*** Daken (Classic) ***

Comments

• Every character at level 212 will always take all of his strong colors from anyone. Now of course you don't have to get everyone maxed, but having a featured character maxed should be considered an advantage even if it doesn't always work that way.

I think I checked during a God of Lies tournament and Loki will still get green if he's maxed + boosted, even though it's his weakest color versus someone who has green as his strongest color at level 141.
  • Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    Phantron wrote:
    Every character at level 212 will always take all of his strong colors from anyone. Now of course you don't have to get everyone maxed, but having a featured character maxed should be considered an advantage even if it doesn't always work that way.

I think I checked during a God of Lies tournament and Loki will still get green if he's maxed + boosted, even though it's his weakest color versus someone who has green as his strongest color at level 141.

Looks like my 115 Hood boosted to 173 in the LR's has match damage 81/72/63 so a 141 who shares their strongest color (match damage of 67) with the buffed 115's weakest color will still tank the damage.
  • Ever since true heal I think a 5/5/3 lazy Daken, 3/5/5 Patch, and 3/5/5 Sentry team is the best. 4 matches and the game is over. Sentry will destroy the other team, Patch and Daken will just heal from the injuries taken from Sentry. After so many turns just use 1 health pack on Sentry. Rinse and repeat until you have 1300 PvP points. Most people will avoid you as that team will take a lot of damage and time to beat while dishing out considerable damage to any attacker.
  • As if True Healing TM nerf is not enough, the nerf hammer continues to hit all other covers that are working as INTENDED, rather than buffing those that are utterly useless in almost every possible way. (Yes Yelena and Dare Devil I'm talking about you two.)
    *** Daken (Classic) ***
    Old
    Healing & Heat - Black Passive
    (PASSIVE) Daken’s healing factor allows him to recover 3% of his health every turn. If there are fewer than 8 Blue tiles, the terrible drug “Heat” kicks in, and he loses 3% of his health instead.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Heals 5% per turn.
    Level 3: 7 Yellow tiles to avoid “Heat”.
    Level 4: Heals 7% per turn.
    Level 5: 6 Yellow tiles to avoid “Heat”.
    Max Level: Heals 476HP/"Heat" 204 damage

New
    Healing & Heat - Black Passive
    (PASSIVE) Daken’s healing factor allows him to recover 3% of his health every turn. If there are fewer than 9 Blue tiles, the terrible drug “Heat” kicks in, and he loses 3% of his health instead.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Heals 5% per turn.
    Level 3: 8 Yellow tiles to avoid “Heat”.
    Level 4: Heals 7% per turn.
    Level 5: 7 Yellow tiles to avoid “Heat”.
    Max Level: Heals 476HP/"Heat" 204 damage

Old
    Pheremone Rage - Purple Passive
    (PASSIVE) Daken releases a scent that sets his enemies on edge, using their anger to his advantage. Whenever anyone makes a Green match, add a Red Strike tile to the board with a strength of 11.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: +10% Strike tile strength
    Level 3: +15% Strike tile strength
    Level 4: +15% Strike tile strength
    Level 5: Creates 2 Strike tiles at 90% base strength.
    Max Level: 2 Strength 68 Strike tiles

New
    Pheremone Rage - Purple Passive
    (PASSIVE) Daken releases a scent that sets his enemies on edge, using their anger to his advantage. Whenever anyone makes a Green match, add a Red Strike tile to the board with a strength of 11.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: 13 Strike tile strength
    Level 3: 15 Strike tile strength
    Level 4: 20 Strike tile strength
    Level 5: Creates 2 Strike tiles strength 14.
    Max Level: 2 Strength 46 Strike tiles

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=12333

So the only viable build is only 5/5/3 now. 5/4/4 will most certainly kill you from heat. 5/3/5? All I can say is GG.

And of course, the timing of this announcement has to be WAY AFTER the Laken rewards were given so majority of the players would have used/sold the rewards before the change. So if you build is not 5/5/3 and you had the extra covers from rewards but you sold it already cos they'll expire in 7 days when you forget about them, D3P demands you to cough up at least 1250 HP to change your build. icon_e_biggrin.gif

To me, ANY change to any ability that will result in a change in the current build should be given a FREE respec upto the cover numbers unlocked. Say a player with 5/13 with a build of 1/2/2, should be given 5 free golden arrows to change the build as desired. I think this is a sensible way to deal with NERFS. However, making sense is not something D3P would do.

