More Hunt-esque Events

Technical issues aside, I loved this event. Gave a TON of rewards, new characters, missions, it was phenomenal. Well done.

Comments

• Fix rubber band and I'd happily participate in these events. I'd even buy heath packs to fight for rewards
  • Technical issues aside, I loved this event. Gave a TON of rewards, new characters, missions, it was phenomenal. Well done.

Great to see at least someone else than me enjoyed the event. Though I would make it bit shorter, as mentioned in other post, doing the same things 4 times gets bit dull icon_razz.gif
  • To help with that, I busted my ****, spent money, and stayed consistent. I had my #1 spot and then there was no points. The fact we spent our own money towards getting punisher and then This **** planing and system screws us. I sign this and I was spending a lot on this game but I won't spend a cent if they don't compensate us. Simple solution, give everyone all three punisher cards, no cost. That way for those who where cheated will get the punisher cards and those who already have them you can level them up... Fair for everyone..
  • To help with that, I busted my ****, spent money, and stayed consistent. I had my #1 spot and then there was no points. The fact we spent our own money towards getting punisher and then This **** planing and system screws us. I sign this and I was spending a lot on this game but I won't spend a cent if they don't compensate us. Simple solution, give everyone all three punisher cards, no cost. That way for those who where cheated will get the punisher cards and those who already have them you can level them up... Fair for everyone..

I don't think thread **** with a copy and pasted post will help. If you don't like it, make a thread saying such. I said bugs aside, this isn't about bugs.

I don't think thread **** with a copy and pasted post will help. If you don't like it, make a thread saying such. I said bugs aside, this isn't about bugs.

No, for it to be bugs there would have to be some actual programming.... This is just a poor joke on the dedicated players...
  • Technical issues aside, I loved this event. Gave a TON of rewards, new characters, missions, it was phenomenal. Well done.

+1
  • FoxInSox
    FoxInSox Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Agreed! Awesome event in spite of the rubberbanding wonkiness!

I wish all of the PvE events would come back permanently (with lower rewards of course) so you can play them some more. Having nothing permanently in PvE after Dark Avengers is sad. Would love to see red iso, and the hunt added to the main menu permanently.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Technical issues aside, I loved this event. Gave a TON of rewards, new characters, missions, it was phenomenal. Well done.

+1

+2
  • I also agree. Up until the end, I enjoyed the event and its repeating situations / stages. I will enjoy them even more if the rubber-banding issue is dealt with, but I spoke of that in the other thread. All in all there were lots of rewards to be had, and I levelled up several characters (but not as much as some of the folks here say they managed). All in all, a good start with a few problems, nothing that couldn't be resolved with a few tweaks.

Although - if I may ask... can we avoid nerfing characters half way through the event in the future? M. Hawkeye losing his crit buff really made me feel like the ISO i spent on him during the early portion of the event was a bad choice.
  • Aeros wrote:
    I also agree. Up until the end, I enjoyed the event and its repeating situations / stages. I will enjoy them even more if the rubber-banding issue is dealt with, but I spoke of that in the other thread. All in all there were lots of rewards to be had, and I levelled up several characters (but not as much as some of the folks here say they managed). All in all, a good start with a few problems, nothing that couldn't be resolved with a few tweaks.

Although - if I may ask... can we avoid nerfing characters half way through the event in the future? M. Hawkeye losing his crit buff really made me feel like the ISO i spent on him during the early portion of the event was a bad choice.

As I understand it they didn't nerf Hawkeye. They changed the way crits are handled for buffed characters in general. So it begs the question, when would have been a good time to do so? There is always some event with some buffed character(s) going on.
  • Fair enough, if it was a game wide change. I had only really noticed it in relation to Hawkeye, as I had not seen such a large crit multiplier before. Inexperience I guess?

As for modifications, timing may be something already set and I am just not paying attention. The Hunt was a LONG event, which went over a week. At any point in that week having an update that changed balance would have been something that would have affected the event, for better or worse. I suppose there is no winning for the devs when you have situations like that.
  • Did players outside USA enjoy/benefit? Had a thought a while back that this kind of event might be good for people in different timezones.
  • someguy wrote:
    Did players outside USA enjoy/benefit? Had a thought a while back that this kind of event might be good for people in different timezones.

Same -- I know pretty much none of the end times were good for me in Eastern, so it was a taste of what they've been dealing with for weeks.

A fully rolling schedule would be cool -- each event ended at the same time for that particular event; have each one change by 1-3 hours, increasing the distribution. But even this was a step in the right direction I would think.

Overall agree with the original comments -- nice story, interesting change, tons of goodies, but just a bit too long.
  • I pretty much liked the event, some issues aside.

But honestly, I would like the PVE events to be collaborative instead of competitive. Meaning only progression rewards, no placement reward. That way you could work together with the others in your bracket.
    Flexible difficulty would be a must so everybody can contribute. Maybe some special prices for everyone, if your bracket reaches defined thresholds or something.
  • Great event despite its flaws. Ruberbanding was a little weird and really required that you game the system. It was a bit long but at the same time that means that i was able to rack up more iso and Heroic tokens so i can't complain too much about that. Well done.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    finwe wrote:
    I pretty much liked the event, some issues aside.

But honestly, I would like the PVE events to be collaborative instead of competitive. Meaning only progression rewards, no placement reward. That way you could work together with the others in your bracket.
    Flexible difficulty would be a must so everybody can contribute. Maybe some special prices for everyone, if your bracket reaches defined thresholds or something.
    There could also be early bird bonuses on Progression rewards. First 100 people through get 3 colors of the new character, next 400 get two, everyone else gets one?
  • finwe wrote:
    I pretty much liked the event, some issues aside.

I love this idea and couldn't agree more. Do something along the lines of the old world events in WoW, where your entire faction/server had to accomplish specific goals in order to advance an overall plot.

And as long as I'm in this thread: The Hunt ruled. I'd love to see more of these, although (as has been mentioned) it could have been shorter.
  • I enjoyed myself and leveled the heck out of most of my roster because of the awesome amount of ISO you picked up just by playing thru the event. Technical issues happen and you can hope that lessons where learned and so forth.

I love these events because they feel like a change from the churn on a PVP event. That and I'm a comics geek who actually reads the dialog... no matter how silly it seems.

That... and seriously... you got to eat Venom with Devil Dinosaur.