Ares sunder tile not disappearing

Options
Taiyed311
Taiyed311 Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
A few times it has happened to me that the opponent Ares lays down a sunder tile but I manage to down him before it goes off, yet the tile remains. It's about a half and half but I have seen it enough to think it may be a bug that still needs to be addressed. Thanks.

Comments

• Cragger
    Cragger Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The search function is your friend. It would have revealed that the developers are well aware of the problem and have taken measures (multiple times) to correct the bug.
    It's been nailed down and fixed - it's just that it's a client-side code change, which means it takes a while before we can get it out to you. (Since deploying a fix to the client code takes a long time, testing needs to be much more thorough (we can't fix a bug in it for 1-2 weeks), and each change of this type needs to go through platform owners' approval processes.)

It's not possible to know for sure exactly when the next release will go live before it happens, but historically we've shipped a release roughly once every two weeks.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8873&start=20&hilit=ares+sunder

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9822&hilit=ares+sunder

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7363&hilit=ares+sunder

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7147&hilit=ares+sunder

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7363&hilit=ares+sunder

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6333&hilit=ares+sunder

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4004&hilit=ares+sunder
  • pmorcs
    pmorcs Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Here's a weird little twist on this bug:

1. Ares casts Sunder, kills himself.
    2. Sunder tile remains on the board, as "expected".
    3. I immediately cast Call the Storm, Sunder tile disappears as remaining 2 characters take damage but do not (yet) die.

Nothing on the board moved to cause a match, it just disappeared like it took damage from CTS.
  • Unknown
    Options
    AFAIK, any AOE damage (CTS, Wind Storm, Rage of the Panther) will clear the bugged countdown tile. Something about the way the code executes the skill doesn't check if Ares is alive until after the countdown is created. When you cast an AOE, the code checks to see if anyone is downed and removes their countdowns (M-hawk for instance) thus clearing the tile.
  • pmorcs
    pmorcs Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Strange. I feel like they've coded "bespoke" logic for each character instead of having, like, common routines that do tile evaluation based on common properties. See: Bagman Snarky Remark *increasing* his allies' countdown tiles when he's on the other side. As an experienced professional software developer, I have trouble understanding how some of these bugs could exist the way they do otherwise.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Personally, I've always feared a Zombie Ares rising from the grave should that tile go off. A zombie god, now that is terrifying.

10582-1.jpg