive benefit to the community that you're selling. You're putting a lot of points into the system, but most of those points are localized at the top. And by strategically managing your attacks and retaliations among your own members you aren't sharing a lot of those points with the rest of the class. You might be helping a small minority of people in the 1k+ territory, maybe helping a few people get covers at 1100 and 1300 that would have been a little more difficult otherwise. But those people were probably going to get there anyway if they wanted to, and the grand majority of people finish events without ever seeing a score above 600. I doubt you're doing much for them other than giving them a couple smacks on the way up. There's always going to be the same number of placement awards, whether the scores are in the 20s, 200s, or 2000s, so you're not doing anyone any favors there.

So go ahead and put up your big numbers. Have a fantastic time. But let's not make this some kind of altruistic endeavor that elevates the masses to new heights. The best thing you're doing for the game is spending lots of money. Keep doing that. I hear the developers need new ergonomic chairs at their office. icon_razz.gif
  • FaerieMyst
    FaerieMyst Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I rarely score in the 1000+ range and I definitely appreciate the added points that X-Men matches give. I waste too much ISO skipping low level opponents.