Demiurge, BUFF these characters pls

Options
2»

Comments

• HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Sure is but BP/Loki could be a thing too.

And if you're worried about AI Loki screwing up any pairing with Patch (which it almost certainly does anyway) just make this new power cost more than Berserk Rage.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Not trying to burst your illusive bubble, but buffing will probably never happen as these covers are well known horrible that no one wants. Hence they won't generate any profit to D3P regardless what they do, as players will be more likely not keeping these covers when they don't have enough slots. That means, to D3P, these covers are never worth spending any effort.

On the other hand, nerfing popular covers has no immediate adverse effects to D3P. As quite a number of players would have spent real money to get those covers and raise their level up ASAP. So the money has already placed in D3P's pocket. Nerfing them will drive those who stay put to other covers, meaning more money. For those who rage quit, guess what? If they haven't spend a dime, they'll probably never will. So no harm to D3P. If they spent some money, like the aforementioned, the money is in D3P's pocket. So no harm to D3P either.

There are always new players as this is F2P. People will still wanna try and get suck in. So in the end, D3P is still the winner by nerfing the few that are working as intended, and ignore the rest.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Baltias wrote:
    Not trying to burst your illusive bubble, but buffing will probably never happen as these covers are well known horrible that no one wants. Hence they won't generate any profit to D3P regardless what they do, as players will be more likely not keeping these covers when they don't have enough slots. That means, to D3P, these covers are never worth spending any effort.

On the other hand, nerfing popular covers has no immediate adverse effects to D3P. As quite a number of players would have spent real money to get those covers and raise their level up ASAP. So the money has already placed in D3P's pocket. Nerfing them will drive those who stay put to other covers, meaning more money. For those who rage quit, guess what? If they haven't spend a dime, they'll probably never will. So no harm to D3P. If they spent some money, like the aforementioned, the money is in D3P's pocket. So no harm to D3P either.

There are always new players as this is F2P. People will still wanna try and get suck in. So in the end, D3P is still the winner by nerfing the few that are working as intended, and ignore the rest.
    Duly noted.
    HairyDave wrote:
    Sure is but BP/Loki could be a thing too.

And if you're worried about AI Loki screwing up any pairing with Patch (which it almost certainly does anyway) just make this new power cost more than Berserk Rage.
    No, I mean if Loki transforms green to black (I think that's what you meant). Then it wouldn't be practical to pair him up with Patch. Are you gonna collect green for BR or transform green to black and collect them instead?
  • Unknown
    Options
    I can't remember all the nerfs and buffs to date, but if memory serves me right the Devs rarely (maybe never?) just change an ability cost. When they make changes they tend to also change the abilities more so than they do the cost of them.

I agree with many of the changes you've suggested but they have been suggested many times before in each character specific thread so it's probably going to be a long time before any change is made, if ever.