Leveling Help

Options
Unknown
edited December 2013 in MPQ Tips and Guides
Hi All,

I am sorry if this has been addressed I have looked for this specifically but can't seem to find the answer I am looking for:

Why can I not ever level my 2 star + characters?
Do I have to get a cover to do so?

Also when do you get awarded the stars? I have completed numerous prologue mission recently and I haven't been given squat?

I have replayed lots of missions yet they seem way more difficult than my characters abilities. I really like playing this but it is getting frustrating. I even bought a some stuff to support the game but it really hasn't helped the situation I still find myself still stuck and still can't level the guys i want to because they are never available.

Any help here much appreciated

thanks

Comments

• Why can I not ever level my 2 star + characters?
    Do I have to get a cover to do so?

Also when do you get awarded the stars? I have completed numerous prologue mission recently and I haven't been given squat?
    Leveling works the same way for all characters, 1 star, 2 star, whatever. Each character has a Level Cap, which is the maximum level you can reach when that character has the maximum level of skill points, and a "Level Max", which is the current maximum possible level with the number of skill points you currently have. To be able to raise the level more, you need to increase the number of skill points by training the character with more covers.

(please note, the skill points are capped at 13 for characters with three powers, meaning you cannot raise all three powers to 5.
    For example my Iron Man model 35 has 5/5/3, so he has the maximum number of skill points and I cannot raise Ultra-Freon Beam past 3 even if I get more covers for it).

I don't know what you mean about stars. You must have got at least 20 Iso-8 per mission, it's not possible to get nothing. You can replay the Prologue missions to get all the listed rewards. Some of the later ones give Hero Points, if that's what you mean.
  • Thanks for replying so quickly.

What I mean by stars is the rating of the character which is between 1 and 5 gold stars and it is on the front of the card and the profile pic.

So basically is it is really difficult to raise any higher rated characters because the odds are that you will draw 1 star covers when you are recruiting?

How do I get more covers? It seems very rare that I am awarded them. This game will cost an insane amount of money if I have to buy them. I saw in a thread somewhere that they said not to use Iso as you get points to buy the covers. I had been awarded some earlier after missions but I am not sure when they trigger? They definitely haven't dropped much lately and the missions are much harder than my chars abilities

They should allow you to wipe your cards and start over (resetting any gold and iso you spent and making it available again) Its too easy make costly mistakes when you start icon_e_sad.gif

Definitely appreciate the help
  • What I mean by stars is the rating of the character which is between 1 and 5 gold stars and it is on the front of the card and the profile pic.
    Oh I understand now. No you can't increase those stars, when people talk about 2 star Storm etc they are talking about different versions of the character, for example Modern Storm is 1 star, but Classic Storm is 2 star.
    So basically is it is really difficult to raise any higher rated characters because the odds are that you will draw 1 star covers when you are recruiting?
    As you get further in the game you will get lots of 2 star covers - you will get Heroic Tokens sometimes from levels and tournaments, and you can get rarer characters from the normal tokens /cover pack too - I got a 3 star Dr Doom earlier today! You will get some 2 star covers from some of the prologue levels too.
    How do I get more covers? It seems very rare that I am awarded them.
    You can check what you can get from each mission, just tap on a mission and it will show you all the possible rewards in sequence. You should go back and replay missions that you have previously beaten to get all the rewards from them, you can check to see how many you have left to get by tapping on the mission on the map screen, it'll say "4/4 rewards earned" or something like that.

Don't spend Hero Points that you get from rewards on covers, you'll need them for cover slots. If you decide to buy Hero Points then you will have some spare for covers, but always make sure you have an empty cover slot before buying a cover, you don't want to risk getting a new character and not having space for them (although the cover will stay in your cover cache for a week, you won't loose it).

