*** She-Hulk (Modern) ***

Comments

• She's completely useless in current PvE

BWO and punshier do everything.
  • bruceway wrote:
    She's completely useless in current PvE

I did manage to have her switch out a Sentry Sacrifice strike tile and sometimes her red can destroy enemy tiles...

But yeah Punisher OBW & A.Wolverine carry the event and eat up the health packs
  • bruceway wrote:

I win all the matches thanks to her. She is everything but useless.
  • arktos1971 wrote:
    bruceway wrote:

Your roster must be really bad cause wolv, pun, obw, DD do work. She hulk is a waste of my roster space lol and she sounds ridiculous... Won't be investing a single iso in her.
  • 3uphoria wrote:
    arktos1971 wrote:
    bruceway wrote:

Your roster must be really bad cause wolv, pun, obw, DD do work. She hulk is a waste of my roster space lol and she sounds ridiculous... Won't be investing a single iso in her.

Hmm actually Arktos has one of the best rosters....I'm sure he found a use for him since he probably has it maxed. Also,most heros arent bad when they are maxed with PVe full boost.
  • The problem with She-Hulk in this event is two-fold.

1) As noted in other threads, unless a player has bought covers for her, her powers are substandard to her normal level of potential. As always, this is normal for a 3***, as characters are designed to be severely **** with less than 3 in a given color's power. Settlement needs at least 3 in blue to grant 2 strike tiles for the player to be worth 9 blue, and PoA needs 3 in red to provide any significant cascade potential for 9 red. In most situations, 9 blue Is better spent on a OBW AGD rune/countdown timer add and 9 red is either Punisher's Retribution or fueling Wolvie's Feral Claws / Adamantium Slash.

2) Even with Top 5 2/1/1 covers from the last PvE, She-Hulk only is level 120 boosted. With the team that is really carrying the load in this event Punisher/OBW/X; Punisher at 171 will take green and red from She-Hulk, and OBW at 125 will take blue from her as well. So, even with her buffed 7400 health and passive regeneration, she isn't tanking ANY colors at all. So, she's just sitting there in the back row of the party the entire time and never gets to the frontline to wield her psychotic grin and actually tank damage.

I'm perplexed in this event honestly. For veterans, she is a useless character (is this intentionally by design through the limited roster choice?). For newer accounts, she is a godsend, as she is pulling in serious work and regenerating at a ridiculous clip. (In the few instances where I could place her in a party to tank a color and take damage, she is regenerating out of combat at an effective 11 health / 5 second tick with event boost, or 132 health/minute).
  • Lyrian wrote:
    The problem with She-Hulk in this event is two-fold.

1) As noted in other threads, unless a player has bought covers for her, her powers are substandard to her normal level of potential. As always, this is normal for a 3***, as characters are designed to be severely **** with less than 3 in a given color's power. Settlement needs at least 3 in blue to grant 2 strike tiles for the player to be worth 9 blue, and PoA needs 3 in red to provide any significant cascade potential for 9 red. In most situations, 9 blue Is better spent on a OBW AGD rune/countdown timer add and 9 red is either Punisher's Retribution or fueling Wolvie's Feral Claws / Adamantium Slash.

2) Even with Top 5 2/1/1 covers from the last PvE, She-Hulk only is level 120 boosted. With the team that is really carrying the load in this event Punisher/OBW/X; Punisher at 171 will take green and red from She-Hulk, and OBW at 125 will take blue from her as well. So, even with her buffed 7400 health and passive regeneration, she isn't tanking ANY colors at all. So, she's just sitting there in the back row of the party the entire time and never gets to the frontline to wield her psychotic grin and actually tank damage.

I'm perplexed in this event honestly. For veterans, she is a useless character (is this intentionally by design through the limited roster choice?). For newer accounts, she is a godsend, as she is pulling in serious work and regenerating at a ridiculous clip. (In the few instances where I could place her in a party to tank a color and take damage, she is regenerating out of combat at an effective 11 health / 5 second tick with event boost, or 132 health/minute).

In events like this the inclusion of a required character is more to reward the top 10% in the last event as opposed to actually expecting the new character to do anything important. I mean you could have Thor in her place and he likely won't get much done at 2/1/1 either in this lineup.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    Lyrian wrote:
    The problem with She-Hulk in this event is two-fold.

