Steam Holiday Sale includes MPQ HP & ISO

Options
TheVulture
TheVulture Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
edited December 2013 in MPQ General Discussion
Well this is unexpected; I just checked Steam out of idle curiosity, and their MPQ HP & ISO bundles are 25% off until 2nd of January! icon_eek.gif
http://store.steampowered.com/app/234330/?snr=1_7_15__13
I did not consider them good value before (at normal price the 2 lower bundles are more expensive than buying the equivalent in-game), but how about now?

UK prices - only ones I can see, but would be community spirited of someone in America to post $s:

New Recruit Pack = £5.24 for 600 HP & 1,500 ISO vs £2.99 for HP & £2.99 for ISO in-game.
Avengers' Battle Kit = £22.49 for 2,900 HP & 8,000 ISO vs £13.99 for & £13.99 for ISO in-game.
Nick Fury's Doomsday Plan = £56.99 for 8,500 HP and 25,000 ISO vs £34.99 for & £34.99 for ISO in-game.

So; you'd still be paying for ISO in each case, not getting it free on top...
Oh well - worth monitoring in case there are even greater discounts for 24 hours some time this month.

Comments

• mischiefmaker
    Options
    $7.49, $29.99, and $74.99, respectively.
  • Unless you really dont have time to play or want to power level, I think most people can get by by buying some gold for recruit space.The iso8 cost ratio is especially atrocious.

I did bought 5 dollar worth of HP for recruit space once since my cover almost expired, but this sale just doesnt entice me.For big spenders however, they sure will love this.
  • Not really a great deal.. Basically still paying $10 for only 8k iso. 50% off these packs would have been a great deal, they'd basically be throwing the ISO at you for free.
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Not really a great deal.. Basically still paying $10 for only 8k iso. 50% off these packs would have been a great deal, they'd basically be throwing the ISO at you for free.

That was the scenario I was hoping for, or at least only pay 10% of 25% of the ISO cost.
    Hope springs eternal - half the Steam sale tradition is watching for the discounted items to become really discounted items at some point.
  • TheVulture wrote:
    Not really a great deal.. Basically still paying $10 for only 8k iso. 50% off these packs would have been a great deal, they'd basically be throwing the ISO at you for free.

That was the scenario I was hoping for, or at least only pay 10% of 25% of the ISO cost.
    Hope springs eternal - half the Steam sale tradition is watching for the discounted items to become really discounted items at some point.

I'd wouldn't have thought that would be the case on things like F2P item packs though I'll be opening my wallet if they do.

If it was enough HP to purchase a punisher guaranteed pack I'd have bought one already, but 8k ISO is an absolute rip.