*** She-Hulk (Modern) ***

Comments

• Aren't the bottom rows some of the best rows to destroy considering that lone tiles are usually the ones that fall to the bottom? I know when I place tiles, I'm usually doing it in the bottom corners (assuming there are no like-colored tiles in the vicinity).
  • Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    Phantron wrote:
    The selection of tiles is random, and 'balance in your favor' only refers to the end result, not the selection of the tiles. The selection of tiles can easily be not in your favor. You should only use the blue when the enemy has all the special tiles. If you want to remove just one special tile, Peacemaker is almost always better.

I can't figure out if red destroys the tile in the same pattern or not, but at level 1 it seems pretty similar to just destroying the bottom row, which is tied with the top row as the worst row to destroy in the game. I don't know how the higher level will affect the tile destruction, but if it's mostly concentreated on the bottom row then it's not very good at all.
    IceIX wrote:
    gamar wrote:
    If the Red just eliminates the bottom two rows at level five, it seems like it gets considerably worse going from 4 -> 5. There's less board shake-up
    It can eliminate from the bottom 4 rows, and does so in "spikes". So you could see one column have the bottom 3 of it taken out, another the bottom 1, another 4. Something like:

oooooooo
    oooooxoo
    oxoxoxoo
    xxoxoxox
    xxxxxxox

It results in quite a bit of board shake-up, since columns falling is the mathematically "best" way of causing cascades.

Looks like there's a fair bit of randomness in what tiles it destroys and my in game experience confirms this.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    Aren't the bottom rows some of the best rows to destroy considering that lone tiles are usually the ones that fall to the bottom? I know when I place tiles, I'm usually doing it in the bottom corners (assuming there are no like-colored tiles in the vicinity).

The bottom tiles are the best destroy, but the bottom row is the worst row to destroy. Tiles at the bottom lead to the greatest movement, but the row at the bottom has the least movement relative to other rows. When the bottom row is destroyed, the only cascade opportunity is between the former top row and the newly generated top row, and that's it. Any other row besides top/bottom row has extra cascading opportuity formed by the row above and below the row that was destroyed. For against the AI, they make no attempt to place tiles at the bottom corner so it doesn't matter there, though it'd hurt if you're playing someone who can place special tiles against She-Hulk, but I can only think fo Captain America that can place tiles anywhere.

It seems like most of the tiles destroyed at lower level is concentrated on the bottom row based on empirical observation. With additional tiles destroy they'd be spread out more, which will lead to a better cascade, but I don't have the ability high enough to see what the higher tile destruction pattern looks like.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    The way he described it, it was like bottom row, and then higher levels of red started shooting spikes up. Maybe one of the whales can check it?
  • Polares wrote:
    - Playing with Patch -> You cast Berseker Rage and create 5 good / 5 bad 148 tiles, then you call Settlement and you leave the field with 3 139 and 2 148 strike tiles in your team and 3 44 and 2 148 on the other team, so 713 vs 428
    - Playing against Patch -> The same. Even better because the other team paid the activation cost of BR.
    - Playing with UDaken -> You could change 3 of your 57 strike tiles for 3 139 strike tiles, so 171 vs 417
    - Playing with Punisher -> You could change 3 of your 104 strike tiles for 3 139 strike tiles, so 312 vs 417
    - Playing against Punisher -> You change 3 104 strike tiles for 3 44, so 312 vs 132
    i think you got it wrong.
    it will change only 3 tiles, not 3 tiles from both sides.. so:

- Playing with Patch -> You cast Berseker Rage and create 5 good / 5 bad 148 tiles, then you call Settlement and it can be 3-7 tiles for your team and 7-3 for enemy team
    - Playing against Punisher -> if there no other special tiles you'll get 2 tiles for 139 and enemy 1 for 44
    and etc
    PS. sadly that they removed those fun scream from her red/green icon_e_sad.gif
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    deadlylol wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    - Playing with Patch -> You cast Berseker Rage and create 5 good / 5 bad 148 tiles, then you call Settlement and you leave the field with 3 139 and 2 148 strike tiles in your team and 3 44 and 2 148 on the other team, so 713 vs 428
    - Playing against Patch -> The same. Even better because the other team paid the activation cost of BR.
    - Playing with UDaken -> You could change 3 of your 57 strike tiles for 3 139 strike tiles, so 171 vs 417
    - Playing with Punisher -> You could change 3 of your 104 strike tiles for 3 139 strike tiles, so 312 vs 417
    - Playing against Punisher -> You change 3 104 strike tiles for 3 44, so 312 vs 132
    i think you got it wrong.
    it will change only 3 tiles, not 3 tiles from both sides.. so:

