What is wrong with the forums today? Spam everywhere

Options
Is it just me, or do we have a wave of spam topics come out of nowhere? Could this be an organized response to the recent changes? I refuse to even read these topics, but they make navigating in the forums slightly annoying. Isn't there a way to rate topics as spam and remove them if they get X number of votes?

Comments

• Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Aren't mods supposed to clean this up?
  • V1rusHunter
    V1rusHunter Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    Options
    We need more mods. Think some people have quit.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Just the fruits of not applying any of the trivial countermeasures.

This last run looks automated, safe bet it will easily keep better pace adding these fake topics than mods (who volunteered for a sensible task originally, not doing manual slave labor instead of a script or rule in the config) can or are willing to delete.

Then soon we'll resort to sticky threads as the rest will be spread by singles starting on page 5.

Seem after the game the forums make similar fall. Too bad, they carried the last elements of fun.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I think a lot of the mods have quit and D3 isn't as active on the forums as they used to be, so you're going to have to deal with spam.
  • Unknown
    Options

Care to apply? PM IceIX.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Some mods occasionally sleep and just woke up.
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    There were threads before where suggestions were offered for resolving this but ignored. Obvious Demiurge cannot understand the nature because this is the same spam as on their forums. So either self imposed by current/ex employee or just the same lack of controls on both forums that every other developer has in place.
  • Unknown
    Options

Some? Aren't you the only one left? Keep up the good work, but I do not envy you your task.

I occasionally do voluntary mod and admin work for another website I use a lot. There are over 100 voluntary admins for that, with a user base that may not even be as active on the forums as this one.
  • Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Nonce this is not against you. I'm pretty sure everyone agrees that you give a **** more than D3 does. It's just telling that you are the only one left. Seems like D3 is just on autopilot. Are they abandoning this game? They keep talking about how they want to increase communication then they ninja nerf health. They did it before and they will do it again.
  • Unknown
    Options
    lol. I hope you had pleasant dreams. It wasn't a comment targeting the mods. I was just surprised to see so many posts irrelevant to the game and though it was an attack from someone who was reacting to the recent changes. If this is what you see each day before you start deleting them, I congratulate all the mods for doing an excellent job; even if they have to sleep now and then. icon_e_smile.gif
    pasa_ wrote:

Care to apply? PM IceIX.
    Hell no. I am not the right guy for the job.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've removed 325 spam messages in the last 6 days. The main problem this morning is that spammer chunxiazi4 from Nanjing China spewed out 46 messages.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    I would volunteer to delete spam in a PM to Ice, but he took more than a couple of weeks to read another PM (and still never read it) so I just PMed Demiurge_Will instead when he was online.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Snikrot wrote:
    Guys, You really need to understand that it's fruitless.

They weren't even able to disable the possibility for the mods to edit administrators' posts, which is a norm in ANY other forum I moderated.

They are the people who deal with computer programming, yet they fail at something as simple as PhP forum. Think about it.

Yea, I thought that was a little odd that u were able to.do that (see: pretty awful given.you could have covertly.changed something important instead of spray painting "bite me" in plain sight). I assume its because they never originally had a spot for moss and so all they really did was quickly make a different type of sure admin or something when.they decided they needed mods (less coding I would assume).
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    I would volunteer to delete spam in a PM to Ice, but he took more than a couple of weeks to read another PM (and still never read it) so I just PMed Demiurge_Will instead when he was online.

Interesting, I traded like 2 PMs with him 2-3 days ago.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I've removed 325 spam messages in the last 6 days. The main problem this morning is that spammer chunxiazi4 from Nanjing China spewed out 46 messages.

The problem is that greenies can spawn unlimited amount of topics and whatever content they like -- I see zero legit reason freshmen be allowed more than 1 thread per week (and would really go with 0 and a special thread for requests) and especially to post links.
  • Unknown
    Options
    if demiurge is not going to spend much time on the forum any more, I wish they'd at least give the mods some kind of weekly iso or HP stipend so they don't quit or feel like "slave" labor.