Question for Euro-based MPQers re: 1PM/AM end time

Options
2»

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    It seems to me, the easy solution would be to cut the PvP events to 57 hours instead of 60. This way everybody gets screwed by end times over a season

For example, say the season starts at 1am EST - all times EST

Event1 Mon1am-Wed10am
    Event2 Wed10am-Fri7pm
    Event3 Fri7pm-Mon4am
    Event4 Mon4am-Wed1pm
    Event5 Wed7am-Fri4pm (6 hours overlap)
    Event6 Fri4pm-Mon1am
    Event7 Mon1am-Wed10am
    Event8 Wed10am-Fri7pm
    Event9 Fri1pm-Sun10pm (6 hours overlap)
    Event10 Sun10pm-Wed7am
    Event11 Wed7am-Fri4pm
    Event12 Fri4pm-Mon1am

This would leave 2 events finishing at 1am, 10am, 4pm, and 7pm
    This would leave 1 event finishing at 4am, 7am, 1pm, and 10pm

Pain for everybody
  • Unknown
    Options
    The idea would be that NO ONE gets screwed not that everyone is...

And most problematic case is PVE that is not involved in seasons.
  • Unknown
    Options
    They had a PvE 2 or 3 months back where the different pieces ran for 26 hours and end times staggered by 2 hours each time, so it could easily be done for PvE too. It's just a matter of caring enough about the customer base to make a minor developmental change to level the playing field.
  • Unknown
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    The idea would be that NO ONE gets screwed not that everyone is...

And most problematic case is PVE that is not involved in seasons.

Well the times are set either for what's best for the developer or whats best for the majority of the user base which is probably in the US. They already alternate the ending times by 12 hours but cutting that up more becomes a headache for everyone as then nothing has any consistency.

The easy fix is to finally make all PVE events progression based rather than pvp based but as you can tell, the dev's call it story, not pve so maybe they view it as versus and story versus . . .
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    As an east coaster, I hate the change. It was hard enough staying up til midnight sometimes. 1am just won't happen; definitely not on a work night.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    LoreNYC wrote:
    The easy fix is to finally make all PVE events progression based rather than pvp based but as you can tell, the dev's call it story, not pve so maybe they view it as versus and story versus . . .
    I completely agree with this, and have said it on a few occasions in other threads where this type of thing comes up. It's the only way to make PvE ACTUALLY PvE, and not just a re-skinned PvP where you can't lose points to people attacking you.

I do think the rolling entry/ending times idea pasa (and others before him) have proposed is a good idea, but it seems like the devs aren't going to be willing to implement such a thing for one reason or another.

As for me, since I never answered my own question. I live on the west coast (USA) and the change would be welcome to me in PvE cause I put my kids to bed at 9, so if there's an event or sub ending then I have to use up some points with the wife to have her get them ready while I match some tiles to ensure a good placement. If they ended at 10 instead, I could put my kids to bed and still grind out that last hour mostly guilt-free, and happy wife = happy life, etc. For PvP as others have said it just changes when I need to shield and I don't foresee that being an issue.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I like the +1h, not only in the morning (2h would have bene better, but not more, than otherwise 8h shield from evening is too early), but actually the gain at the 6pm to 7pm EU time is the biggest benefit for me... that means I dont need to sneak out earlier from work, and can then play a full hour, that really nice. Hope it stays like that!
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    I'm still golden because my 10 AM/PM is shifting to 11 AM/PM (one more hour of sweet Saturday morning sleep!).
    icon_lol.gif Sorry.
  • Unknown
    Options
    One hour would be perfect for me, I live in Finland, and here it is at 7am. when events stop. So I have to wake up about five or six to grind, hour more sleep would be perfect. I usually leave home at nine anyway, so I would be waking up around eight, and if needed for mpq, could easily wake up at seven and not be so sleepy that nowdays icon_e_biggrin.gif

Hour later in the evenig means also that I would be more able to play.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    [EDIT: Got my math wrong]

A 6 AM UK finishing time is a 7 AM or 8 AM finishing time for mainland Europe.
    A 7 PM UK finishing time is a 8 PM or 9 PM finishing time for mainland Europe.

It's a bit more friendly.