In events like this the inclusion of a required character is more to reward the top 10% in the last event as opposed to actually expecting the new character to do anything important. I mean you could have Thor in her place and he likely won't get much done at 2/1/1 either in this lineup.
    Does this lineup actually have a yellow user?
  • If you really want a yellow power, you can always bring Bagman icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Lyrian wrote:
    OBW at 125 will take blue from her as well.

Play without OBW. Nowadays miss Romanova is too squishy for any non goon missions.
    Lyrian wrote:
    For veterans, she is a useless character

Nope. I have a lot fun play with her. Even with 2/1/1 build. Great character for many situations.
    3uphoria wrote:
    arktos1971 wrote:
    bruceway wrote:

It's quote of the day. icon_lol.gif

Ark, you must immediately start to upgrade your roster. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • I have been using her this PVE and I find her to be a good soft counter for 2*Daken, and will probably be a good counter for UDaken. (probably more so when you get her blue to 5)

Focus on matching blue (to trigger health loss from heat) and every 3 match of blue you take away 3 of Daken's attack tiles and make them your own (2 yourself and a weak one for the daken). She might be not as effective as Hulk as a daken counter but good nevertheless.

In addition her regen speed is incredible which really helps saving Health packs.
  • I've found that Shulkie and OBW are an incredibly useful duo against Sentry. I just save up my blue AP and see what he fires off first - if it's Sacrifice, She Hulk takes his tile and makes it worthless, but if it's World Rupture, OBW buys me enough time to kill him and/or wipe out his countdowns.

I've been saving Sentry for last because he's pretty neutered against those two. Of course, outside of this tournament I'll never run those two on a team together and a human-run Sentry would make short work of them anyway, but that's beside the point.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't think she has any real use outside of countering LazyDaken but even if you wanted to do that, you would need to structure your team so that you didn't have any special tile guys either. The character just seems very poor in general.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    She could be a good anti Sentry or anti Punisher too, and when maxed she could be a good pair with Patch (139 vs 148 it is not bad, and the other team strike tiles get screwed). Her green is not bad, but there are so many good green powers that this one is not good enough so 5/3/5

But as most of you say, she won't be of any use until you get her red or her blue to five. It is always the same with the first event after they release a new character, they always are underpowered.
  • Reading through the thread didn't make me wiser. I agree with the people who put her on the bench next to DD. Health and regen is something but we know you win games having good abilities really.

Blue ability is a joke going for random spec tiles so will hunt your own stuff, and if you play without special tiles (sounds bad enough already) will hunt your on the next use. And does puny effect for lot of material.

Green: AP handling worse than even psy, heal at low level to count even in old system, completely suckks in new and uses ton of a color you use for better things.

Red: this is not bad, could even call good, but not anything amazing. I'd compare it to molotov. It would rock if put to purple or yellow, but red will make it likely overlap. The amount of team damage may look much on paper but will not kill a single character over there met on defense hardly a thing to call crippling even if it goes off. Even with new healing rules.

Sure I would not complain about red if it was one of 3 useful abilities but as the only one? To run a character for a single ability it need be a game over one or at least able to down any single character over there.

Anyone care to prove me wrong?
  • Polares
    pasa_ wrote:
    Reading through the thread didn't make me wiser. I agree with the people who put her on the bench next to DD. Health and regen is something but we know you win games having good abilities really.

Blue ability is a joke going for random spec tiles so will hunt your own stuff, and if you play without special tiles (sounds bad enough already) will hunt your on the next use. And does puny effect for lot of material.

Green: AP handling worse than even psy, heal at low level to count even in old system, completely suckks in new and uses ton of a color you use for better things.

Red: this is not bad, could even call good, but not anything amazing. I'd compare it to molotov. It would rock if put to purple or yellow, but red will make it likely overlap. The amount of team damage may look much on paper but will not kill a single character over there met on defense hardly a thing to call crippling even if it goes off. Even with new healing rules.

Sure I would not complain about red if it was one of 3 useful abilities but as the only one? To run a character for a single ability it need be a game over one or at least able to down any single character over there.

