*** The Punisher (Dark Reign) ***

Options

Comments

• Best way to beat the Punisher is with Daken. Just saying.
  • someguy wrote:
    Boosting the 40% would be nutrageous. I think it's safe to say that won't happen. icon_e_smile.gif

Punisher's red is the anti-boost ability. Oh, Ragnarok has 10K health in lightning? Well, when he hits 4K, kiss him goodbye icon_e_wink.gif

Of course, if Rags is boosted, another Ragnarok will do 10k damage with that same 8 red ap. I
  • someguy wrote:
    Boosting the 40% would be nutrageous. I think it's safe to say that won't happen. icon_e_smile.gif

Punisher's red is the anti-boost ability. Oh, Ragnarok has 10K health in lightning? Well, when he hits 4K, kiss him goodbye icon_e_wink.gif

I've seen rag break 20k many times.
  • FoxInSox
    FoxInSox Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    200% boosted Rags has over 21,000 health at max level.
  • srsNono wrote:
    Best way to beat the Punisher is with Daken. Just saying.
    Punisher doesn't use red tiles for his strike or attack tiles.

Punisher still isn't that good in Lightning Rounds compared to Rags/Mags. Plus you risk eating a Trickery from Loki.
  • srsNono wrote:

Punisher still isn't that good in Lightning Rounds compared to Rags/Mags. Plus you risk eating a Trickery from Loki.

Someone doesn't read comic books.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I put together a team for "The Doctor is In" with level 15 Punisher and Invisible Woman, and they got attacked almost 40 times. No respect at all. I might have to go back to my high level Mags/Spidey team.
  • srsNono wrote:
    srsNono wrote:

Someone doesn't read comic books.

But..then he just gets a bunch of Frankenstein moves for a few turns until he goes back to normal.
  • A mistake here.
    The Punisher lobs a bottle of liquid mayhem. Damages the enemy team for 59 and converts a random basic color tile to a Red Countdown tile that spreads fire every 2 turns, converting a random basic color tile to a 12 damage Red Attack Tile.

It's actually every 3 turns, so at max level it would be 2 turns?
  • They don't seem to increase the damage on his attack tiles.

Mine is L39, 3/3/3. My attack tiles are listed as 19 damage apiece. No matter how many strike tiles I have on the board, his attack tiles still only do 19?
  • Are you looking at the damage being displayed, or at the change in enemy health?

With Doom and Storm I've noticed that the display damage is for the attack tile only, but the actual damage to the hero is correct.
  • I think this guy's strike/attack tiles might be bugged. His strike tiles don't seem to make his attack tiles do extra damage. icon_e_sad.gif
    Grazzt wrote:
    A mistake here.
    The Punisher lobs a bottle of liquid mayhem. Damages the enemy team for 59 and converts a random basic color tile to a Red Countdown tile that spreads fire every 2 turns, converting a random basic color tile to a 12 damage Red Attack Tile.

It's actually every 3 turns, so at max level it would be 2 turns?

I can confirm that yeah, at a skill level of 3, it's still a 3-turn countdown. The text on the actual character is correct though.
  • FoxInSox
    FoxInSox Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    I also would want to know if at level 5, molotov's countdown is 1 or 2.

Anyone have it maxed or at 4 who can tell us? Mine's at 3 and I'm currently out of hp. Thanks!
  • Unknown
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Molotov seems to have been nerfed from whenever the info in the OP was gathered. At level 15 the 1 point is a 7 damage attack tile and the next point increases that to 9.
  • That is a huge nerf. At least they did it before people started to get level locked. It's sad though. I was really looking forward to the old level 5 molotov.
  • I have 3 in black and my Frank is 40. His attack tiles do 19 according to the description. Black makes a 3-countdown tile as I mentioned, not 2.

For the record, if this ability was a 1-countdown tile it would be super OP IMO. Spitting out free attack tiles every other turn would just be crazy.
  • someguy wrote:
    I have 3 in black and my Frank is 40. His attack tiles do 19 according to the description. Black makes a 3-countdown tile as I mentioned, not 2.

For the record, if this ability was a 1-countdown tile it would be super OP IMO. Spitting out free attack tiles every other turn would just be crazy.

That's basically the reason I was all for the 5/3/5 build, neither black nor green seem terribly appealing now. I'm assuming that the level 5 black will give you a 2 turn countdown, which is kind of eh, especially with the toned down value.

Might still be worth it depending on how it scales though.
  • someguy wrote:
    I have 3 in black and my Frank is 40. His attack tiles do 19 according to the description. Black makes a 3-countdown tile as I mentioned, not 2.

That's basically the reason I was all for the 5/3/5 build, neither black nor green seem terribly appealing now. I'm assuming that the level 5 black will give you a 2 turn countdown, which is kind of eh, especially with the toned down value.

Might still be worth it depending on how it scales though.

TBH with the randomness of the tile destroy on green, I don't see why anyone would want to build anything other than 5/3/5. Littering the board with nasty special tiles is this guy's specialty. Randomly destroying 9 of them with each use of green kind of kills the party. Just IMO.

I will hold off on upgrading any more covers with this guy in case they stealth nerf/buff him in the near future. 3/3/3 lets me cap at 89, which is fine for now.
  • His randomness on both his black and green skill make him undesirable for me. I like controlled chaos.
  • A lot of people are going with 5/3/5, but I would rather go 5/5/3. I haven't been able to use his powers yet, but his red doesn't seem so great in action. I only see it being useful against buffed 3* characters with their high hp, but by the time you attack, they're only going to have about 30%-35% health, which would equal around, what, 2,500 damage? By then, you'll already have other powers ready that would easily take the enemy down. The damage output for it is nice though, but you will hardly be using it for it's full potential without a buffed enemy.