Please spend money on roster slots for 1*s!

Options
I'm just gonna say, this event is the most fun I've had in ages playing Marvel Puzzle Quest. Seriously, this is the coolest event I've seen since they ran Divine Champions a dog's age ago. I think a lot of us agree here. But here's the thing - D3P are hardcore metrics hounds. They don't tend to care that much if the new event they thought up is really well-liked by their player base; rather, they care if it made them money. And we need to help them make some money on this event if we want it to come back! So please, invest in some extra roster slots around this time, dump some 1*s in 'em, and then later you can repurpose them for Iron Patriot or whatever new 3*/4* char they throw our way. Just... try to show them that the event is profitable in one way or another, even if the token is a massive pile of "meh".

Comments

• Unknown
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Are you serious?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Well, we can't expect them to run a fun, innovative event that also caters to newer players and makes everyone feel empowered simply out of the good of their hearts and the interest in goodwill of their customers. If we could, we probably wouldn't have had three entire **** seasons of featured character PvPs.
  • Unknown
    Options
    yeah I was thinking about this last night, how we can do something that hits their fabled metrics so that they see people enjoy playing this event.

I levelled my Jugs up, not sure that will be quite enough to sway them though.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Guess this is pure sarcasm, if it's not, then there's a likely connection. DC was one of the most boring formats most of us just struggled through for the prizes and hoped will never return...

IMO this one is actually much better but as I wrote in the events group should really be run like the old Training arena.
  • Unknown
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    Guess this is pure sarcasm, if it's not, then there's a likely connection. DC was one of the most boring formats most of us just struggled through for the prizes and hoped will never return...

IMO this one is actually much better but as I wrote in the events group should really be run like the old Training arena.
    I genuinely liked DC...

Man, imagine if the SHIELD Simulator was run on this format. How **** awesome would that be?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Well, we can't expect them to run a fun, innovative event that also caters to newer players and makes everyone feel empowered simply out of the good of their hearts and the interest in goodwill of their customers.

That's the thing right there though. These events make everyone temporarily equal. If everyone is equal, there's no drive to improve and compete in terms of power/character gain, and therefore no motivation to spend. Their whole profit system basically breaks down under these conditions and they HAVE to know that. Not only that, but they have more motivation to keep these rare so they can tease everyone with a little taste of how powerful they could be if only they would play more/spend more. I don't think people buying a few roster slots is going to offset that and all the other things people blow money on, but that's just me.
  • Unknown
    Options
    That's the thing right there though. These events make everyone temporarily equal.

Not really. People with more characters have an advantage, people with more MAX level characters have an advantage. Sure, for a single combat it makes JohnnyNoob with their 5 maxed 1*s competitive with my team but over the course of the grind they'll run out of healthy characters while I'll have 4 or 5 seperate and entirely viable teams.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Yeah, it's the number of players available that seems the key here, for my Alliance anyway. I never sold anyone (well, Yelena and Bag-man at the start but have got them back), so I have tons to choose from (and I can, shocker, play for as long as possible within reason), the newer guys can win one or two but then have run out of characters.
  • Tharos
    Tharos Posts: 129
    Options
    how we can do something that hits their fabled metrics so that they see people enjoy playing this event.

Easy: in a "normal" pvp, I play during 15/20 minutes, then I am forced to stop because my only two maxed 3* no longer have health pack to play.
    In this event, I play during more than one hour because I can swith character to use my 1*/2*, and stop by myself when I want to.
    They do have a "play session duration" metric, so playing and enjoying this event should be enough to show them.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Not sure they are fussed about duration though. Pretty sure someone from them cam on here and said their "feedback" had indicated people wanted to play in shorter bursts. Or something. And that was one of the justifications for the healing change.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Not to mention, I play less and post more since the healing change. Not seeing them make a change to re-expand healing to get people playing more, so likely not a metric they value, or more accurately, makes them money.
  • Unknown
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:

I genuinely liked DC...

Man, imagine if the SHIELD Simulator was run on this format. How tinykitty awesome would that be?

Signed in just so I could repost this! God I would go so hard on the Simulator if this is how it always was! Would be so fun!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Firebat86 wrote:
    pasa_ wrote:

I genuinely liked DC...

Man, imagine if the SHIELD Simulator was run on this format. How tinykitty awesome would that be?

Signed in just so I could repost this! God I would go so hard on the Simulator if this is how it always was! Would be so fun!

I would do quite the opposite most likely.
    This event is fun, but it's a slog. It promotes "roster diversity" by making the lower tiered characters much more important. This seems to run contrary to the goal of the game which is to develop a strong roster through all rarities, with the emphasis (possibly due to profit margins) on 3* characters. I'd be happy to see this event run once a month, or even every week or two. I'd wait until the last day or two to play it if it ran a whole month.
  • Unknown
    Options
    This event is interesting because there are 2 1*s that aren't designed with any balance in mind because D3 figured nobody will ever use a level 40 Juggernaut or a level 50 Modern Storm against level 166 opposition, which is usually true, so they've abilities that far outstrip what is fair. Likewise there are 2*s that aren't designed with balance in mind because of their lack of levels makes them hard to use against 3* (OBW, for example, is nowhere close to fair relative to other 2*s). Balance of Power is a fun diversion but it's really no more diverse than the existing the game. If you run this event 20 times in a row you'll eventually just see teams settle on Juggernaut/Modern Storm or perhaps a 2* I missed somewhere that's stupidly powerful at level 270 (maybe Ares, or even someone like Bullseye).
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    This event is interesting because there are 2 1*s that aren't designed with any balance in mind because D3 figured nobody will ever use a level 40 Juggernaut or a level 50 Modern Storm against level 166 opposition, which is usually true, so they've abilities that far outstrip what is fair. Likewise there are 2*s that aren't designed with balance in mind because of their lack of levels makes them hard to use against 3* (OBW, for example, is nowhere close to fair relative to other 2*s). Balance of Power is a fun diversion but it's really no more diverse than the existing the game. If you run this event 20 times in a row you'll eventually just see teams settle on Juggernaut/Modern Storm or perhaps a 2* I missed somewhere that's stupidly powerful at level 270 (maybe Ares, or even someone like Bullseye).

Exactly. Technically, events like these might bring in more money because you want a varied roster, and not one of only maxed 3s. Now 1 stars can actually compete, meaning I must hold onto them, meaning better odds I'll run out of roster space.

D3 should have more events that promote the strength of having 1 stars, such as events that have a star limit (6 stars max! Meaning you could choose 2 3stars, 3 2 stars, or 1 3 star, 1 2 star, and 1 1 star). 1 stars should continue to matter as you progress. The reason they don't is that on defense, there is no way to protect them so their low health makes them unviable. Could fix that too if they wanted by allowing tanks to protect supports like every other multiplayer game in existence. Hell, ever game in general. Imagine football where the quarterback had no blockers. Position would be worthless
  • Unknown
    Options
    what was divine champions?
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Every godly or 'godlike' character was buffed. That included at different times: all Storms, all Thors, Ares, Ragnarok, Loki.
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Every godly or 'godlike' character was buffed. That included at different times: all Storms, all Thors, Ares, Ragnarok, Loki.

It was a crazy event, until 3*** Thor came out and really wrecked the balance of the event.

90 level buffed 2** Ares, Thor, and CStorm to 175, with 145 1* MStorm wrecking havoc in the Jungle was complete carnage to behold at the time.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I really don't see why they think they can't have themed tourneys like this during season. Remember no mans land? bad is good? (lets forget dark avengers and lone star....) We need more of those but d3 says they don't make money from guys trying to buy tokens so since it won't make them money, they don't run them. Greedy.