The end of the HUNT

Options
I just wanted to say that although I generally like this game...... I had a BIG ISSUE with the Hunt - especially the end of the event.....
For one, 9 days is way too long....
The other big issue I had was that for 8 days I was in the top 10 and top 5 very consistently BUT for the last 6 hours of the event, I could score almost no points at all and ended up out of the top 50....... how is that fair?
When it was over, I had 1 mission that gave any points at all and it gave 4.......... THAT REALLY STINKS!
The rubberbanding should definately go away and it should be a SET point value for the missions....... Again, it just really stinks to watch over a week of work evaporate and end up with virtually nothing to show for it even though I was at the top for about 90% of the event.........

Comments

• To help with that, I busted my ****, spent money, and stayed consistent. I had my #1 spot and then there was no points. The fact we spent our own money towards getting punisher and then This **** planing and system screws us. I sign this and I was spending a lot on this game but I won't spend a cent if they don't compensate us. Simple solution, give everyone all three punisher cards, no cost. That way for those who where cheated will get the punisher cards and those who already have them you can level them up... Fair for everyone..
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The end sucked, but I think most people on the forum knew it would. I think all rubberbanding is broken, but no rubberbanding sucks too. I think we need more PvE events, but a totally different paradigm for rewards and ranking.
  • Thanks to this event I have deleted the app and moved on.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nasedo wrote:
    Thanks to this event I have deleted the app and moved on.
    Thanks for letting us know.
  • Pentagoon
    Options
    The only way to really compete in The Hunt was to have all the required characters, something I fought hard for in the weeks leading up to it. Going into the first 3 days of The Hunt I had BW Grey and IM 40 no problem, but I didn't have an Invisible Woman and was BITTER about the fact that I couldn't finish some of the missions. She was only available for a short time before this tourney and I saw this broken rubber banding point issue coming like a freight train. I don't understand how they could make her REQUIRED for those missions without providing a default character so I was determined to find a way. I took my beefy Ragnarok to task in the first Bad Is Good tourney at that time and ended up with a first place win to snag Invisible Woman [that in turn I KNOW pissed off the guy who had the #1 spot all week]. With her I was able to have more missions with more points in the last few days of The Hunt and ended up with a 2 cover Punisher win, but it was one HELL of a grind when the points dried up and I burned through a lot of ISO using boosts to speed up the process. I was down to 7-13 points per round in the last hour and they all counted. I know if I hadn't been able to play from 11a-1p CST on that day that the previous 9 days of work would be for practically nothing. I had to put in for time off on a Sunday after church from my bosses (wife and 3 kids) in order to accommodate the free time necessary to compete.

Anyone who says they DESERVE or DEMAND to have Punisher covers don't get the point - this is an entertainment medium - whether that's good or bad entertainment, you're paying with your time (or money) to experience the game. Just like in Poker (combination of gambling, skill, and entertainment), you can play hard and earn a fat stack but there's always an element of risk and chance in any given situation. The big difference with MPQ is that once you earn a cover, it's yours forever, no risk of losing it - they gotta keep hooking in new players to be drawn to the opportunity for the rare covers (I don't have a 4* Wolvie yet for example). I want more of these long duration tournaments - they are memorable and the ISO I earned along the way helped beef up my main characters.

--\(*_*)/