Steam Sale

Options
ThatOneGuyjp189512
ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
edited June 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Steam has 33% off on their packs for MPQ till june 30th! 8500 HP and 25k Iso for 67$!(100$ seperately)

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    But before you make such a purchase, please give some serious consideration if D3 and Demiurge are deserving of us throwing so much money their way when a lot of the recent changes to the game seem to be concentrated in making the game more P2W and squeezing as much from the players as possible
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Steam has 33% off on their packs for MPQ till june 30th! 8500 HP and 25k Iso for 67$!(100$ seperately)

Well separately, its 100USD for either 20k HP and 52k iso which means at those exchange rates it should be 100USD for 10k hp + 26k hp before discount so USD67 for the same amount is a slight discount though slightly less than 33% off in terms of the HP. Please bear in mind you can only buy the DLC once and it has been cheaper as it was on sale previously at 67% off when I bought it.

As with any other steam sale, it might be worth waiting for it to appear as a daily sale so wait until the last day to buy it if you must.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not to trifle the epic discount of 33% off MPQ, but there's probably a lot more games on during the sale which may be better use of your money (as paying for ISO isn't really good value, no bang for your buck!) - unless MPQ is your main staple. It has been 66% off before though, lot better value at 66% off!
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Maybe MPQ will go on a flash sale/community sale. Best to wait for last day if you are considering the steam deal (this applies for all steam games too).
    Sadly I'm a mobile player so I can't take advantage of this, oh well.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Twysta wrote:
    Not to trifle the epic discount of 33% off MPQ, but there's probably a lot more games on during the sale which may be better use of your money (as paying for ISO isn't really good value, no bang for your buck!) - unless MPQ is your main staple. It has been 66% off before though, lot better value at 66% off!
    Compare to the Marvel hero packs
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Man, it took eight days for someone to post about the sale; it just doesn't seem like a very good deal (if I'm not wrong, it seemed like the Steam packs at full price were actually a worse value than the normal, in game prices, although I didn't actually crunch numbers when I took a glance), so I assumed no one cared about it.

Not that we're giving them money anyway, right guys? ...right?
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Options
    elusive wrote:
    Man, it took eight days for someone to post about the sale; it just doesn't seem like a very good deal (if I'm not wrong, it seemed like the Steam packs at full price were actually a worse value than the normal, in game prices, although I didn't actually crunch numbers when I took a glance), so I assumed no one cared about it.

Not that we're giving them money anyway, right guys? ...right?
    Most of the steam deals that last the entire sale are not meant to impress-- it's the daily/flash/community deals where games will get the big discount that is really nice. If MPQ does go on one of those deals, I'd expect at least 66%.
  • Spoit
    Options
    Yeah, right now it's about 33% more for a pittance of ISO. IT might actually be okay at 66%. But then, that would mean that marvel heroes would probably also be discounted. And the later is a much better spend for their steam packs
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    edited June 2014
    Options
    the math is not that hard to get. 50$ standalone for 25k iso or 8500 HP, Steam regularly does 100$ for their package of both, so 100$ X .66 = 67$ /2 = $33.50 for 50$ worth of iso or HP. i would not call 25k iso a pittance, granted during lightning rounds it pretty much is cause you can earn that in one day. But during the rest of the week that's about 10 hours or so gameplay or at least 10 levels of almost any hero in the game(135 or above 3* and 4* notwithstanding)
  • Spoit
    Options
    the math is not that hard to get. 50$ standalone for 25k iso or 8500 HP, Steam regularly does 100$ for their package of both, so 100$ X .66 = 67$ /2 = $33.50 for 50$ worth of iso or HP.
    That's assuming that anyone would actually waste money on the iso prices as they stand
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    Options
    i'm not seeing it's an awesome deal or anything, but it's better than regular price. personally i would never ever buy iso. HP yes cause it'd take forever to save up the amount of HP you buy in their packs.
  • Spoit
    Options
    i'm not seeing it's an awesome deal or anything, but it's better than regular price. personally i would never ever buy iso. HP yes cause it'd take forever to save up the amount of HP you buy in their packs.
    Yeah, and if you only care about hp, it's 33% more than buying the hp alone. That's my point