What are your current characters, what skill points and levels do they have?
  • Ok good I was starting to wonder if I was on a fools mission trying to advance my 2* plus chars

Anyhow here is what I have so far:

Black Widow Modern L22 2p/5b 1*
    Iron Man Model L18 35 2r/5o/3b 1*
    XMEN Black Widow Grey Suit L15 1r/0/0 3*
    Loki Vengeance L15 1p/0/0 3*
    Hawkeye Classiuc L13 3p/4r 1*
    Spiderman Bagman L9 1p/1b/1o 2*
    Hawkeye Modern L8 1b/1p/0 2*
    Black Widow Original L6 1p/0/0 2*
    Daken Dark Avengers L6 1blk/0/0 2*
    Magneto Marvel Now L6 1p/0/0 2*
    Moonstone DA Marvel L6 1r/0/0 2*
    Storm Classic L6 1o/0/0 2*
    Juggernaut classic L2 3g/2r/0 1*

Thor Marvel Now L6 0r/0o/1g 2* (just got)

On deck rewards (no space)

Venom Dark Avengers
    Bkack Widow Modern
    Iron Man Model 35

Thanks for all your help I really appreciate it icon_e_smile.gif
  • Where's Modern Storm? She's very good for a 1*.
    Concentrate on levelling Iron Man model 35, he's good but be warned Thor is pretty much the same but better. Once you have all three powers for Thor you might like to switch over to Thor.

You'll have to use 1* characters for now, until you can level up your 2*s some more. Choose three, and spend your ISO-8 on those - don't try and level them all up, you won't have enough ISO-8. I recommend Modern Storm, Iron Man, and one other of your choice.

Don't spend any more ISO-8 levelling up Bag-Man, he's useless. Also avoid Yelena Belova, her abilities are very expensive.
    On deck rewards (no space)

Venom Dark Avengers
    Bkack Widow Modern
    Iron Man Model 35
    Just to confirm, the Black Widow and Iron Man are the 1 star versions that you already have, not the 2* or 3* versions, and you can't use them because you've already maxed out those colours? If that's so, then just go ahead and sell them - you won't ever have enough ISO-8 to waste on levelling two copies of a character!

I also have found Venom quite useful at least at the start, so once you get another cover space recruit him.

Also do some of the PvP missions - you should be able to do at least a mission or two of "The Hunt", which will get you some extra Iso-8.

And another thing, I think it's a good idea to keep a copy of every character - most of them have been useful in at least one tournament.
  • Sorry for the delayed response got into the tourney and was pretty focused on that for the weekend icon_e_biggrin.gif

I have both the 1 star and 2 star Black Widows
    I have only the 1 star Iron Man

I really like the 1 star Black Widow

Got a new card as well:

3 Captain Americas with each of the powers activated 1 per card

Is he is worth activating his powers are seem kinda expensive?

Should I trash Spidy with the trash bag on his head?

I really need space let me know if you think any of the others aren't worth keeping.

thanks
  • You really don't need Bag-Man, he is one of the weakest characters ingame, doesn't matter how you look at him.

Captain America is a difficult thing. He is very good at PvE later on, ecspecially if you have his blue and/or red skill at level 5 but he is really useless in PvP Tournaments. I think it's personal preference with him. If you have fun playing with him and think he's cool, then level him up, otherwise sell him, he's not some hidden superweapon icon_e_wink.gif
  • FoxInSox
    FoxInSox Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    3 Captain Americas with each of the powers activated 1 per card

Is he is worth activating his powers are seem kinda expensive?
    When blue and red are both at 5 the captain is very good at dealing with countdown tiles in PvE (but only at 5 for each). Otherwise, he is not that good a character, even fully leveled up.
    Should I trash Spidy with the trash bag on his head?
    The answer to this is *ALWAYS* yes. If you are short on space, want an even slightly useful cover from the cache, and have a bagman taking up a slot, you should always sell bagman. Same goes for Yelena and Classic Hawkeye. But bagman is prob the most useless of them all.
  • Thanks for the tips guys.

Gonna ditch baghead.

Really not sure if I want to keep Capt America as space is really expensive.

Not sure if I want to keep Venom either is he worth the space. Seems a bit weak to me.

Anything else that I should ditch or make sure I don't bring on board if I acquire them in the future?

Again, I definitely appreciate the help!
  • I personally don't like Venom, never played much with him and he collects dust in my collection. He also is strongest together with classic spidermann *** and it will be a while until you have that. So my opinion is ditch him.