Anyone care to prove me wrong?

I think you are being too tough with her blue, imagine some use case scenarios:

- Playing with Patch -> You cast Berseker Rage and create 5 good / 5 bad 148 tiles, then you call Settlement and you leave the field with 3 139 and 2 148 strike tiles in your team and 3 44 and 2 148 on the other team, so 713 vs 428
    - Playing against Patch -> The same. Even better because the other team paid the activation cost of BR.
    - Playing with UDaken -> You could change 3 of your 57 strike tiles for 3 139 strike tiles, so 171 vs 417
    - Playing with Punisher -> You could change 3 of your 104 strike tiles for 3 139 strike tiles, so 312 vs 417
    - Playing against Punisher -> You change 3 104 strike tiles for 3 44, so 312 vs 132

It will neutralize Falcon yellow, Sentry uber strike tile, it could be useful against goons in PvE, etc.

It is not the greatest blue power in the world but it is not bad, and if Magneto Blue is hit hard in the future it will get better icon_razz.gif

PS: I am assuming that if one team has strike tiles and the other don't you will only change your strike tiles.
  • Polares wrote:
    - Playing with Patch -> You cast Berseker Rage and create 5 good / 5 bad 148 tiles, then you call Settlement and you leave the field with 3 139 and 2 148 strike tiles in your team and 3 44 and 2 148 on the other team, so 713 vs 428
    - Playing against Patch -> The same. Even better because the other team paid the activation cost of BR.

Isn't random mean it will just take 2 of my good tiles for conversion and leave the bad ones? Especially if I managed to use other means to turn the table in my favor? Even with neutral selection it kills one bad one good for 9 -- I'd go with Steve for that any day. (Not to mention how weird it sounds to collect 3 packs of blues with patch team for support).

Is the ability misphrased and actually selects randomly only from enemy stuff?

(For discussion sake I pretended cmags not exist icon_e_smile.gif
  • Polares
    pasa_ wrote:
    Polares wrote:

Isn't random mean it will just take 2 of my good tiles for conversion and leave the bad ones? Especially if I managed to use other means to turn the table in my favor? Even with neutral selection it kills one bad one good for 9 -- I'd go with Steve for that any day. (Not to mention how weird it sounds to collect 3 packs of blues with patch team for support).

Is the ability misphrased and actually selects randomly only from enemy stuff?

(For discussion sake I pretended cmags not exist icon_e_smile.gif

It is totally random. If you use Falcon or any other way of upgrading your strike tiles (or you use Sentry's strike tile) don't use She Hulk.

What I was trying to show is that with Patch for example you can still have 5 good strike tiles and the other team just two. You have to build a team that can get the best of this ability, or use She Hulk when you know you will fight against someone with good strike tiles (Patch, Punisher, UDaken, Sentry, etc.). For me right know she is someone I can use sometimes, she has some uses, and she has a lot of HPs. She will probably be best used in PvE.
  • Granted, this is more in the realm of PvE more so than PvP, but everyone is focusing on strike tiles and not her ability to remove defense tiles from the board.

Her blue, can wipe up to three defense tiles off the board, which can help a player escape an over-leveled Bullseye, Spiderman, or IW defense tile lockdown. (Poor Spiderman's undead cadaver CANNOT catch a break. 2 of his three abilities are nerfed to oblivion and the only remaining semi-useful one (Spider-Sense) now has a hard counter...)

In this event, I have found using Settlement to clear up rogue Daken strike tiles and Bullseye defense tiles right before casting Judgment (when the board doesn't cooperate for a quick 3 green matches at the start) to be rather effective in closing out a match.
  • The selection of tiles is random, and 'balance in your favor' only refers to the end result, not the selection of the tiles. The selection of tiles can easily be not in your favor. You should only use the blue when the enemy has all the special tiles. If you want to remove just one special tile, Peacemaker is almost always better.

I can't figure out if red destroys the tile in the same pattern or not, but at level 1 it seems pretty similar to just destroying the bottom row, which is tied with the top row as the worst row to destroy in the game. I don't know how the higher level will affect the tile destruction, but if it's mostly concentreated on the bottom row then it's not very good at all.