Upcoming Change: Character Level Shift

1111213141517»

Comments

• Not sure if anyone realized. This is just the second step to boost health pack sales after True Healing.

Higher level = Higher health cap = Longer time to fully heal

Take LThor as an example.

LV 141: 8700 health = 362.5 minutes = 6 hours 2 minutes 30 seconds
    LV 166: 10200 health = 425 minutes = 7 hours 5 minutes

Net gain = 1500 health = 62.5 minutes = 1 hour 2 minutes 30 seconds
    New Healing Rates

- 2* characters regain 18 health/minute (1.5x faster)
    - 3* characters regain 24 health/minute (2x faster)
    - 4* characters regain 30 health/minute (2.5x faster)
    - Characters with significant regenerative powers: Wolverine, Daken, Spider-Man, Hulk, and She-Hulk regain health at double the rate.
  • The bigger impact is that all battles you fight are against those increased enemies who deal more damage until you win.
  • power damage, especially strike tile strength has increased relative to the new health gains. i'm actually killing 10k health thor's faster than i use to kill 8.7k ones.
  • h4n1s
    h4n1s Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    yet another tourney, yet another Top 50, yet another 3* cover. I like those recent changes, here's why:

- before True healing I encountered mainly OBW plus tank (Thor/Ares..) - now it's not the case, rosters are pretty varying, therefore more fun
    - before Level shift I was able to utilize mainly my 2* topped characters - now it is for me OK to even bring up my X-Force (good health, good tile damage) currently lvl 162 or Hulk who by shift finally landed in 100+ lvl characters and so makes worthy opponent
    - Level shift also increased the health bank of my characters, so I can run 3 or more fights in a row with Hulk or Thor without need of health packs just by using good strategy (looking at opponents AP pool, guessing which of their abilities is most likely to be triggered and putting selected character in front to take the damage) - therefore it mitigated potential negative impact of the True healing
    - before True healing, everyone grinded, now people tend to choose their opponents more wisely, so I don't get much attacked anymore

those changes totally work for my gameplay.

I have to admit though, that I am casual player - 2-3 hours a day tops, spread in the morning and evening and I am far of having my roster maxed.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Baltias wrote:
    Not sure if anyone realized. This is just the second step to boost health pack sales after True Healing.

Higher level = Higher health cap = Longer time to fully heal

Take LThor as an example.

LV 141: 8700 health = 362.5 minutes = 6 hours 2 minutes 30 seconds
    LV 166: 10200 health = 425 minutes = 7 hours 5 minutes

Net gain = 1500 health = 62.5 minutes = 1 hour 2 minutes 30 seconds
    New Healing Rates

- 2* characters regain 18 health/minute (1.5x faster)
    - 3* characters regain 24 health/minute (2x faster)
    - 4* characters regain 30 health/minute (2.5x faster)
    - Characters with significant regenerative powers: Wolverine, Daken, Spider-Man, Hulk, and She-Hulk regain health at double the rate.

Pre True-Heal + Lvl Shift:
    LThor 8700 health @ 12/minute = 725 minutes = 12hr 5min

Post True Heal + Lvl Shift:
    LThor 10200 health @ 24/minute = 425 minutes = 7hr 5 min

Looks like the combination of the two cut 5 hrs off the refresh time. (true heal cut it in half, lvl shift tacked back on 1:02:30 you indicate)

Net effect of the two changes is a positive, but you still need a health pack either way unless you're done for the night.
  • Pre True-Heal + Lvl Shift:
    LThor 8700 health @ 12/minute = 725 minutes = 12hr 5min

Post True Heal + Lvl Shift:
    LThor 10200 health @ 24/minute = 425 minutes = 7hr 5 min

Looks like the combination of the two cut 5 hrs off the refresh time. (true heal cut it in half, lvl shift tacked back on 1:02:30 you indicate)

Net effect of the two changes is a positive, but you still need a health pack either way unless you're done for the night.

If we conveniently ignore that with unruined healing you could heal up in that 5 min netting downside of 7 hours...
  • Anyone else notice how dead the forums have been since the True Healing and Level Shift changes?