D3P: More $$ in the pocket. YAY~~ Health Packs sale is still not good enough. Gotta think of a way to nerf more working as intended covers to ENCOURAGE players to buy True Healing TM. There's no free lunch, so as free healing. icon_cool.gif
  • I had just sold all my LD covers when half an hour later I get the email about the funbalance. Very annoying as I would have like to have kept the covers so I could experiment with changes to my current 5/4/4

I also have to question the thinking behind making the Pheromone Rage strike tile 46... the 2* Daiken is also 46 as max.... so my maxed 3* is no better than a maxed 2* for his primary ability. What the hell!!!
  • craybe wrote:
    I had just sold all my LD covers when half an hour later I get the email about the funbalance. Very annoying as I would have like to have kept the covers so I could experiment with changes to my current 5/4/4

I also have to question the thinking behind making the Pheromone Rage strike tile 46... the 2* Daiken is also 46 as max.... so my maxed 3* is no better than a maxed 2* for his primary ability. What the hell!!!

Like I said, this announcement is timed strategically by D3P with the intention of players would have used/sold the Laken reward covers before the announcement.

And Taken (Tiny Daken) only creates one strike tile with 5 covers instead of two post nerf.
  • Guys, that announcement is pretty clearly full of typos - I wouldn't bother working up too much of a rage until it's corrected.
  • What is the latest spec for L Daken? The front page data has not been edited.
  • wuming79 wrote:
    What is the latest spec for L Daken? The front page data has not been edited.

scroll up a little bit and read my post. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Baltias wrote:
    And Taken (Tiny Daken) only creates one strike tile with 5 covers instead of two post nerf.

Ahh got it, totally missed that through my blind internet troll rage icon_e_wink.gif or perhaps just because I'm at work and shouldn't be on forums hehe
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    I'm confused. Is "Heat" affected by number of yellow tiles or blue tiles now?
  • hurcules wrote:
    I'm confused. Is "Heat" affected by number of yellow tiles or blue tiles now?

Knowing how competent D3P devs are, I'm quite confident that is a cheap copy and paste from Taken when doing Laken. So I think it's still blue for the Heat. icon_cool.gif
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    craybe wrote:
    I had just sold all my LD covers when half an hour later I get the email about the funbalance. Very annoying as I would have like to have kept the covers so I could experiment with changes to my current 5/4/4

From what I read, the 2* Daken will only be creating 1 strike tile per green match, not 2 like the 3*. But even then, this post was so poorly cut and pasted that we have no idea what's going on. All we know is that 2* Daken is getting a blue skill, and that they are switching his Heal&Heat from yellow to blue (although it doesn't say that) to mirror the 3* version. As to how much they nerf Pheromone Rage, I have no idea.

I look at Punisher as one of the top Balanced characters, so if it take him 8 green or 3 matches to get enough to cast 3 strike tiles of 122 each, Daken's Passive shouldn't be better than that. So in 3 Daken Matches you would get 6 strike tiles currently at 68 each for a total of 408 dmg, vs. Punisher's 366. That means Daken's should be no more than 61 per strike tile. Now, the fact Daken can get free strike tiles for green and let someone else cast a green skill is a tad unfair, but I do think the 46 is a tad too much. I think a nice even 50 strength strike tiles would have been about right. That being said say you can match green in your first 3 turns. One team has Daken, the other has Punisher.

Daken
    =======
    T1. 79*3=237 now 46x2 ST's
    T2. 79*3 + 92 = 329 + 237 prior turn G.Total = 539
    T3. 79*3 + 184 = 421 + 539 prior turns G. Total = 960

Punisher
    ==============
    T1. 70*3=210
    T2. 70*3=210 G.Toal 420
    T3. 70*3=210 G.Total 630

Can cast Judement next turn. You just did 330 extra dmg with Daken, Daken has 6 tiles out for combined dmg of 276, Punisher now has 3 tiles out for combined dmg 366. Assuming you never get any more strike tiles from either, and those never get destroyed, That will take almost 4 turns of Matching before Punisher overtakes Daken in dmg. Here's the kicker. Punisher, or Patch, or anyone else has to then use the green, Daken essentially collects it for others. With Daken Call of the Stom should read Do 4518 dmg to target, 2259 to everyone else, and oh yeah you get 10*46 Strike tiles.
  • Fairly new to the game (~ 60 days) and this is the first character I bought covers for that's been nerfed.

