Loki needs immediate attention. buff him more for PVP

Loki is unimpressive and situational. He is the weakest of the weak. His abilities perform identically at level 40 as they do at 210. Although he has more hit points as featured character, they arent much. Other characters with low hit points have much better abilities, with at least one that scale with level.

But then again, I suppose it doesnt matter if I use Daken or Hood and Sentry.

Comments

• Listen to the man.
    Q: when do you use loki?
    A: when fighting a lvl 400 daken + 400 bullseye + other random strike/protect tile user while paired with own patch.)

(Only 1 correct answer)
  • There's no ROI in creating a third power for Loki. You're wasting your time.
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Listen to the man.
    A: when fighting a lvl 400 daken + 400 bullseye + other random strike/protect tile user while paired with own patch.)

(Only 1 correct answer)

If you don't want to cheese your way through pve content by using cmag or any other perma stun character leading to out of control scaling, I find loki's board shakeup very useful when paired with modern storm and a strike tile generator. I found that it was a pretty good team up to avoid taking damage against high level pve enemies without using boosts and not just daken/bullseye.
  • kidicarus wrote:
    Listen to the man.

(Only 1 correct answer)

If you don't want to cheese your way through pve content by using cmag or any other perma stun character leading to out of control scaling, I find loki's board shakeup very useful when paired with modern storm and a strike tile generator. I found that it was a pretty good team up to avoid taking damage against high level pve enemies without using boosts and not just daken/bullseye.

I exaggerated a tad I'll admot, but so should you that his uses are far underwhelming compared to the rest of the roster (very few exceptions)
  • A cool ability would be

Elemental Conversion
    6 Blue 1/5 Steals up to 1 red, 1 yellow, and 1 green from opponent and converts it into an equal amount of Blue, Black, and Purple, Respectively
    7 Blue 2/5 Steals up to 2 red, 2 yellow, and 2 green from opponent and converts it into an equal amount of Blue, Black, and Purple, Respectively
    8 Blue 3/5 Steals up to 3 red, 3 yellow, and 3 green from opponent and converts it into an equal amount of Blue, Black, and Purple, Respectively
    10 Blue 4/5 Steals up to 3 of each color from opponent, converting red, yellow, and green into an equal amount of Blue, Black, and Purple, Respectively
    11 Blue 5/5 Steals up to 4 of each color from opponent, converting red, yellow, and green into an equal amount of Blue, Black, and Purple, Respectively
  • FaerieMyst
    FaerieMyst Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    I really like Loki but he is a limited use character so even more likely to just get sidelined even in his own PVP.

The black is a great power but the cost is too high to be practical. The pink is under-appreciated but is an excellent board disruptor.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    After I got the new Loki covers from the She-Hulk PVP, I leveled him up with whatever ISO I had. Then later what you said dawned on me, the same effects no matter how high a level he is. Even leveled up, his health isn't the best. And if he's the only one left, he can't do anything to defend himself anyway.

So I started using my ISO on the Falcon in anticipation of Top Gun, since I recently got a couple more covers for him and hadn't leveled him up yet. I suppose someday I'll go back to leveling up Loki, but he won't be a priority while I have other/better ISO options (Lazy Thor, Punisher, Psylocke, etc).
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    There's no ROI in creating a third power for Loki. You're wasting your time.

What are you talking about? It is more covers that people can buy. Instead of having an event where they need to create an entirely new character, that can just give an existing character a new ability. They need to do this with all the 3* characters with two abilities and raise their max level to 166.
  • rooter wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:
    There's no ROI in creating a third power for Loki. You're wasting your time.

What are you talking about? It is more covers that people can buy. Instead of having an event where they need to create an entirely new character, that can just give an existing character a new ability. They need to do this with all the 3* characters with two abilities and raise their max level to 166.

There's much more money in rebranding a character and introducing 15 new covers that need to be chased after (see: Lazy Dakan).
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    There's much more money in rebranding a character and introducing 15 new covers that need to be chased after (see: Lazy Dakan).

True, but they could add a third power to Loki/Rags/Doom IN ADDITION to creating new characters. They shove the third power out during a week there isn't going to be a new character, make it good enough people will want to take it to 5 covers, and make it widely available exactly once before people have to pump HP into it.

The really evil thing to do is to basically give it to everybody, run an event where the character is super-boosted and the power makes a huge difference and there's a highly-desired reward, but not put it in packs until after the event is over.
  • Ahh but now we are in the difference between "no ROI" and much more money.

Even a throwaway ability that is truly awful and underwhelming and in no way unbalancing would help these characters out. There would be minimal art to produce especially for heroes who at one point had a third ability (like loki).

