The Doctor (Doom) is in.

1234568»

Comments

• Zathrus wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    3/5/5 spidey is complete yay

Same here. And I made only top 10 so I didn't have to sell any extra covers. I do hope everyone who got the covers needed them icon_e_smile.gif

Sweet same here top 10 and complete spidey now at 3/5/5
    So much ISO needed to level though

Mines at 120 so i think maybe 60,000 iso or so more. I can get that in 2 days of lightning round.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Second place swaqqq

Had a 32 point lead for the entire last half hour since no one was **** attacking, so i did a quick -9 yield, then i sat there until one minute left and gave someone else a third retreat for a -27

Whoever was in first after that quickly dropped to third

lol i only needed blue, just means i get another 25HP for selling an additional 3 star

5/4/3, so close c:
  • First tourney and I placed 9th with my BW/(IM35/Storm) newbie team. I was in the top 2 for a long time and then had to go to a Christmas party and got crushed down and couldn't recover. But at least I took home a shiny Green Rag and Purple Spidey!
  • RaithVZ wrote:
    First tourney and I placed 9th with my BW/(IM35/Storm) newbie team. I was in the top 2 for a long time and then had to go to a Christmas party and got crushed down and couldn't recover. But at least I took home a shiny Green Rag and Purple Spidey!

Well done and welcome to the boards.
  • Got the purple so 3/5/5 now. I took top 5 just to be safe. Was in 2nd a couple of time by mistake and was ready to yield down but I got passed in time. My bracket had someone going for 1st so it was pretty easy other than a few scares where they must have taken some attacks but they pulled themselves back up. Was all ready to start going for first now that Spidey is complete and they go and swap in Grey BW. Back to digging for 2nd... Sigh.
  • ApocryphicV
    ApocryphicV Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    Man, the battle for Spider-Man covers are always nuts. Never had so many attacks and retaliations in a last hour ever. I barely squeaked in at 10 and got my 3rd purple Spidey cover. So thankfully that I didn't end up at 11 or worst due to having all my Captain America covers.

Congrats to all the top placers. Well fought, well earned.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    3/5/5 spidey is complete yay

Same here. And I made only top 10 so I didn't have to sell any extra covers. I do hope everyone who got the covers needed them icon_e_smile.gif
    Totally same here. Now I only need 2 green covers to complete my Widow.
  • keeping the score to #2 and yielding on purpose sometimes still at the last minute pushed to #1 icon_evil.gif when i need spidey, got me invisible hag icon_lol.gif
    damn you *i forgot his id*
  • Joined a new bracket with only 50 min left on the clock and played it like a lightning round. Stayed pretty consistently in 2nd place the last 30 min and ended at number 2 with barely topping the 500 progression reward.

Spidey is now 3/4/5.. just need one more blue cover for him.
  • keeping the score to #2 and yielding on purpose sometimes still at the last minute pushed to #1 icon_evil.gif when i need spidey, got me invisible hag icon_lol.gif
    Balancing your points at the end really is a tricky business. I am glad that it worked out for me, got second place (not in your bracket, unless your IGN is different). Sorry that you won icon_e_wink.gif
  • Dephro wrote:
    keeping the score to #2 and yielding on purpose sometimes still at the last minute pushed to #1 icon_evil.gif when i need spidey, got me invisible hag icon_lol.gif
    Balancing your points at the end really is a tricky business. I am glad that it worked out for me, got second place (not in your bracket, unless your IGN is different). Sorry that you won icon_e_wink.gif
    my IGN is excelion, i forgot that my rival is also possibly aiming at #2. stay in# for the last hour and yielding at last minute is still not enough. bwahahahahaa..
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Man, the battle for Spider-Man covers are always nuts. Never had so many attacks and retaliations in a last hour ever. I barely squeaked in at 10 and got my 3rd purple Spidey cover. So thankfully that I didn't end up at 11 or worst due to having all my Captain America covers.

Congrats to all the top placers. Well fought, well earned.

I was sitting at #1 and got knocked down a few pegs... and by a few I mean a few hundred points down to #13 in the last hour. My face got so wrecked... so wrecked...
  • I express my gratitude to the 2 people attacking me in the last two hours, so I didn't have to go out with a IW here icon_e_biggrin.gif. My aim was Top 10, I finished third, so everything is fine.
  • my IGN is excelion, i forgot that my rival is also possibly aiming at #2.
    Still wasn't you. For me and my rival it became a real battle of who resigns the most, because we had a comfortable cushion between us and third place. In the end I was lucky to get #2.
  • Spoit wrote:
    lavs23 wrote:
    Top 2 maxed out my Spiderman! Now to found thousand of ISO. BTW I bought the 100HP Heroic token daily deal...Yellow Spiderman icon_rolleyes.gif That was fun I was in 1st with less than a minutes lost a game and fell to 2nd at the last minute.
    Oh you were in my bracket too right? did my last minute -20something points help?
    Yeah I thought I'd jump in the tourney at 3am here hoping to get placed with a bunch of Europeans that wouldn't be around at the end. Didn't work, I ran out of heals and had to switch to C. Storm/**Magneto for the last game.
  • Dninot
    Dninot Posts: 214
    Long time no see guys!

I so much wanted to destroy this event. I already had several covers for my Doctor Doom, so it was looking good. Then I got completely screwed over with my work schedule and missed the last 8 hours of the event. Grrr!
  • I was in second place with less then a minute left when i got attacked by 3 people in literally the last 5 seconds. I saw the damage pop up and then the match was over before i could see what rank I was in . Nothing like that rush you get in the last 5 minutes of a tournament. Fortunately I was still in top 5 and got the blue cover i was after. Longest two minutes of my life (a little hyperbole) waiting for the rewards to pop up.
    Even better I was able to hit the 1100 earlier in the day and get my Doom cover, as well as a Doom cover from one of the standard tokens that was actually a "Doctors Orders" token. Worked out pretty good for me overall. It helped that I tanked the Bad is good torunament so matches were pretty easy for a while.
  • Dephro wrote:
    keeping the score to #2 and yielding on purpose sometimes still at the last minute pushed to #1 icon_evil.gif when i need spidey, got me invisible hag icon_lol.gif
    my IGN is excelion, i forgot that my rival is also possibly aiming at #2. stay in# for the last hour and yielding at last minute is still not enough. bwahahahahaa..

I think I was the one competing with you for #2... if it makes you feel better, I fell to #3 at the last second even though it said i was #2 when the tourney ended icon_cry.gif