Say what you want about General Motors' poor business model, but no one ever awoke to find their Corvette replaced with a Chevette because the former was 'just too powerful'.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fairly new to the game (~ 60 days) and this is the first character I bought covers for that's been nerfed.

Say what you want about General Motors' poor business model, but no one ever awoke to find their Corvette replaced with a Chevette because the former was 'just too powerful'.

The perennial catch 22 situation in gaming. If you don't balance the characters, ppl complain "P2W!". If you do balance the characters, ppl complain " why you nerf!"
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    I look at Punisher as one of the top Balanced characters, so if it take him 8 green or 3 matches to get enough to cast 3 strike tiles of 122 each, Daken's Passive shouldn't be better than that. So in 3 Daken Matches you would get 6 strike tiles currently at 68 each for a total of 408 dmg, vs. Punisher's 366. That means Daken's should be no more than 61 per strike tile. Now, the fact Daken can get free strike tiles for green and let someone else cast a green skill is a tad unfair, but I do think the 46 is a tad too much. I think a nice even 50 strength strike tiles would have been about right. That being said say you can match green in your first 3 turns. One team has Daken, the other has Punisher.

I think people and D3 both forget that these green matches don't have to be yours for Phermone Rage. A very common scenario I run into is say you're against Daken + Thor, or Daken + Sentry. You see a lot of green matches on the board, and you can't exactly leave them alone so you got to match them all too, and you end up taking massive damage from Phermone Rage because there's no better alternative. Phermone Rage is quite strong even if they only made the strike tiles on your matches. It is very hard to figure out the additional value from enemy matches (relatively little on offense, but very high on defense due to green being the premier attack color) but it definitely adds value too.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:

Daken
    =======
    T1. 79*3=237 now 46x2 ST's
    T2. 79*3 + 92 = 329 + 237 prior turn G.Total = 539
    T3. 79*3 + 184 = 421 + 539 prior turns G. Total = 960

Punisher
    ==============
    T1. 70*3=210
    T2. 70*3=210 G.Toal 420
    T3. 70*3=210 G.Total 630

Can cast Judement next turn. You just did 330 extra dmg with Daken, Daken has 6 tiles out for combined dmg of 276, Punisher now has 3 tiles out for combined dmg 366. Assuming you never get any more strike tiles from either, and those never get destroyed, That will take almost 4 turns of Matching before Punisher overtakes Daken in dmg. Here's the kicker. Punisher, or Patch, or anyone else has to then use the green, Daken essentially collects it for others. With Daken Call of the Stom should read Do 4518 dmg to target, 2259 to everyone else, and oh yeah you get 10*46 Strike tiles.

Comparing a single ability to another single ability is pretty pointless. If strike tiles were the only abilities those two characters have, then sure. But not when they have other stats and abilities to consider.
  • Unknown
    edited July 2014
    atomzed wrote:
    Fairly new to the game (~ 60 days) and this is the first character I bought covers for that's been nerfed.

The perennial catch 22 situation in gaming. If you don't balance the characters, ppl complain "P2W!". If you do balance the characters, ppl complain " why you nerf!"
    I recognize D3P has the right to make changes to the game. My problem is I bought two high powered covers and now possess something else - literally bait and switch. I requested a refund for the covers I purchased and received this response (following a description of the changes):
    ... We will not be compensating anyone due to changes to benefit user experience during gameplay.
    I've filed a complaint with my state's Attorney General's office; this is internet fraud.

(Edit 7/21/2014): Following D3P's hold on Daken Classic changes, I've withdrawn my complaint from the Attorney General's office.
  • atomzed wrote:

Like many had mentioned many many times, instead of stupidly nerfing covers that are working as intended, which are only a few, D3P should BUFF the covers that are working pathetically, which are many. So, instead of spending more effort to BUFF the many uberly useless covers, D3P opts for the easy way out to nerf the few.

Human nature? Probably. What reasonable dev would do? Absolutely not.
  • Daken nerf is temporarily off the table.

Link to Announcement