Loki has popularity in the marvel universe, the amount of time it would take demiurge to add a third power onto him would be minimal and if it makes him ~usable~ then many would still spend to bring him up to speed. If a third power would make him good or great, even more would.

So if we compare the amount of time it would take to give him a third power to the amount of time it would take the devs to make a whole new char from scratch then I think the ROI might be just as high or higher even if an entirely new character may have a higher net return.

My pockets are not so deep I would start buying covers for a 1/1/1. I bet people would pay for a third power on a character they are already invested in, If I were one of the devs I would be itching to try implementing a third power on an old character just as an experiment to see if people will spend to bring them up to fighting speed. The idea is low investment and full of potential and if it works they have 2 more 3* they can roll out in a similar fashion.

If we do want to treat it as an experiment release a third loki power at the exact same time as a brand new character and actually see where the money flows.
  • All you need to do is look at Dakan and see how much they care about old characters. They could have easily added that ("new") third power to the 2* Dakan and helped beef him up to make him a more viable 2* character. The lack of (multiple) viable 2* characters has been an issue forever.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    All you need to do is look at Dakan and see how much they care about old characters. They could have easily added that ("new") third power to the 2* Dakan and helped beef him up to make him a more viable 2* character. The lack of (multiple) viable 2* characters has been an issue forever.

It is possible, but D3 are lazy and they obviously have no interest in making existing characters any better.

OBW was given a 3rd power (espionage) after she was released. Was Spidey given a purple power after his release also?
  • honestly...quick money with huge ROI would be to go as lazy as adding in a 3rd ability that is passive. They don't even have to add in new graphics....just a pop up like OBW's Espionage or The Hood's Dormammu's Aid. Though giving 2* Daken a 3rd ability that is passive would make him the most passive aggressive guy in the roster....BOOOYAAA!
  • Opportunity for
    Loki (Female) or Loki (Scarlet Witch). How far away are we from that?
  • MikeHock wrote:

OBW was given a 3rd power (espionage) after she was released. Was Spidey given a purple power after his release also?

Yes, (C. Mags was also given a third power) but that was pre-Lazy era.

Once they realized they could create totally new characters (and thus create pressure on the user to expand roster size) with such minimal amount of work, it was all over.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    MikeHock wrote:

Yes, (C. Mags was also given a third power) but that was pre-Lazy era.

Once they realized they could create totally new characters (and thus create pressure on the user to expand roster size) with such minimal amount of work, it was all over.

OBW had 3 powers when she was released. We were told that the third power was not ready yet so it was not released.
    Spider Man, Classic Magneto, and Hood all obtained their third power at the same time. Spider Sense, Magnetic Translocation, and Intimidation. They were released within 3-4 weeks of launch (hmmm. pre-launch?)
  • Unknown
    edited July 2014
    10/23/2013
    Spider Man, Classic Magneto, and The Hood given 3rd Power
    http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=118

11/15/2013
    OBW Released (Espionage Coming Soon)
    http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=701

11/25/2013
    OBW Espionage Released
    http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=935
  • Ahh but now we are in the difference between "no ROI" and much more money.

Even a throwaway ability that is truly awful and underwhelming and in no way unbalancing would help these characters out. There would be minimal art to produce especially for heroes who at one point had a third ability (like loki).

Loki has popularity in the marvel universe, the amount of time it would take demiurge to add a third power onto him would be minimal and if it makes him ~usable~ then many would still spend to bring him up to speed. If a third power would make him good or great, even more would.

So if we compare the amount of time it would take to give him a third power to the amount of time it would take the devs to make a whole new char from scratch then I think the ROI might be just as high or higher even if an entirely new character may have a higher net return.

My pockets are not so deep I would start buying covers for a 1/1/1. I bet people would pay for a third power on a character they are already invested in, If I were one of the devs I would be itching to try implementing a third power on an old character just as an experiment to see if people will spend to bring them up to fighting speed. The idea is low investment and full of potential and if it works they have 2 more 3* they can roll out in a similar fashion.

If we do want to treat it as an experiment release a third loki power at the exact same time as a brand new character and actually see where the money flows.

They wouldn't sell roster slots though. Personally I find covers extremely over priced, so I never buy them, but have added funds for roster slots on a few occasions.
  • Who cares about the ROI here? Really, it's the fact that it's something 1 person could do in a day. 5 characters could get easy fixes and give us way more variety. Not doing it just makes them seem disconnected and uncaring. It's been an issue for so long and it's an issue they keep over thinking and over complicating when so many veteran players know how easy it could be.