*** She-Hulk (Modern) ***

Comments

• Falcon wouldn't work well with her, because the Redwing CD counts as one of the tiles that can be removed by Settlement. You shouldn't have anyone that can generate special tiles on your team, because if the goal is to get strike tiles via settlement you should have just started with Daken + Falcon, as those two put together some crazy strike tiles very easily. Settlement is a skill you basically only use once, because after it's used once you have 2 of your own big strike tile on board and it can easily backfire, and if you're only going to use it once you should not have anyone else who can interfere with getting the maximum value out of it.
  • Daken will become more prevalent as top contender and I think She-Hulk & Falcon could be a good soft counter combo

As they collect blue Daken's "Heat" will kick in to help whittle him down, redwing will take away some strike tiles and She-Hulk can use settlement on some ~ if she grabs redwing in the settlement then he may swoop in next turn if there's enough blue ap stored up

I would need to play with/against her to see how often her red skill destroys special tiles and if you're not really using her green, you're not matching greens that put more of Daken's strike tiles on the board.

She's got some potential, so if I get more of her covers I'll build her up, since I don't have a useable Daken (or Falcon) yet
  • Phantron wrote:
    Falcon wouldn't work well with her, because the Redwing CD counts as one of the tiles that can be removed by Settlement. You shouldn't have anyone that can generate special tiles on your team, because if the goal is to get strike tiles via settlement you should have just started with Daken + Falcon, as those two put together some crazy strike tiles very easily. Settlement is a skill you basically only use once, because after it's used once you have 2 of your own big strike tile on board and it can easily backfire, and if you're only going to use it once you should not have anyone else who can interfere with getting the maximum value out of it.
    Isn't removing redwing... Good?
  • I think Phantron's point is that removing redwing means that you're not removing enemy special tiles. Spending 9 blue AP to get two strike tiles isn't bad but it's a lot better if you're also removing 3 enemy strike tiles in the process.

However, if you don't have anyone who can generate special tiles on your team, then don't you run the risk that Settlement can never do anything at all and/or is really, really slow?
  • gamar wrote:
    locked wrote:
    Don't call Daken Big D... All he deserves is a MoDaken, lazyDaken, maybe UberDaken, but Big D? Hilarious!

That's right! Only Doctor Doom is a big enough D that he can wear a big D on his belt right above his... big D

Recruit_Doctor_Doom_Classic.png

Maybe "Dr. D." He didn't pretend to go to grad school so that everyone would have to call him "Big D."
  • gamar wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Falcon wouldn't work well with her, because the Redwing CD counts as one of the tiles that can be removed by Settlement. You shouldn't have anyone that can generate special tiles on your team, because if the goal is to get strike tiles via settlement you should have just started with Daken + Falcon, as those two put together some crazy strike tiles very easily. Settlement is a skill you basically only use once, because after it's used once you have 2 of your own big strike tile on board and it can easily backfire, and if you're only going to use it once you should not have anyone else who can interfere with getting the maximum value out of it.
    Isn't removing redwing... Good?

It wouldn't be as good as removing a Phermone Rage tile with Settlement, and since Settlement uses blue, you might not necessarily have enough to use Redwing again after Settlement. If you do, then that's okay because then your Redwing will remove another tile, but that requires you to have a lot of blue.
  • I think Phantron's point is that removing redwing means that you're not removing enemy special tiles. Spending 9 blue AP to get two strike tiles isn't bad but it's a lot better if you're also removing 3 enemy strike tiles in the process.

However, if you don't have anyone who can generate special tiles on your team, then don't you run the risk that Settlement can never do anything at all and/or is really, really slow?

But if you wanted those strike tiles, you could just have Daken on the team in the first place. It seems backwards to me to have another generate some kind of lesser special tiles and then convert it to strike tiles when Daken can simply give you very good strike tiles from the get go. I suppose you might not have Daken, but She-Hulk isn't any easier to get than Daken.
  • Well yeah, if your goal is to have strong strike tiles, then She-Hulk definitely isn't your first choice, since for 9 AP you could also have Patch tiles, Punisher tiles, a Sentry tile, whatever. But if you don't have any of those guys, or She-Hulk is required, then I think that bringing someone to create special tiles and then using Shulk to convert them is a pretty good way to go as long as you can make those special tiles very cheaply -- otherwise Settlement is going to be abysmally slow.
  • Well yeah, if your goal is to have strong strike tiles, then She-Hulk definitely isn't your first choice, since for 9 AP you could also have Patch tiles, Punisher tiles, a Sentry tile, whatever. But if you don't have any of those guys, or She-Hulk is required, then I think that bringing someone to create special tiles and then using Shulk to convert them is a pretty good way to go as long as you can make those special tiles very cheaply -- otherwise Settlement is going to be abysmally slow.

