Resigning from competative play

Options
Hello fellow MPQ enthusiasts, spammer bots and trolls of a suspicious nature.

If you want the short version to the point version we can start off with that. I am worn out from being an alliance leader and being told by D3 that I have to play in every event, when I have to play and what my rewards are.

Since it has been encouraged at times to make these types of posts when stepping down I will do the same. I am not sure how many people remember who I am, who we are or how long we have been around (as many of the long time veterans have been leaving) but I would like to thank Terran Dominion for being such a great alliance filled with many people I am proud to call friends. I made a more substantial post in that regard in our alliance thread. We really are one of the original 20 slot alliances and finished 7th place in the first alliance pvp event.

As a fully FTP player I feel very proud of our accomplishments in the game. I have great satisfaction when someone complimented me or my alliance on our finishes and how competitive we are despite our casual approach to the game. I do feel at times we were underrepresented on the forums, never mentioned as a contender, never in any of those alliance limericks, but we were up there all the same (beat Shield in PvE once kaching! Think we got 4th but at any rate). You have no idea how giddy I felt when Terran Dominion graced the top 10 of events and we did and do still hit up there occasionally, but not recently due to the rise of the whale alliances taking up the top berths. You know what I mean.

At this point I only need covers for four different hero's one being Nick Fury the other being the recently released Torchling. The drive is just no longer there to compete endlessly for rewards I no longer need. I resent having to wake up on my days off in order to complete PvE refreshes for the last 8 months. There is only one PvE event this year I did not get 3 new hero covers for and that was the first run of the Heroic Oscorp, wow was that bad. As much as I appreciate my alliance and still enjoy the game I do not want to play endless loops of the same events for yet more ISO and no actual rewards.

I could complain about many things, the birth of scaling, MMR, my 65+ comment in why true healing was an awful idea being ignored, sharding(Mostly redacted), MMR, the ever declining dev presence on the forums (ICEIX where are you?) but we all know these things.

What would really like and have heard no actual answer from the Devs on is why the link between Mobile and Steam was never completed. Veterans know this used to be a manual link and possible, and there are still a few who play who can play the same account on both platforms, but it was never automated. The amount of time I spent playing on my phone in front of my computer would make a nun curse Jesus.

What I would like most out of the crazy hat is some feasible way to obtain the rewards that I need, and not have 8 events in a row that are actually a waste of progression. That and Swype to work properly in alliance chat, wholly hell.

I am not quitting completely at this time. I will be leaving the alliance tomorrow and will play as much as I feel like it, probably very little at first. This is probably going to be one of those slow disappearing acts but in the immediate future I will only complete for rewards I want to compete for so you will still get to take a crack at me from time to time. It is the only game I like I can play on my phone at work, and well that is a good a reason as any to pop in occasionally. Who knows sometime in the future I may get competitive gain, although at this point, I doubt it.

Thanks again to my great alliance, the people I conversed with often on the forums, and various bracket buddies over time.

--Chimaera

Comments

• LordWill
    LordWill Posts: 341
    Options
    Sorry to see you go icon_cry.gif

Also one of the best lines I have ever read....
    Chimaera wrote:
    The amount of time I spent playing on my phone in front of my computer would make a nun curse Jesus.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Nooooooooo... icon_e_sad.gif
    This non stop bleeding of valuable vets quitting has to stop..
  • Unknown
    Options
    Nooooooooo... icon_e_sad.gif
    This non stop bleeding of valuable vets quitting has to stop..

This is all perspective. Newbs who buy everything are what D3 deems as valuable.

In all seriousness though the game is having a major problem unfolding in that so many people who supported the game are quitting and we don't seem to be getting the response from devs of more Q&As - why are people quitting? what would make them play more? What are we doing wrong/right?

It would be nice if the reach out and try to make the game better.
  • FaerieMyst
    FaerieMyst Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    ,,,and being told by D3 that I have to play in every event, when I have to play and what my rewards are.

Did they send you email? Text? Private message?

I feel left out. They've never told me what and when to play. They do tell me what the rewards are but I think that is to be expected.
  • Katai
    Katai Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    FaerieMyst wrote:
    ,,,and being told by D3 that I have to play in every event, when I have to play and what my rewards are.

Did they send you email? Text? Private message?

I feel left out. They've never told me what and when to play. They do tell me what the rewards are but I think that is to be expected.

He's refering to the fact that if you don't play the last hour of an event, you have no chance of winning anything other than more 2* covers.

In PvE, the biggest point totals go to whoever can clear the most nodes in the last hour, regardless of how much time you've spent before then. You can spend 8 hours playing the early part of a PvE sub, and someone who plays only the last hour can pass you in points without effort. Because of this, you have to schedule your time to play the last hour, or don't bother playing at all.

In PvP, you have to play all the way up to the end of the tournament. This means, again, you HAVE to play the last hour or two of the PvP tournament or you have no chance of getting good rewards. The only way around this is to spend Hero Points for shields.
  • emaker27
    emaker27 Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ditto to the OP and I was in the same position and my story was the same. No more competitive play, no more shields, and no more playing at specific times... (unless I see Lazy Thor rewards)
  • Unknown
    Options
    Can we just condense all of these "quitting / leaving / game sucks" posts into one single thread?

No one cares...
  • FaerieMyst
    FaerieMyst Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I know what he is referring to and how the game dynamics work. It still isn't D3P telling him what to do. It is his choice.

You can play casually and progress slower. That is an option many people choose.

I am a more competitive player. I want the higher level awards. That limits my choices but they are still my choices - made within the parameters of a previously made choice.

I understand that sometimes you get overinvolved in something and you need to step back. It can be done without all the drama. Sure, if your playing intensity has impacted others, you may need to mend some fences but that's a private matter. Make your choice, let the people it impacts know and move on.
  • Katai
    Katai Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Except there is no progression. Getting more 2* covers that you have to sell doesn't really help you gain 3* covers at all. If you don't play competitively, you stagnate completely.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I appreciate the casual outlook in regards to the end times but in reality I am the kind of guy who will compete and obtain the top rewards even if I do not need them, and win for the sake of winning. I gave the everyone the ISO Brotherhood event off and even without trying and trying not to play I still won many subs and somehow finished 20th for the full rewards...Its just not me. Especially as one of the top / most consistent high end finishers we had, I don't do casual. If you want to finish well, you need to be on at the end of each and every end time thats how the game is wired. If you think you can be a top contender and not play at the end of each sub/event, I want what is in your kool-aid.

The only way is to drop alliances at this time so I don't have the need to perform for my alliance, then I can shed these events for a while. Not attempting to cause drama despite you claiming something to that extent. If I wanted to I would call out all the problems with the game, all the bad decisions, make fun of Naz or something. But as somewhat of a longtime member of this degrading community I feel its my responsibility to let people/friends/unwashed masses know I am stepping down for a while and maybe, just maybe D3 will read enough of these and realize something needs to change. They are fast flipping the switches on things they want, but takes months to do anything we want. I feel we liked when every event was not an alliance event, guess what the standard is now? I am willing to bet the majority of people now did not know events used to alternate between alliance and non alliance rewards.