- Playing with Patch -> You cast Berseker Rage and create 5 good / 5 bad 148 tiles, then you call Settlement and it can be 3-7 tiles for your team and 7-3 for enemy team
    - Playing against Punisher -> if there no other special tiles you'll get 2 tiles for 139 and enemy 1 for 44
    and etc
    PS. sadly that they removed those fun scream from her red/green icon_e_sad.gif

Uep, you are right, my mistake, I thought that at level 5 it was 3 tiles in each team, but it is just 3 tiles in TOTAL.

All my hard work for nothing icon_cry.gif
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Is it just me or has the audio for Power of Attorney been changed? Less shrieking but grunting.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Marty17 wrote:
    Is it just me or has the audio for Power of Attorney been changed? Less shrieking but grunting.

No, I also noticed this for her two other abilities. Stealth nerf! RAAAAAGE! (Or Anger, whatever)
  • I noticed it too. I really dislike the new audio, it is so generic. I really hope they change it back. It Might be strange but it was what I liked most about her.
  • almost same, i enjoyed play with her in every node in pve only cuz of sounds, even when i could use punisher, those screams was so cute icon_e_biggrin.gif hope they return them
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does it seem wrong to anyone else that the tiles she destroys with her red skill don't do any damage? Is she the only character to destroy tiles without doing damage for them? I think even Moonstone adds tile damage when destroying a tile with Gravity Manipulation with no enemy special tiles on the board.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Comparison of nukes. Her red isn't that bad.

397 damage per AP -- World Rupture -- 174x16 = 2784 for 7 green. Hurts allies. Magnifies strike tiles. Counter. Board shakeup.
    309 damage per AP -- Rage of the Panther -- 3708 for 12 black.
    292 damage per AP -- Supernova -- 1391 + 7x261 = 3218 for 11 red. Hurts allies. Board shakeup.
    205 damage per AP -- Sniper Rifle -- 3912 for 19 green. Board shakeup.
    182 damage per AP -- Power of Attorney -- 1644 for 9 red. Board shakeup.
    161 damage per AP -- Call the Storm -- 2259 for 14 green. And 2259 to target.
    156 damage per AP -- Ballistic Salvo -- 3130 for 20 blue. Drains AP.
    111 damage per AP -- Molotov Cocktail -- 783 for 7 black. Makes attack tiles.
  • Shouldn't you be adding all the damage first than dividing by AP?

LT and GSBW have a pronounced uneven distribution of damage.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards

397 damage per AP -- World Rupture -- 174x16 = 2784 for 7 green. Hurts allies. Magnifies strike tiles. Counter. Board shakeup.
    292 damage per AP -- Supernova -- 1391 + 7x261 = 3218 for 11 red. Hurts allies. Board shakeup.

Mm but this is not exactly right. As a reference :

1194 damage per AP -- World Rupture does 2784 x 3 = 8352
    927 damage per AP -- Rage of the Panther does 11124
    645 damage per AP -- Call the storm does 9036
    617 damage per AP -- Snipper rifle does 11736
    548 damage per AP -- Power of Attorney does 4932
    469 damage per AP -- Ballisitc Salvo does 9390

And if you use total damage you can now compare with other powers like for example

361 damage per AP -- Fireball does 2891 for 8 red
    312 damage per AP -- Star-Spangled Avenger does 3439 for 11 red
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    The ai with her blue is terrible. I know the ai is always bad, but when your team is the only one with strike/attack/shield tiles you really shouldn't be converting them. This is bagman raising your own countdown tiles bad.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Ryz-aus wrote:
    The ai with her blue is terrible. I know the ai is always bad, but when your team is the only one with strike/attack/shield tiles you really shouldn't be converting them. This is bagman raising your own countdown tiles bad.
    There are situations were her blue can help your own special tiles, like say falcon's purple (weak protect tiles) or latvarian terrain (weak att tiles) or even Udaken (She hulk can provide better Strike tile strength).
  • Did they change She-Hulk's portrait a little? She no longer has the blindfold thingy that she was holding before.
  • Polares wrote:

