The game's no fun no more..

Options
I used to play this game for 3-6 hrs but with the "true healing" my gameplay hrs becomes less..after 5 to 10 fights, after using my 5 health packs im done..all i can do is wait to regen the health of my rosters..my score will cut down and im back where i started..i know ur doing your job to fix "some" problems and the motives of your action through "true healing" is to enjoy this game by playing other char rather than ur #1 char (OBiWan kinobi) but how can we enjoy this game if you limit our gameplay?! Whoever decides this new "fix" pls analyze it again and think if it will benefit ur players or not..many players are quitting and i am thinking too..

Comments

• franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have yet to comment in this true healing debate that causes quite a stir here.. I find it normal that having strong chars let you play more than the weaker ones.. In spidey event ive been hit so many times by underleveled teams that it baffled me.. You are supposed to slowly developp your roster (via pve mechanics for example that give more opportunities to 1-2* teams) or take a shortcut by putting real money on your roster.. This game is not supposed to give you leeway to play infinitely and compete with top tier rosters with only 2-3 85 chars.. That was a flawed mechanic and it was high time they change it..
  • Unknown
    Options
    I have a couple of 85's and in Hollowpoint all I am being offered is 130+ opponents. With healing I may have had a slight chance but now? No way. So this event is a dud for me, and if it carries on, so is the game.

"Flawed mechanic" it may have been, but at least I could, y'know, play the game a bit?
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    In spidey event ive been hit so many times by underleveled teams that it baffled me..
    Since you are a member of S.H.I.E.L.D it was my duty to reach up and try to bring you down to my level.
  • Unknown
    Options
    This game is not supposed to give you leeway to play infinitely and compete with top tier rosters with only 2-3 85 chars.. That was a flawed mechanic and it was high time they change it..

I get tired of hearing this sense of entitlement from some established players. The prizes are the same for everybody so why should a 2* player not be allowed to compete with top tiered teams for the top prizes. I took pride in being able to outplan and outwork teams with vastly superior rosters to get the prizes I need to move to the next level. Now I have to plan even harder because outwork has been removed from my options.

Every recent change made has been about protecting high level teams from those trying to transition (as well as making D3 more money), from true healing to eliminating hero points as alliance rewards for all but the 20 player alliances.
  • Unknown
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I think you need to flip your thinking on this.

Instead of regretting losing what you once had, appreciate that you were able to build your roster quickly due to what you used to have. Players that have started after you (or started in the past week) will have a much harder time getting to the same spot where you sit today.

The first few months I played, you were able to heal characters by leveling them up. Health packs were 15HP each (60HP for 5) and 100/500 HP rewards were common progression rewards. You didn't even need to own a healer to 'prologue heal', as Spidey was able to do it for you in one of the missions.

I don't sit here and stew about not having those options at my disposal anymore, I am rather thankful that they were made available to me and helped push me along in this game.
  • Unknown
    Options
    papa07 wrote:
    Every recent change made has been about protecting high level teams from those trying to transition (as well as making D3 more money), from true healing to eliminating hero points as alliance rewards for all but the 20 player alliances.

Huh? everyone under the strongest is protected by the MMR sham from the start of the game. Massively. Any little going back -- if real at all -- hardly undoes a fraction of that.

OTOH I don't think anything like that was intended really -- the transition teams that got the biggest blow are just collateral damage in devs power trip or chasing ARDAPU or something else.

The one piece of the agenda we know is to prefer the starting players: grant them undue wins so they are hooked by that and also buy slots for their useless *** prizes.

Also, the established players didn't need protection from 85s -- why you think they did? Attacks from them on my teams were in single digit percents, not worth counting -- and taking back point just for sport took maybe 1.5 minute with no damage whatsoever?
  • Unknown
    Options
    I don't regret what I had but I don't appreciate the attitude of "I have been playing the game longer than you, so you shouldn't be able to compete for the top tier prizes with me".

When you look at it objectively, only the top 100 in PvP is helpful to high level players and transitioning players. They don't have different prizes for different player levels. It has always been difficult for a transitioning player to compete with a high level player, but, looking objectively again, the recent changes only widen that gap. To bring the balance back, D3 could make 2 simple changes to counter their recent changes.

1. Reduce health pack regen time from 36 to 18 minutes.
    2. Change alliance scoring to top 5 scores per alliance.

The first will allow players who play in larger blocks of time more opportunity to play. The second will open up top alliance rewards to all alliances, while still providing a solid advantage for the 20 person alliances.
  • Unknown
    Options
    There are many players with 2* chars only who score far better than big rostered players, in the same bracket.

So I'm not sure there is injustice for newer players.

But maybe the personal results depend on the time you spend playing, and a real dedication is most probably needed.

Even if you have a very big roster, if you don't play intensively, you have poor results.
  • Unknown
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    Also, the established players didn't need protection from 85s -- why you think they did? Attacks from them on my teams were in single digit percents, not worth counting -- and taking back point just for sport took maybe 1.5 minute with no damage whatsoever?

Not direct protection per se, but ranking protection. By running OBW healing throughout a PvP battle (never used prologue healing - too boring), I could fight as much as I needed to to get to the point levels I was targeting. Now I am limited in the number of times I can fight, where someone with usable 3* can put many more battles up at a time. I still have to outplan to place high, but I can not put myself in the same positions to avoid the late pushes of superior teams that jump in late like I used to be able to.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have yet to comment in this true healing debate that causes quite a stir here.. I find it normal that having strong chars let you play more than the weaker ones.. In spidey event ive been hit so many times by underleveled teams that it baffled me.. You are supposed to slowly developp your roster (via pve mechanics for example that give more opportunities to 1-2* teams) or take a shortcut by putting real money on your roster.. This game is not supposed to give you leeway to play infinitely and compete with top tier rosters with only 2-3 85 chars.. That was a flawed mechanic and it was high time they change it..

Problem is you can only get the stronger characters by using the weaker ones. Like you say, weaker characters give less play time: less time to get strong characters.

Also: there are many, many less weaker characters than strong ones. Again, less time to get strong characters.

Less time to play = less chances to give money to developer = really poor development decision.
  • Phillipes
    Phillipes Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I used to play this game for 3-6 hrs but with the "true healing" my gameplay hrs becomes less..after 5 to 10 fights, after using my 5 health packs im done..all i can do is wait to regen the health of my rosters..my score will cut down and im back where i started..i know ur doing your job to fix "some" problems and the motives of your action through "true healing" is to enjoy this game by playing other char rather than ur #1 char (OBiWan kinobi) but how can we enjoy this game if you limit our gameplay?! Whoever decides this new "fix" pls analyze it again and think if it will benefit ur players or not..many players are quitting and i am thinking too..

I have same feeling.. I tried to play game after this changes, after some ,,cooling". I played 8 (read ,,eight") games in hollowpoint kiss. I run of healtpacks. My gaming session lasted ... 35 MINUTES !!
    I´m rantting again. I can play in maybe 2 hours. It is friday evening, in 2 hours I will be hanging out with friends. But I have dull and empty one hour - but I can´t play. I remember IceX wrote that we can play in our own pace.
    HOW ?? I want play right now, but can´t !!!
    I´m also considering to quit.