Side note, still waiting to hear back from IceIX on whether they were able to get the stats data together so people like me and Nonce can update our stuff for people.
  • h4n1s wrote:
    yet another tourney, yet another Top 50, yet another 3* cover. I like those recent changes, here's why:

- before True healing I encountered mainly OBW plus tank (Thor/Ares..) - now it's not the case, rosters are pretty varying, therefore more fun
    - before Level shift I was able to utilize mainly my 2* topped characters - now it is for me OK to even bring up my X-Force (good health, good tile damage) currently lvl 162 or Hulk who by shift finally landed in 100+ lvl characters and so makes worthy opponent
    - Level shift also increased the health bank of my characters, so I can run 3 or more fights in a row with Hulk or Thor without need of health packs just by using good strategy (looking at opponents AP pool, guessing which of their abilities is most likely to be triggered and putting selected character in front to take the damage) - therefore it mitigated potential negative impact of the True healing
    - before True healing, everyone grinded, now people tend to choose their opponents more wisely, so I don't get much attacked anymore

those changes totally work for my gameplay.

I have to admit though, that I am casual player - 2-3 hours a day tops, spread in the morning and evening and I am far of having my roster maxed.

My experience has be the polar opposite of yours.

- Before True Healing I'd see a mix of tanks and damage dealers. Now that lower health, pure damage characters are so exposed, 4 teams in every 5 are running at least one tank, often 2.
    - Before Level Shift my 85s and under-covered 3* were competitive. The increased health and damage due to level shift has increased the gap between my top characters and the rest.
    - Level Shift added as much to my opponents damage as it did my own health, so my characters are getting smashed after 1 or 2 rounds.
    - If I keep Hulk in my group I get attacked less. If I don't, all those people that are choosing their fights carefully pick me, so I lose almost as much as I did before. All without the ability to make up those points through a solid hour and a half grind.

But most of all, I'd play for 2-3 hours tops as well, but usually on end. The most grating part of these changes is that I can't do that anymore.
  • Unknown
    edited July 2014
    bloodwars wrote:
    power damage, especially strike tile strength has increased relative to the new health gains. i'm actually killing 10k health thor's faster than i use to kill 8.7k ones.
    Are you using a 3* team?
    Anyone else notice how dead the forums have been since the True Healing and Level Shift changes?

Side note, still waiting to hear back from IceIX on whether they were able to get the stats data together so people like me and Nonce can update our stuff for people.
    Devs don't communicate with the player base on their forum anymore. They don't comment on suggestions. Also, this forum is really bare bones. No avatars, no mobile version, only one eye-scorching white theme. These are just basic features a forum should have imo. Many players on the forum are quitting cos they are either burnt out or they are players who transitioned into 3* zone and don't like they suddenly decided to release a 2* once in a blue moon or they just don't see anymore progression. Other people quit because they are tired of the grind to get a 1 3* char or one cover out of thirteen. Also, what you said. Some recent changes might have pushed limits of some people.
  • I am in the transition from 2 - 3* and did ok in PVP, but since the character changes PVP is almost unplayable for me now. I had my highest 3* characters around 115 and was getting fair matches using my max 2* most of the time.

Now with the changes all i really get max 166 rosters with mine now at 135. I just can't compete with my roster.

I liked the idea for variety in PVP matches, they are just not fun anymore. A game is suppose to be fun not work.
  • Anyone else notice how dead the forums have been since the True Healing and Level Shift changes?

It would make sense if the game is slowly dying. Instead of focusing their efforts on finding ways to engage the playerbase and increase the fun level, they spend all their time finding ways to nickel and dime the playerbase and implementing changes like these.

True Healing and Level Shift, even if they turn out net-positive, seem like a waste of dev resources compared to bugs, character balance, fixing MMR, and incorporating reliable anti-cheat.

It would make sense if the game is slowly dying.

Or you know... Summer. Hits every year. Always seems to take gamers a while to notice that. And that activity for every game pretty much goes down.
  • Just tried some PVP, the bumped levels of the opponents shell out MUCH more damage than ever before (or I have a long series of **** boards + insane cascades). Good job balancing loss of heal with gaining more pain.