How the Hulk scoring system works ?

Comments

• Misguided wrote:
    JohnduBois wrote:
    Now to see how recharging works...

If it turns out to be every couple of hours, it is going to be really grindy.
    *really* grindy. Like reminiscent of the first Red ISO event grindy.
  • I think it'll be more along the lines of the first heroic grindy. The first PvE had static points that could be grinded indefinitely. These points in these missions depreciate as you do them (up to 3 times), still waiting for them to recharge.. otherwise everybody will be at the same point mark
  • Let's say every 6 hours at the shortest (definitely something divideable for 24). That's 8 to 10 missions multiplied by 3. And most of the missions are going fast. I think it's definitely not such a grind fest like first red iso
  • Yeah, doesn't look like rubberbanding. Everyone seems to have the exact amount of points. Although that could just be caused by unbracketed leaderboards.
  • Ok reset is definitely not after 2 hours. I'll go to bed and leave it to you guys to figure the exact timing. Could also be possible that it happens after a fix time independent of when you personally did the missions. Keep that in mind icon_e_wink.gif
  • having to play every X hours is grindy, simply because unless x is 12 or more, it's going to interfere with sleep or work or school or something. right now it seems like its going to end up with, if you miss a day, you're done. you can't even pay to power you way into some kind of decent reward if its all about just being there every X hours
  • Unknown
    edited December 2013
    I'm noticing new names popping up in top 10. Assuming there are no ties, doing it later would still be advantageous because they win tie-breakers.

If resets are independant, have to figure put the exact reset time and try to coincide that with the event end time.

In case there is rubberbanding, for reference, my points are worth 6, 25 and 10, 50 @ rank 7728.
  • well now my top 10 is not all tied anymore. the top 5 have slightly more points, and 6-10 are all at 83. this could mean

1) everyone has some individual reset, and those guys were the first to start

2) rubberbanding
  • well now my top 10 is not all tied anymore. the top 5 have slightly more points, and 6-10 are all at 83. this could mean

2) rubberbanding

I don't think so because 83 is not the max value. It's 116 for the first sub event and 230 for the second. If you see someone with more then these scores you know something happened

2) rubberbanding
    Main bracket is still all tied for me.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    well now my top 10 is not all tied anymore. the top 5 have slightly more points, and 6-10 are all at 83. this could mean

2) rubberbanding
    Main bracket is still all tied for me.

Yeah, I don't think anybody has reset yet.
  • I see a 503 and a 498 now. Perhaps the rubberbanding isn't triggered by such a small point spread?
  • Well if there's a 50K reward, something has to give. My guess is either rubber banding or increases every reload of the instance.
  • IceIXist be having a good time reading our attempts to figure this out lol. It does look like the layer you complete the higher your rank is. Kinda messed up,...o well though...let's see how this works in the next few hours. I'm not sure (based on his stuff) that hulk is worth the effort grinding through christmas season for me lol.
  • If it's all ties at the top then last in wins. They should really change ties so that first person with the score stays at the top.
  • At the start, one of my mission was worth 60 point, then it increased to 67 as people reached 500. There seem to be rubber banding for sure.
  • I guess the system has made it a way that

1. You need to play finish the game everyday, if not there's no way you can catch up. (If you missed the 1st few day just so that you want to power up your level in last day. It's not possible)
    2. Once you attack more than a certain times (3x ? Have to reconfirmed again), the point system is gone - no matter how high or low the points you get.
    3. there's a reset in certain time / hours, so that those who missed the chances...well they miss to level their rank. While the rest who manage to get the points, they will have slight advantages when the game is ending soon.
  • Microtom wrote:
    At the start, one of my mission was worth 60 point, then it increased to 67 as people reached 500. There seem to be rubber banding for sure.

Well, the top progression reward is 50,000 and the leaders are at about 500, so later rounds must go up in value or more stuff unlocks.
  • Point system is messed up already.... I am tied for 1st in Canada with 230 points and tied for 1st in Nevada with 116 points, yet overall 15 players have more points than me...Why did they get additional points for the 1st missions? This makes absolutely no sense...
  • sparksue wrote:
    I guess the system has made it a way that

1. You need to play finish the game everyday, if not there's no way you can catch up. (If you missed the 1st few day just so that you want to power up your level in last day. It's not possible)
    2. Once you attack more than a certain times (3x ? Have to reconfirmed again), the point system is gone - no matter how high or low the points you get.
    3. there's a reset in certain time / hours, so that those who missed the chances...well they miss to level their rank. While the rest who manage to get the points, they will have slight advantages when the game is ending soon.

Point one would make no sense imo, I'm pretty sure you can wait until the last day to do any mission and still finish first. Just like in The Hunt. There's rubber banding going one, that's why the numbers are all strange.