But She-Hulk isn't any easier to get than any of those guys. If anything, she's harder to get. Her skillset would actually make a lot more sense as a 2* so that you at least have some attempt to deal with the whole mess of powerful special tile characters in 3*, but she's not. Now if they make her cover way easier to get she might serve as a weak counter to certain characters, but it seems unlikely something like that would happen.
  • Is she useful for Ldaken & Sentry users?
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    bruceway wrote:
    Is she useful for Ldaken & Sentry users?
    No, they'd be the WORST ones to pair with her. Her terrible green would mess with sentries, and the blue would be way more likely to hit your tiles than the enemy
  • Marty17 wrote:
    Yeah, I just discovered how odd that Power of Attorny battle cry sounded, especially for those nearby that had no concept of what it was. Best to play that in mute.

ATM, with this healing fiasco, I'm currently leaning towards 5/3/5 build...
    The game is muted since day 1 so I don't have this problem. I prefer to listen to music I enjoy instead of weird noises. I have to admit though I dislike her expression in the main pase. That smile is ... disturbing. The red animation is cool, but I haven't watched her blue/green yet. Great cover though.

Her green would be much more useful without the healing and a cost of 9AP. I haven't tested her, but I expect her green to be useless against goon teams since most of them use only 3-4 colors and it is more than likely she will choose one of the 0 AP colors. I hope they don't give more abilities like this in the future. It is easy to add a healing (even before the nerf) effect in order to justify an increased cost, but 1 extra match can make an ability barely playable.

Imo, most heroes should follow a 6/9/12 rule with an ability that is easy to spam (or passive) and the other 2 cost 8-12. Take GSBW for example. Deny her purple and will never use any ability. She is practically a punching bag whose only mission is to cause a few lost turns when you deny her purple. I also wish they don't keep up this trend with high health heroes. High health may look cool, but what it really does is increase the duration of the matches quite a bit. To balance high health you then have to introduce abilities that deal massive damage, but those are a 1 hit KO for heroes with lower health, and in this meta heroes with low health become obsolete when they are not buffed. The healing change made those heroes even worse since you can barely squeeze 2 games out of them before they have to heal.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Why does her environment multiplier say 2? It's 3 in-game.
  • I could really do without her voice... the yelling... omg the yelling...
  • Phantron wrote:

Wait, wait - that *would* work. Removing the Redwing CD tile resets it early - you'd get another tile removal next turn.

Edit: Alright, I see what someone upthread says about being efficient, but still, it doesn't seem awful to me.
  • Phantron wrote:

Wait, wait - that *would* work. Removing the Redwing CD tile resets it early - you'd get another tile removal next turn.

Edit: Alright, I see what someone upthread says about being efficient, but still, it doesn't seem awful to me.

You would only have enough to fire Redwing again if you were sitting on 14 on more blue AP since Settlement uses up 9, and that's a lot of blue AP to be sitting on for a rather questionable ability.
  • Phantron wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

You would only have enough to fire Redwing again if you were sitting on 14 on more blue AP since Settlement uses up 9, and that's a lot of blue AP to be sitting on for a rather questionable ability.

Mmm. Point. I always forget about that wrinkle.

Although, in the hood/falcon/she-hulk scenario. you could very plausibly earn 4-5 blue the next turn. Still, you're probably right.

MPQ character design is funny to me. I mean, it's not hard to figure out what sorts of things strong or weak if you read the forums, particularly after characters have been tested in the wild. (Thanks, Colo) She-Hulk seems like she could have been high tier with just some small changes. Blue is growing on me, although I really wish it only took enemy tiles, that might just be too strong. Red I think is quite good all on its own - I don't mind sacrificing damage for board shake-up. All she needs is some buffs to her green. If they made it "the two colours the enemy has matched most frequently", I think it'd be pretty beastly on defense. And if they made it 9 green, she might even be top-tier.

• MPQ character design is funny to me. I mean, it's not hard to figure out what sorts of things strong or weak if you read the forums, particularly after characters have been tested in the wild. (Thanks, Colo) She-Hulk seems like she could have been high tier with just some small changes. Blue is growing on me, although I really wish it only took enemy tiles, that might just be too strong. Red I think is quite good all on its own - I don't mind sacrificing damage for board shake-up. All she needs is some buffs to her green. If they made it "the two colours the enemy has matched most frequently", I think it'd be pretty beastly on defense. And if they made it 9 green, she might even be top-tier.

During TaT there were two different version of The Who mission (one was just The Hood, another was him with 2 other guys). I'm thinking D3's internal server randomly switches between two moods too. One of them is the current version and the other is some world where all the powerful characters have already been nerfed, so characters like She-Hulk came from the latter server while a character like Sentry comes from the former server.

She'd be pretty good in a world where no character is stronger than Punisher, except that is most definitely not the current world.
  • Ok, just fired settlement for the first time - I have to admit, the animation is pretty cute. icon_razz.gif
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    the other is some world where all the powerful characters have already been nerfed,
    AKA phantron's ideal game world