Level Cap Tourney -- 40, 60, 80

Nonce Equitaur 2
Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
I propose a new tournament devoted to those characters that haven't been leveled up yet.

40, 60, and 80 look like good level caps.
If you'd like to enter the level 40 tournament, any of your characters that are level 40 or less can enter.
If you'd like to enter the level 60 tournament, any of your characters that are level 60 or less can enter.
If you'd like to enter the level 80 tournament, any of your characters that are level 80 or less can enter.

I've got a lot of 3* characters I haven't leveled up yet, and a mix of 1* and 2* characters. I usually look at other people's rosters before I fight them, and most people are in the same position -- they've got characters that they're still working on.

This should be a non-alliance tournament. I've seen lots and lots of Thor, Storm, Hulk, Mags, Punisher, Wolverine teams. In a level cap tournament, I'd be able to find plenty of stranger teams to battle with.

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like it. Kicker is those with max IM35 or mStorm are forced into the 60 bracket. I suppose they can compete with underleveled 2*s though.

I'd also probably make the top one 85 instead of 80, just because it'd be weird to have 2* characters that you only took to 80 (unless you're trying to exclude those characters, in which case 80 works fine)
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    I suppose they can compete with underleveled 2*s though.

Almost every roster I look at has underleveled and neglected 3* characters. I want to fight against them, maybe with my team of She-Hulk / Falcon / Nick Fury.

I have 16 characters under level 80, and I rarely get a chance to use them. This would be their opportunity to get off the bench.
  • As the person who mentioned this in a post about 3*s being parked forever, I'm in support of this. In fact, I'd go one further, as implied in that thread, and make the prizes be covers for the hero(es) you play with, the more often you play with them, in some way. So if you're trying to get that red LThor cover for some reason, pop him in the 40/60/80 tourney he belongs in, and use his red ability as much as you can. Something like that.

It would give us something to do with the rest of our rosters, now that we can't heal... >.>
  • Only after they implement the long-asked feature to set "effective level" on your characters that can be less than their current.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    pasa_ wrote:
    Only after they implement the long-asked feature to set "effective level" on your characters that can be less than their current.

Didn't realize it was long asked for, I just put that up. Should have known I'm not an innovator: http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10536
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    pasa_ wrote:
    Only after they implement the long-asked feature to set "effective level" on your characters that can be less than their current.

The winner of that would be fully covered characters from good rosters. No ... I want to run my back bench against the best of not so good rosters. And I bet they'll win.
  • I'm sure they'll implement this as soon as they bring back the other "themed"events such as Divine Champions, Dark Avengers, Heroe's Only, No Man's Land, etc. The advent of seasons killed those events, apparently.

Other than that, it's a good idea.
  • Sounds like fun. I'm all for it. I use my low level characters in PvE or to beat seed teams in PvP, but it would be fun to "properly" use them for once. I'd also say yes to 1* tournaments once again, or to 2* tournaments.
  • The level 15 only tournament would be funny.
    an 86-115 tourney would be neat too, no 2*s no fully maxed rosters of death, just some moderate-decently leveled 3*s kicking each other as hard as they can
  • i guess any 3* with max covers will be OP here... so those who will want win this, will make second teams lvl 40 just to get more rewards(2-nd lthor,hood,daken lvl 40, while there another lvl 141..)
    so i think star restricted will be more interesting, i.e. when u can't use more then 1 3*