Help for newbie players (campaigns)

Options
Unknown
edited December 2013 in MPQ Tips and Guides
Hi,

I really having trouble with campaign missions.. I try to skip replaying missions if possible, but when i unlock a mission to get 50heroe points or covers, i cannot ignore them.

Is there a list of recommended roster that are above recommended levels to do some harder missions?
Atm im stuck with venom missions with "black widow imposter" where those guys definately hit for 400HP hitting all 3heroes at once.

Im using 31iron man 24black widow 21storm and its impossible to stop and negate ~10-15 gems with countdows that do insane amount of damage.

So my questions:
Are my roster too low level?
Should i ignore the campaign and focus on lightning campaigns? (there is no way i will get covers in there!)

Comments

• Yes, you should be doing the special events (and the SHIELD tourney) and earn whatever easy rewards you can. Each win can net you 70/140 ISO which can be applied to leveling up your characters.

If you come across a tough opponent, just hit the skip button until you find a good one.

You should be replaying all the missions you beat and getting all 4/4 rewards they have to offer.
  • With IM35, Storm modern and Black Widow modern, you have a damage dealer/tank, a board clear-er and a stunner which is an ideal mix for early/mid game and even late game. For fights with lots of countdown tiles, make sure you grab lots of red and green so that Storm can chain abilities back to back and when the countdowns get close to 0, stun that mook with Widow (stuns will stop the counter until the stun runs out). Grind out those early missions to get all the tokens if you have a slot or two open and try to play the Lightning rounds up to 100. That way you will get around 1,000 ISO and a recruit token.
  • I try to skip replaying missions if possible, but when i unlock a mission to get 50heroe points or covers, i cannot ignore them.

Stop that. Replay all the missions until they're 4/4 unless it's a really useless reward (like a boost). You need the ISO, the covers, and the HP.
    Atm im stuck with venom missions with "black widow imposter" where those guys definately hit for 400HP hitting all 3heroes at once.

I found those particularly hard. You probably need more levels and you need to use C Hawkeye who is good for taking out counters. I don't think I completed those until I was well into the Oscorp missions (if that's possible... I don't remember, it was about 2 months ago now).
    Should i ignore the campaign and focus on lightning campaigns? (there is no way i will get covers in there!)

I wouldn't ignore the Prologue, but it might be worthwhile to pop into the PvP tournaments. If you can get even a single kill you'll get guaranteed ISO when the tournament completes, plus the first progression reward (which is typically either ISO or a Standard token).
  • Definitely do not ignore the prologue. Besides all the other rewards, there are three very good 2* characters in there (classic Storm, Thor, and Wolverine).
  • Zathrus wrote:
    I try to skip replaying missions if possible, but when i unlock a mission to get 50heroe points or covers, i cannot ignore them.

Stop that. Replay all the missions until they're 4/4 unless it's a really useless reward (like a boost). You need the ISO, the covers, and the HP.

I found those particularly hard. You probably need more levels and you need to use C Hawkeye who is good for taking out counters. I don't think I completed those until I was well into the Oscorp missions (if that's possible... I don't remember, it was about 2 months ago now).

I wouldn't ignore the Prologue, but it might be worthwhile to pop into the PvP tournaments. If you can get even a single kill you'll get guaranteed ISO when the tournament completes, plus the first progression reward (which is typically either ISO or a Standard token).

Thanks for answers! I acted foolish, but being stubborn and trying to complete those missions with great rewards that were marked as "easy" or "trivial" and getting owned and using many medkits.. Now i will continue farming if possible those easy rewards on lightning tourneys. Great thing about this forum is that just as i started playing this game few days ago, i noticed to NEVER spend hero points on anything else except roster room. So far i have 9 heroes and i still see i need at least 5 more places.. icon_e_biggrin.gif too bad i cant spend IP points on medkits.. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Pleefs
    Pleefs Posts: 122
    Options
    Zathrus wrote:
    I try to skip replaying missions if possible, but when i unlock a mission to get 50heroe points or covers, i cannot ignore them.

Thanks for answers! I acted foolish, but being stubborn and trying to complete those missions with great rewards that were marked as "easy" or "trivial" and getting owned and using many medkits.. Now i will continue farming if possible those easy rewards on lightning tourneys. Great thing about this forum is that just as i started playing this game few days ago, i noticed to NEVER spend hero points on anything else except roster room. So far i have 9 heroes and i still see i need at least 5 more places.. icon_e_biggrin.gif too bad i cant spend IP points on medkits.. icon_e_sad.gif

Don't let "Hard" or "Impossible" missions put you off. While they can be more difficult, they can be doable. Remember that you can use boosts, and with the right boosts and the right team, you can still pull off wins. Of course, if the level difference is too great, the problem will be in the hit points and damage output of the opponents.