Call the Storm

Options
KillStormFirst
KillStormFirst Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
Lazy Thor just decked me in the face using Call the Storm with only 8 green ap available and used this ability for 7 AP... 7! Leaving him still with 1 AP at the end of the turn! icon_mad.gif **** and has anyone else noticed this? He's a 141 and should still need the 14 AP that's required.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Everyone's seen similar stuff. The devs give so few tinykitties that you would have to give them several hundred tinykitties for them to give zero tinykitties. Negative tinykitties, you might say.
  • Demiurge_Will
    Demiurge_Will Posts: 346 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    A series of screenshots or a video capture would be very helpful in tracking this down - if you happen to grab one, could you PM me?
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Guys are you taking into account that opponent AP values aren't actually updated until their next turn, so AP they gather in their current turn - through stealing or an ability to cause cascades doesn't register any change in the opposing teams AP values until after their turn is finished.

That said, devs, any chance you can change it so that we can see current values of AP to the AI team? This may solve a lot of grief.
  • KillStormFirst
    Options
    Twysta wrote:
    Guys are you taking into account that opponent AP values aren't actually updated until their next turn, so AP they gather in their current turn - through stealing or an ability to cause cascades doesn't register any change in the opposing teams AP values until after their turn is finished.

That said, devs, any chance you can change it so that we can see current values of AP to the AI team? This may solve a lot of grief.

During their move/ability you can hit the "AP arrow" (or whatever it is called) and see the depletion of AP after the ability has been activated. My particular scenario involved me checking their AP prior to me making a move and as soon as call the storm was initiated I checked again and watched it as it went from 8 to 1 as well as it showing -7 green after the move. I'll try for a screen-shot or a vid-cap next time.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Was Hood or a green-generating goon on the enemy team?

I still haven't seen this behavior even once without a reasonable explanation when I double-checked AP sources.
  • KillStormFirst
    Options
    And again Lazy Thor decked me in the face using Call The Storm for only 7 green AP! This time it was The Simulator: Normal - Simulation 10 - Round 3... enemy team was LT, Moonstone and Juggs. icon_mad.gificon_mad.gif
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    If you play on mobile, that probably explains a lot. Not seeing enemy AP every moment can be misleading.
  • KillStormFirst
    Options
    locked wrote:
    If you play on mobile, that probably explains a lot. Not seeing enemy AP every moment can be misleading.
    Twysta wrote:

During their move/ability you can hit the "AP arrow" (or whatever it is called) and see the depletion of AP after the ability has been activated. My particular scenario involved me checking their AP prior to me making a move and as soon as call the storm was initiated I checked again and watched it as it went from 8 to 1 as well as it showing -7 green after the move. I'll try for a screen-shot or a vid-cap next time.

This ain't my first rodeo icon_eek.gif and you can see enemy AP on mobile
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Yes, but only on demand. I would kill myself if I had to do extra stuff to see enemy AP levels every time, it's even possible to get caught inattentive on PC.
  • KillStormFirst
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Yes, but only on demand. I would kill myself if I had to do extra stuff to see enemy AP levels every time, it's even possible to get caught inattentive on PC.

When I first noticed that something seemed fishy with LT I started to take note of what his (and his team) AP was at just to make sure I wasn't losing my mind. After the 2nd time I posted to see if anyone was having similar issues. There seems to be a few which makes this no longer a conspiracy theory but a possible issue/bug. It's hard to catch it when you play as often as I do and everyone has a damn Lazy Thor it seems which makes for a ton of screen shots which so far have been for nothing - unless I take one every time the other team makes a play - which makes for a lot of screen shots to delete. I don't pay too much attention to any other characters AP levels other than the usual (purple w/ Mags, green w/ GSBW or Thor etc..)
  • Unknown
    Options
    Did he just cast Thunder Strike? Because what can easily happen is that he casts Thunder Strike, gains a metric buttfuck of green AP, and this doesn't show up until the end of the turn. Meanwhile, he casts Call The Storm, and you're left thinking "wait, how'd he do that with 8 AP" when in reality he had 15.
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    Options
    locked wrote:
    This didn't matter on what you play. I much time seeing what AI cheating, when he not get eonught AP, but casting ability(i'm say about different character's) icon_e_wink.gif
  • over_clocked
    Options
    And I have never seen the AI use an ability it didn't have the AP for, your point?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Once again, I refer you to the turn 1 Headbutt I was on the receiving end of. No goons, no matches, just Juggy's helmet planting itself firmly in my nethers right off the bat. No amount of inattentiveness to AP accumulation could explain that.

Personally I think it might have something to do with lag causing carry over to the next match. I have no knowledge of the game's coding so I don't even know if my theory is possible, but it seems to me to be more likely an explanation than phantom generation.
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    And I have never seen the AI use an ability it didn't have the AP for, your point?

A lot of people have though. I play on steam and there have been a few times when I went up against Thor that he was able to use his green ability when they had not made enough green matches. Sometimes I though it is that the ap counter is delayed which causes this problem with people thinking they didn't have enough when they actually did. But other times it's very obviously not the case. Also the devs ask for a screenshot of this but I don't see how that could work, because well as I said there is a delay so even if you screenshot that's what it would be summed up too. The only option is for someone to record every one of their matches and then go over them and if they do see cheating send it then.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    locked wrote:

Repeated testing cannot prove the abscence of bugs. It merely allows you to state that, for a confidence interval X, there is a chance Y of no failure occuring. (This chance is never 1; or 100%, if you prefer that).
    Repeated testing can, however, prove the existence of a bug. Simply by encountering a failure once during a single test instance.

This is undisputably mathematically correct. Science FTW!
  • over_clocked
    Options
    For all the talk of the cheating AI (I have been here long enough to see such threads regularly) there has never been a simple video recording that would document such a thing (I think it's easier to do on Steam, but w/e). I would record a hundred matches in attempts to document an AP bug, but I never felt the need to icon_razz.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    For all the talk of the cheating AI (I have been here long enough to see such threads regularly) there has never been a simple video recording that would document such a thing (I think it's easier to do on Steam, but w/e). I would record a hundred matches in attempts to document an AP bug, but I never felt the need to icon_razz.gif

It'd be a giant pain to document though, because you'd essentially need to document every single match from the beginning on spec until it happens. And to be really complete with it, you'd need to swipe over every single turn to see where the opponents AP totals were. Plus, I'd guess over 3/4 of the player base either doesn't know how to record a match, or is playing on a device that doesn't have the capability.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Well, I think that at least those PC players that think AI is cheating should record their matches.