Together we can change this, but only together

Options
mjh
mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
edited June 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
if everyone who is unhappy about this "true healing" change simply tapped the little email icon in the intro screen and wrote a short brief note expressing their dissatisfaction and inclination to stop playing, i'm sure CS would be overloaded and would ultimately have to revert the change, at the very least counter balance it somehow.

Simple. Organization can win this one, if we can organize.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Good luck. Y'all can't even get together and put posts in one thread. How many threads is this now?
  • mjh
    Options
    Good luck. Y'all can't even get together and put posts in one thread. How many threads is this now?
    This is by far the biggest change to the game overall and adversely affects 2* teams and below. It makes it tremendously harder, if not impossible, to advance without purchasing coins or iso8. This is the biggest reach by D3 for monetization at the expense of gameplay enjoyment
  • Unknown
    Options
    This is by far the biggest change to the game overall and adversely affects 2* teams and below. It makes it tremendously harder, if not impossible, to advance without purchasing coins or iso8. This is the biggest reach by D3 for monetization at the expense of gameplay enjoyment

Yes, everyone has given the change a whole six hours and 45 minutes. Clearly, your minds were not predetermined as one might conclude from the non-stop rants since the announcement. The funniest part is going to be a week from now when everyone suddenly says the change was great. I know hard to believe not grinding and not going against the same roster over and over could be fun, but somehow I think I'll manage. #atleastgiveitatrybeforegoingnuclear
  • Unknown
    Options
    Stephen is plain wrong. This one isn't great. Prologue healing was stupid, and needed to be done away with (I guess, because it hurt so many people?) but to take it away in general is a pure money grab.
  • FaerieMyst
    FaerieMyst Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Psshhhh . . . . if we can't jump to conclusions, what exercise would we get????
  • Unknown
    Options
    The 176th True Healing Thread. At least we've moved on from all the kitchen spam.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Only by walking in different directions can we show how well we can march together!
    Only by saying different things at different times can we show how well we can speak with one voice!
    Only by putting our own threads before all others at all costs can we illustrate how well we work as well-organized team!
    Only by upvoting and downvoting the same person en masse can we show that we feel really strongly about a topic in one direction or the other!
    Only by completely ignoring and misunderstanding what our brethren have said can we show how well we understand and respect our new brotherhood!
    Only by fracturing into a gazillion ambiguously titled threads can we show our true unity and willingness to stick together, no matter what they do to us!

Yes! Together, we can fall apart! We can all get on our soapboxes and scream different things! By ripping apart all the threads of a cloth, we can show how seamlessly it might have gone together!

Or, alternately, we can stick to a few existing threads, read the available posts, and upvote the really good ones. Posts that go green can be added to the great posts compendium, which does get attention.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Yes! Together, we can fall apart! We can all get on our soapboxes and scream different things! By ripping apart all the threads of a cloth, we can show how seamlessly it might have gone together!

Or, alternately, we can stick to a few existing threads, read the available posts, and upvote the really good ones. Posts that go green can be added to the great posts compendium, which does get attention.
    OMG, STOP TRYING TO MAKE US CONFORM! YOU ARE ALL THAT IS WRONG WITH SOCIETY NOWADAYS! THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE DENIED! ---E <-- pitchfork
  • mjh
    Options
    I've sent my message to D3 through the mail icon in the game expressing the same frustration and disappointment everyone else is feeling. If everybody reading this does the same this cannot go unresolved. Organization is how things change
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Anyone remember back when alliances were introduced, or when spidey/ragnarok/thorverine was nerfed, or when scaling was introduced, or when shields were introduced and everyone then was proclaiming the end of mpq as well. The list goes on. This is hardly the biggest change to the game overall and you shouldnt dramaticize it as much. Changes like thorverine nerfs and boost nerfs impacted 2* players orders of magnitudes more than this change will.
  • darkmagearcanis
    darkmagearcanis Posts: 401
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Posts that go green can be added to the great posts compendium, which does get attention.

How much attention are we talking about? Also, attention by who? The forum users or the devs?

Edit: I am actually serious about this question. Do the devs communicate with your about the posts in the "Go Green Compendium"?
  • Marvelous
    Marvelous Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options
    The OP is right.. making a million threads isn't going to do much other than bring the issue to the dev's eyes, but if we're still putting coin in there pockets, threads don't mean s**t. Actually getting emails is more threatening and proof of an actual customer who is dissatisfied. Once people start sending emails they usually just quit if they don't receive some sort of recognition or reconciliation. We should let the Dev's know, we want them to veer away from making this Pay to Play. They should be giving out new covers like they were candy when they first come out. Lets be honest getting a new cover will allow you to play in the next event and do well. Getting a new cover almost guarantee's you'll want to play and will be playing a lot in the next event, which is what the dev's ultimately want. The longer we play the more likely we're going to drop money for shields, roster slots, etc. Instead of nerfing health they should just be coming up with more characters. How bout new 2* characters??.. that would make a 2* star event worthwhile again. As it stands 1* characters are useless unless forced to be used as they are now.. and even 2* are pointless if you have enough decent 3*. They need to start having events that make you use your WHOLE roster instead of just the top 3* characters.. The whole OBW healing issue is bull. The only reason she was overused is because she is the only 2* character worth a damn and a viable option when playing. Once you get enough 3* characters there's never a reason to return to your 2*, unless they have an extremely useful and rare ability like OBW. For the guy's that didn't want to grind or put in the time, there excited for the nerf. For the poor and everyone else who used this as there only option to do well in these kinds of events are s**t out of luck. Instead of nerfing her throughout why didn't they rotate when she could be used that way people couldn't sit there and grind forever, but they still could get her help occasionally throughout the event. Removing entirely forces you to pay. No thank you. Show me something shiny and new, give me a taste and I'll happily spend a little.. twist my arm and I'll give you the finger and deliberately not spend a dime.
  • Marvelous
    Marvelous Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options

Anyone remember back when alliances were introduced, or when spidey/ragnarok/thorverine was nerfed, or when scaling was introduced, or when shields were introduced and everyone then was proclaiming the end of mpq as well. The list goes on. This is hardly the biggest change to the game overall and you shouldnt dramaticize it as much. Changes like thorverine nerfs and boost nerfs impacted 2* players orders of magnitudes more than this change will.

You are full of s**t. This is the first event that I was unable to get a new cover and I've been playing for several months. The above charcter nerf's etc., changed they game slightly but did not force me to pay or to be unable to place well in an event. This healing one did.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Marvelous wrote:

You are full of s**t. This is the first event that I was unable to get a new cover and I've been playing for several months. The above charcter nerf's etc., changed they game slightly but did not force me to pay or to be unable to place well in an event. This healing one did.

Changed the game slightly? Back in the day, thorverine was straight up on the same power level as punisher is today, meaning that the optimal 2* roster (thor/wolvie/obw) could easily compete with a full 3* roster today. Throw in the ridiculously cheap boosts and that team slaughtered everything in their way. Your first loss this time around was the culmination of all of these nerfs over time and the increased number of players with superior rosters. The healing nerf was obviously a big blow to 2* players, but dont act as if it was the largest change to date. Simple thought exercise, would you rather have thorverine+boosts rebuffed to what it was like back then or obw healing back? Pretty sure most people would rather have the buffs back than healing.