Mm but this is not exactly right. As a reference :

1194 damage per AP -- World Rupture does 2784 x 3 = 8352
    927 damage per AP -- Rage of the Panther does 11124
    645 damage per AP -- Call the storm does 9036
    617 damage per AP -- Snipper rifle does 11736
    548 damage per AP -- Power of Attorney does 4932
    469 damage per AP -- Ballisitc Salvo does 9390

And if you use total damage you can now compare with other powers like for example

361 damage per AP -- Fireball does 2891 for 8 red
    312 damage per AP -- Star-Spangled Avenger does 3439 for 11 red

But you are forgetting that not only does PoA do the damage, but it has the cascade/board shake-up possibility as well. Just comparing raw damage isn't fair as the other factors to the puzzle aren't given their chance at making their argument. Now, factor in the rest of each of these abilities, and the smoke starts to clear a bit as to each powers usefulness in a given situation. And when you say comparing total damage, then you are most assuredly not calculating the possible after effect damage of powers like World Rupture, Sniper Rifle & Power of Attorney. These powers have the most potential for overall damage due to their board shake-up/manipulation possibilities. Granted, She-hulks is the weakest of the board shake-ups in terms of damage, but you can never discount the ability of a power that does more than damage. And factor in what each of the powers has in the way of negatives, and you really start to see that for 9 red, her power is actually more efficient than a lot of the other powers listed. Sentry has the title for damage versus AP spent, but there is the extra cost of it hurting your own team as well, which most would agree is worth it, but there is still that negative to the cost to offset the high damage/Low AP cost. The same goes for BP. He has a higher damage to AP cost as well as the negative side effect of giving AP to your opponent. Now you have to factor in who your opponent is using. Will that 5 AP be enough for the enemy Sentry to pop Super Nova and wipe out your entire team? Who knows, but each of the powers that have cheap AP costs for the huge damage they do also have a negative side to them. Power of Attorney is in the class of powers that you can feel save about using as soon as you get the AP for it. You don't have to sit there and wonder, "is this a good time to use this, or should I wait?" Or, "I can use it now, but what are my downsides?" Her power has no downsides to it. It has a reasonable cost, and there are no negative side effects other than you might destroy some of your own strike/protect tiles, but you would probably do that anyway. I am not saying her power is "A" tier by any means, but it is far from being the worst powers in the game.
  • I think the green should drain up to 24 total AP on the opponent from a random combination of color. It'll pick a random color, drain up to 24 AP and then pick another one if it doesn't get enough. Why 24? Becuase if it stole 12 AP that's a 24 AP turn around, and using 12 AP to steal 12 AP is basically Bewilderment range. There will still be no guaranteed on getting anything valuable but at 24 total that should have a good chance to stop whatever the other side was trying to do. Honestly for 12 green AP you can do like drain 75% of all AP and it wouldn't really be overpowered consider for 2 more green AP, you can often get the equivalent of draining all their AP by killing the other team.
  • Phantron wrote:
    I think the green should drain up to 24 total AP on the opponent from a random combination of color. It'll pick a random color, drain up to 24 AP and then pick another one if it doesn't get enough. Why 24? Becuase if it stole 12 AP that's a 24 AP turn around, and using 12 AP to steal 12 AP is basically Bewilderment range. There will still be no guaranteed on getting anything valuable but at 24 total that should have a good chance to stop whatever the other side was trying to do. Honestly for 12 green AP you can do like drain 75% of all AP and it wouldn't really be overpowered consider for 2 more green AP, you can often get the equivalent of draining all their AP by killing the other team.

You mean it would not stop at all until sink 24, possibly emptying the AP pool completely? That would work as a non-joke ability indeed unlike the current one. With just 2 random colors most chance is it does nothing worth noticing.